dayZ (arma) AI Controlled Bus Route.

Testing it out and its VERY annoying. The older version i think worked fine but this guy is now the most retarded driver in the world. He is stopping for EVERYTHING. If a chicken or anything gets in the way he stops, if a zombie is infront of the bus, he stops. he stops for everything ever and if u don't get out and clear the zombies he won't drive past them.

@axeman ,
the newest version correct my little bug in RPT.
but now when i kill the driver and her compagnon it spawn a lot of soldier! More than 50 soldier lol and the server lagg after that.

(ps : i dont see any Hmmwv_dz after driver killed its normal?)
hmm, can you tell if the retaliation are killing bus drivers,causing a respawn of another 5 ai retaliation soldiers and a new bus crew, who get killed etc..

Testing it out and its VERY annoying. The older version i think worked fine but this guy is now the most retarded driver in the world. He is stopping for EVERYTHING. If a chicken or anything gets in the way he stops, if a zombie is infront of the bus, he stops. he stops for everything ever and if u don't get out and clear the zombies he won't drive past them.
The only addition to the AI drivers is the line to stop at the waypoints
Code:
axBusWP setWaypointTimeout [10, 15, 20];//thanks orcthrasher :)
they did stop a lot before, he will eventually drive over a zombie but it is slow. Not sure how to handle this, will have a think about it.

Arma AI is well known to stop for animals and civilians.

No way to work around that sadly, you can't force em to run bunnies or zeds over.

Sarge

@axeman ,
the newest version correct my little bug in RPT.
but now when i kill the driver and her compagnon it spawn a lot of soldier! More than 50 soldier lol and the server lagg after that.

(ps : i dont see any Hmmwv_dz after driver killed its normal?)
The HUMMV was originally added for the AI to drive in, they managed to get stuck though. I have added a timer to wait to re-populate the bus and also to kill off the AI retaliation after 480 seconds. If you want to increase the time it needs to be done in both files.. Have done a little testing, they do go but the new bus crew have supposedly spawned and searching for survivors, I can only guess they have found another bus: Download Here Am working further on this, is a temporary fix to stop the AI spawning going mad...

Thanks for your sript and support. Are testing it right now. Works, great, but: if i kill the driver only one soldier spawns and hes NOT attacking me.... Andy idea why ?

okay, found one thing in the logs:
Warning Message: Script busroute\crewKilled.sqf not found

but in your tutorial you say it should be in units\

I cant get the bus repopulated. And te Soldiers dont spawn everytime. I get this in the logs:

Code:
15:01:18 "BUSCREW: Driver killed: Victim: R 1-1-A:1 | Killer: B 1-1-C:1 (der.reisende) REMOTE | Bus: 192dd0c0# 1055235: ikarus.p3d"
15:01:18 "BUSCREW: Creating Replacement BAF_Soldier_L_DDPM by <NULL-object> at [11977.4,3537.04,0]. Result:<NULL-object> | Loadout:any / Num:any"
15:01:18 "BUSCREW: Creating Replacement BAF_Soldier_L_DDPM by <NULL-object> at [11977.4,3537.04,0]. Result:<NULL-object> | Loadout:any / Num:any"

But at this position nothing spawns. By the way there should be more soldierspawns in the logfile i think.

Tried your last patched files to.
iget the

Code:
"BUSCREW: Creating Replacement BAF_Soldier_L_DDPM by <NULL-object> at [12118.7,3556.32,0]. Result:<NULL-object> | Loadout:any / Num:any"
15:35:11 "BUSCREW: Creating Replacement BAF_Soldier_L_DDPM by <NULL-object> at [12118.7,3556.32,0]. Result:<NULL-object> | Loadout:any / Num:any"

too, but only later... still no driver back in the bus.

With your last files: when you kill the drive and people are in the bus, they cant get out before sleep 480; is done. It very boring :)
btw. whats about lockdriver true; instead of lock true; ?

