if (!isDedicated) then {
0 fadeSound 0;
waitUntil { !isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg" };
dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");
_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", { _id = [] spawn player_death; }];
_playerMonitor = [] execFSM "fixes\player_monitor.fsm";
};

aha i will try it now ty

with a couple of more tweaks i got it fully working in my file without causing problem to my other mods.

Success!
tyvm bro this was a good one!

I too am getting the 'something went wrong please reconnect' error, according to player reports (hasn't happened to me personally on any of my servers yet).

seems to be ok if the user waits 30seconds or so, they eventually get in.

It's pretty standard with 1.7.6 and up, it seems some of the bugs they were on top of after many releases are now back which is rather frustrating.

Personally I wished they would have stuck with 1.7.5 but when they release a new version everyone upgrades straight away as plays with 6 or dayz commander tells them they should so you either follow suit or sit with an empty server.

I would patch back to 1.7.5 or even 1.7.4.4 (which had the lowest amount of bugs for me), but as you said... every player out there insta-updates and asks 100 times why your server isnt up2date, after 1-2 weeks the server is nearly empty.

I was able to fix the anti-teleport-bug, but still stuck on "Something went wrong, disconnect and try again", after the server is on max players, RPT says "Unable to sync character, Character id is nil" or something like that, never had that with 1.7.4.4... I mean no one crys for new updates, iam happy if i dont have to update my servers all few days... the last updates seem like no one have tested anything.

We really need a fix for the something went wrong error. I have to restart my servers every 2-3 hours to keep it clean. If anyone has any idea it would be of great help.

Yeah, i read and googled alot about it... no one in any forum could reply. So i gues it would be the best to research what we all have in common....

I have the problem

- running actual reality build
- namalsk 0.741 (using 1.7.6.1 build)
- didnt build the package with reality cp
- only using hiveext and dlls from reality repo
- using server.pbo and mission.pbo from official nightstalker server-package.
- bug sometimes ocours even when server is only on 50% of maxslots, but mostly when near 100%.
- sometimes you can join if you wait like 2 minutes, most of the time you get "Something went wrong"
- When "Something went wrong" i get "ERROR: Cannot Sync Character Error: No vehicle has nil characterID" in server.rpt

The Question is, is this reality related, dayz 1.7.6.1 related, betapatch-related? Server.pbo related? I realy cant tell...

Does anyone running a pwnoz0r hive have this problems? If not... i will think about a switch, because it just seems that no one realy cares here, and many of my players gone because they hate it when they cant login for a few hours.

Maybe someone with an older reality/bliss version here who hasnt the problem?

It's not really a reality issue. Even public hive's have this I guess....

It's really bullshit btw :D I'm starting to hate hosting dayz actually :/

We used Reality build with all reality files and folders from Dayz Commander, and server runs fine.
Never get the errors you guys refer to.
So, how many players do you have? Because if you just run with 5-10 or 20 players, its normal that you dont get an error, it happens when server runs on low-fps.

Does anyone have the anti hack/ teleport line I need to remove?
I removed anti-teleport in my mission-file, but it changed nothing... error keeps comming back.

Indeed. No high pop servers will mostly don't have any trouble. Even no lag.
You can have the highest server specs, dayz server WILL lag when it's high populated. It's a fact.

Indeed. No high pop servers will mostly don't have any trouble. Even no lag.
You can have the highest server specs, dayz server WILL lag when it's high populated. It's a fact.

Yep. Something went wrong message is getting very annoying and frustrating. It's most noticeable when the server get past 50% pop and also the server object not found spamming in rpt and red chains suck!

I rebuilt with reality and noticed some code differences from my current server.pbo. I will be updating my mod soon and will implement this new file in hopes of fixing this.

As far as the Teleport line, I just want to remove that script. I dont need it. If someone has it, that would be great.

I rebuilt with reality and noticed some code differences from my current server.pbo. I will be updating my mod soon and will implement this new file in hopes of fixing this.

As far as the Teleport line, I just want to remove that script. I dont need it. If someone has it, that would be great.
Copy your player_monitor.sqf and player_monitor.sqm from the dayz_code.pbo to your fixes-folder.
Just search for _playerMonitor in init.sqf, change it to fixes/player_monitor.sqf, open player_monitor.sqf change the path to player_monitor.fsm to the fixes folder, open player_monitor.fsm, search for a line with antihax.sqf and delete/comment it.

Which differences to you see? As far as i know they implented this login-process in dayz 1.7.5: http://opendayz.net/index.php?threads/a-faster-login-process-for-dayz.1052/ (which worked great for me in 1.7.4.4).

I gues (as always) they implemented it wrong and made everything worse then it was before... serverhosting right now just suxx more then ever before, i mean yeah... we have to deal with bugs and stuff, no problem... but why do they release stuff thats seems to be non-tested and has awfull featues that simply doesnt work and suck for legit players.

Just stop updating dayz if you are not sure if its working 99% correct, even if there are no updates till standalone... thats fine.

So, raged enough ;) Anyone here running pwnoz0r or something else like reality and gets the same errors? because i want to make sure that this isnt a probleme of the hive-software.

Back