dayZ (arma) AI Controlled Bus Route.

Testing on 1.7.6.1 with no errors. Really cool add on axeman. Thanks for sharing. Also using the train script, also very cool.
Ta, I have been playing with that train script as I was having no end of trouble with it on my server. Have got the track detection working so the train finds the track rather than having a map.

Only issue I am having though is at points, the train can't decide which way to go and takes an average of the two tracks going in different directions, I am ending up with a train sitting in the grass inbetween the tracks :)

i have seen it act a bit goofy on the turnarounds but all in all, still fun. I think it'll add to the "oh crap, is that a train?" factor. lol

I really like the idea it was just wiping people out though. Naturally I am going to put a light on it :)

Well hey, if they can't avoid getting hit by the train, maybe they should take the bus! Now i wonder if its possible the train may hit the bus... :eek:

I would love to see the bus or multiple buses drive the entire coast. Anyways, thanks for the hard work on these.

Well hey, if they can't avoid getting hit by the train, maybe they should take the bus! Now i wonder if its possible the train may hit the bus... :eek:

I would love to see the bus or multiple buses drive the entire coast. Anyways, thanks for the hard work on these.
I like your thinking, is a distinct possibility, might have to setup a crash :)

Loving the bus service, keep up the good work man. Going to see if i can mod it a little more to work with helicopters and get them to respawn once they have been killed, without having to wait for a server restart.

Thanks, I am working on a second bus / replacement if the existing bus somehow gets destroyed.. Bascially all that would be needed is an eventhandler on the bus that restarts the whole process if the bus is killed..

Also, is there a way to force the AI to stay in the drivers seat and not allow the players to get into that seat?

Little bit of a bug i think so far. The bus actually appeared next to me in Berezino with no driver, co-driver sitting in the back and the armed AI kept attacking me... Even a server restart didn't stop them. I had to comment out the sqf and start the server once and then reload it again. Ill let you know if i figure that one out.

Thanks, I am working on a second bus / replacement if the existing bus somehow gets destroyed.. Bascially all that would be needed is an eventhandler on the bus that restarts the whole process if the bus is killed..

Hi Axeman,

i will try to load up the Sar_AI to my chernarus rmod server (g-portal).
So i have to change the dayz_rmod_1.chernarus.pbo in the path DayzReality/MPMissions like this.

dayz_rmod_1.chernarus.pbo
addons
sarge
SHK_pos
UPSMON
description.ext (edited)
init.sqf (edited)
mission.sqm (edited)

Due to the already installed r-mod i dont have to change the sar_AI_init.sqf and the scripts.txt. Am i right ?
Even with Battle Eye switched off nothing happens. Sorry a bit off topic
Thanks for your help.

Kohle​

Also, is there a way to force the AI to stay in the drivers seat and not allow the players to get into that seat?
Not as far as I am aware, you can lock vehicles but it stops people getting in. The wheelmouse option would need disabling..

Little bit of a bug i think so far. The bus actually appeared next to me in Berezino with no driver, co-driver sitting in the back and the armed AI kept attacking me... Even a server restart didn't stop them. I had to comment out the sqf and start the server once and then reload it again. Ill let you know if i figure that one out.
Seems like the driver was killed. The armed response are sent on a seek and destroy so just kill anything in the vicinity, I couldn't get them to target a particular player. I would have thought a server restart would restart the whole thing. A soft restart (mission restart) may keep the AI and possibly the bus, haven't tested that.

I have a monitorRetaliation.sqf that kills of the AI retaliation after a time period, is getting it to trigger is the tricky bit.. Currently it works for the whole group, I may have to edit so it works for each unit..

Hi Axeman,​
i will try to load up the Sar_AI to my chernarus rmod server (g-portal).​
So i have to change the dayz_rmod_1.chernarus.pbo in the path DayzReality/MPMissions like this.​
dayz_rmod_1.chernarus.pbo​
addons​
sarge​
SHK_pos​
UPSMON​
description.ext (edited)​
init.sqf (edited)​
mission.sqm (edited)​
Due to the already installed r-mod i dont have to change the sar_AI_init.sqf and the scripts.txt. Am i right ?​
Even with Battle Eye switched off nothing happens. Sorry a bit off topic​
Thanks for your help.​
Kohle​
I haven't tested it alongside Sarge's AI, should work with it though.

Hi Axeman,​
i will try to load up the Sar_AI to my chernarus rmod server (g-portal).​
So i have to change the dayz_rmod_1.chernarus.pbo in the path DayzReality/MPMissions like this.​
dayz_rmod_1.chernarus.pbo​
addons​
sarge​
SHK_pos​
UPSMON​
description.ext (edited)​
init.sqf (edited)​
mission.sqm (edited)​
Due to the already installed r-mod i dont have to change the sar_AI_init.sqf and the scripts.txt. Am i right ?​
Even with Battle Eye switched off nothing happens. Sorry a bit off topic​
Thanks for your help.​
Kohle​

I think you are mixing things up here.

SAR_AI_init.sqf never has to be changed for my mod to work. Scripts.txt is for your BE filters, that's a different topic.

UPDATE: Uploaded latest changes to zip in first post
  • Have handled drivers mate error, though for the life of me, I can't get him to get in the drivers seat. If a player gets in and out he dives in. Haven't tried switching the engine off, that is next.
  • New code to re-populate the bus if driver and mate killed, tested and working..
  • Heavily commented code.
  • Retaliation still brutal, have included monitorRetaliation.sqf (not implememted). Was designed to start with the AI retaliation but I couldn't be sure that the leader would be alive. Needs tweaking to work for each AI unit to disband them after a time limit.
  • Still can not detect player who killed bus driver, the reason for seek and destroy.
  • Put my name to it - Use at your own leisure so long as not profiting from it, credits would be nice, though I have to credit everyone I learnt off so pass it forward.
  • Working on second bus and train so I can crash them all in the middle :)
monitorRetaliation.sqf: is designed to work from the leader of the group and delete the whole retaliation group after a time period. Problem is if the leader dies. Thinking about it, it should still be running, try un-commenting line #114 in sendSupport.sqf to activate this and test..

sry axeman but here the restriction #8 also without adding your ai addon , btw i already have inkkos script.txt

sry axeman but here the restriction #8 also without adding your ai addon , btw i already have inkkos script.txt
cheers, updated 1st post..

Also just notice retaliation was commented out, just updated..

@axeman ,
the newest version correct my little bug in RPT.
but now when i kill the driver and her compagnon it spawn a lot of soldier! More than 50 soldier lol and the server lagg after that.

(ps : i dont see any Hmmwv_dz after driver killed its normal?)

Back