[REQUEST] Custom Loadouts

Swadel

Hey Everyone,

Stapo great server pack really i love it. Great work man :)

I have one request are you going to add the ability to change starting loadouts? or can i do this already? sorry im really new to this.

Thanks again man.

Haha! i just want to change what people spawn with. I can add items manually not really looking for that though. Playing Legit on my server :)

Custom Loadouts are being worked on, i should have something out by the weekend.

So I know you are working on it and hope you find a way to do it but is there a way I can edit the load out in one of the pbo files? Unpack it and change it then pack it back up, if so what file can I find the starting load out in? Thanks for your hard work.

So I know you are working on it and hope you find a way to do it but is there a way I can edit the load out in one of the pbo files? Unpack it and change it then pack it back up, if so what file can I find the starting load out in? Thanks for your hard work.

if you cant wait a few days you can try this method, but this is the GLOBAL loadout which means it cannot be set for individual players:

upack dayz_server (@Server/Addons/) then open up server_playerLogin.sqf (dayz_server/compile) in notepad ++

and look for this section:

jKxIlNs.png

now change it to something like:

//_config = (configFile >> "CfgSurvival" >> "Inventory" >> "Default");
_mags = "ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller";
_wpns = "Makarov";
_bcpk = "DZ_Patrol_Pack_EP1";
_randomSpot = true;
_key = format["CHILD:203:%1:%2:%3:",_charID,[_wpns,_mags],[_bcpk,[],[]]];
_key call server_hiveWrite;

then save it and repack the dayz_server into a pbo.

tell me your results :)

Looks like a nice solution Personally I recommend waiting for the database side release. I heard the guy that fixed the code for the foreign keys is really smart and sexy.

PS Stapo, my SQF/C++ programming is crap, but should the arrays be in brackets? IE
Code:
_mags = ["ItemBandage","ItemBandage"];

or similar?

Looks like a nice solution Personally I recommend waiting for the database side release. I heard the guy that fixed the code for the foreign keys is really smart and sexy.

PS Stapo, my SQF/C++ programming is crap, but should the arrays be in brackets? IE
Code:
_mags = ["ItemBandage","ItemBandage"];

or similar?

no, because the hive write does it:

_key = format["CHILD:203:%1:%2:%3:",_charID,[_wpns,_mags],[_bcpk,[],[]]];

Ive tried that way before with the pbo files its a pain in the Backside it does work on occasion but database side would be awsome

Back