Bullet Trajectory

Innuce

Sorry if this has been resolved already...

Is there anything we can do to correct the bullet drop being reversed? The farther away my target is, the lower I have to aim. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

What game are you playing? I have to aim higher the father away my target is.

Just the regular Chenarus map on a DayZ.st server. Just started it up last week and noticed guns need to be aimed lower at a distance to get headshots. Normally, you would think you'd need to aim higher at a distance.

The gun I am using doesn't have zeroing. It does this on different guns even. I haven't done alot of testing but so far it does it on M4A3, G36, and M4A1.

Could it be a bug on dayz.st servers only?

Sounds wiered, however I have my server at dayz.st aswell, and currently the mission files, does not get downloaded ingame, when uploaded in control panel. So I guess they are experiences some issues atm. Anyway, the guns aiming wrong do sound strange.

Are you using normal rounds or SD rounds? Using STANAG SD mags in non-silenced weapons causes the bullets to land higher than expected. Using normal STANAG mags, I've always seen the bullet impacts appearing below my crosshairs at long distances.

Ah yes, I am using Stanag SD rounds. I remember they do act funny in non-SD guns. I been away from the game for awhile...
At far ranges I'm having to aim for the knees to get a headshot. Forget it if it's a crawling or hopping zombie.
Surprised there isn't a fix for this yet.

So I think the culprit is SD rounds. There's no way to script something to cause SD rounds to fall downward instead of upward? Seems like a unit in the coding is missing something simple like a negative sign?

I would have to look into some things, but the code you are looking for is something along the lines of:

if (_ammotype == "*****SD") then (_ammotype = "*****")

That would be in something like player_fire.sqf or something to that effect. Should be right under the:
if _distance < 800 then
bit. Thanks :D

If you tried anything like that, the first thing it would do is make all zeds react to SD rounds.

I'm pretty confident you cannot overwrite that mission side, as the variables are defined in the config.bin for A2 weapons, but I get proved wrong a lot.

A side effect of that change is that firing SD rounds would attract zombie aggro as if you were firing normal rounds, since weapon loudness is determined by the ammo being fired.

Edit: I got ninja'ed.

Both are correct. More needs to be done to fix said bug, I just give people ideas :p As for actually fixing it... don't use sd rounds... problem solved :D

Both are correct. More needs to be done to fix said bug, I just give people ideas :p As for actually fixing it... don't use sd rounds... problem solved :D

Not using them at all doesn't solve the problem. Also changing them into standard rounds doesn't solve the problem either.
The whole point of using SD rounds is to take out zombies with stealth and not attract dozens to your location.

I thought maybe there was someone clever here who knew how to edit the characteristics of bullets. That is, if it's even possible. I'm not looking at the cheating aspects, but to make them drop properly over a distance like they're supposed to.
Just seems weird at close range you aim for the head you hit the head. Medium range you have to aim for the chest. Long range, you're having to aim for the knees.

I didn't mean that would fix it, and my method only masks the problem. The actual problem is in the arma code I would think. As such, the fix to said problem will be very hard to come across. I have no clue as to how to fix it proper, I can only tell you ways so the problem is not noticeable.

No takers?
I'm not good at this scripting stuff, that's why I'm asking if anyone has a fix for this or can direct me to one? Or do we have to wait for some future patch to fix this issue?

Interesting note...
Using a G36K, it has the dual scopes.
If you use the ACOG scope, SD ammo has a proper drop over distance.
With the Reflex (red dot) scope, SD ammo drops upwards over distances.

So now I'm wondering if it's not the Stanag SD ammo, but rather the scopes that affect the trajectory?

Without trying to sound rude, I'm not sure anyone cares too much.

It's been an issue for...well as long as I've had arma 2, and I bought it 2 months after release. Although I can't remember when I first encountered it.

I got used to it, and so has everyone I know. It annoying I agree :)

Back