Also noticed when the bus first spawns, there are two AI in the bus and 1 that starts to run the route the bus would take.

Will update the tutorial crewKilled.sqf should be in the busroute folder. Bus locking and retaliation / repopulating of bus are quite experimental and unfinished. I kind of added it on at the end without a lot of testing.

Am probably trying too hard to make it look realistic rather than being functional.

Should get a chance to have a look at this later in the weekend.

Another Update:

Sorted the AI retaliation killing the driver by making them in the same group. Used lockDriver, it actually stops players getting into the drivers seat even when in the bus, thanks for that NeverUsedID, I didn't even know the command existed.

AI units should delete themselves after the timeout, a new crew is spawned if there are no units in the Bus Group. I did see an AI just standing there during testing, bus was being driven off though..

Zip in original post updated.

ok the last version did some nice improbvements to my server so lets keep an eye on this one .

btw : should i go into editor get rid of other buses by ersing them or does the script spawns the bus himself?

cheers fox

Do you know what was going on with the script at the time ? Had the driver been shot and replaced or anything else. Am a little concerned about the pause as, for the first time, I have seen the Ai act weird.

The bus has always been fine, I just get on normally. Could it be lag ? What map are you running ?

Yes, i see this too sometimes. The bus suddenly speedup and overdrive you. just dont get in front of the bus :)

btw, hav tested the new script. on local mission it works, on our testserver the driver will not spawnd after he is dead. will try some things at report.

If the bus is negotiating is way round another obstacle it will run you down otherwise it stops is my experience. wait the 480 timeout to see if it creates a new driver and mate. Ate you seeing ai retaliation ?

Manbus.sqf goes in units and driverkilled.sqf isnt required, crewkilled.sqf handle that. Have you got the latest zip downloaded. Am not at pc to check it.

mhh driver now spawns, but after the kill my logfile get spammed for a very long time with :

Code:
36:28 "BUSCREW: Creating Replacement BAF_Soldier_L_DDPM by <NULL-object> at [1740.49,2254.9,0]. Result:<NULL-object> | Loadout:any / Num:any | Group:<NULL-group>"
21:36:29 "BUSCREW: Creating Replacement BAF_Soldier_L_DDPM by <NULL-object> at [1740.49,2254.9,0]. Result:<NULL-object> | Loadout:any / Num:any | Group:<NULL-group>"
21:36:29 "BUSCREW: Creating Replacement BAF_Soldier_L_DDPM by <NULL-object> at [1740.49,2254.9,0]. Result:<NULL-object> | Loadout:any / Num:any | Group:<NULL-group>"
21:36:30 "BUSCREW: Creating Replacement BAF_Soldier_L_DDPM by <NULL-object> at [1740.49,2254.9,0]. Result:<NULL-object> | Loadout:any / Num:any | Group:<NULL-group>"
21:36:30 "BUSCREW: Creating Replacement BAF_Soldier_L_DDPM by <NULL-object> at [1740.49,2254.9,0]. Result:<NULL-object> | Loadout:any / Num:any | Group:<NULL-group>"
21:36:31 "BUSCREW: Creating Replacement BAF_Soldier_L_DDPM by <NULL-object> at [1740.49,2254.9,0]. Result:<NULL-object> | Loadout:any / Num:any | Group:<NULL-group>"
21:36:31 "BUSCREW: Creating Replacement BAF_Soldier_L_DDPM by <NULL-object> at [1740.49,2254.9,0]. Result:<NULL-object> | Loadout:any / Num:any | Group:<NULL-group>"

mhh driver now spawns, but after the kill my logfiel get spammed vor a very long time with :

Code:
36:28 "BUSCREW: Creating Replacement BAF_Soldier_L_DDPM by <NULL-object> at [1740.49,2254.9,0]. Result:<NULL-object> | Loadout:any / Num:any | Group:<NULL-group>"
21:......"

It's spawning but not picking up the group from the bus. the bus should hold a variable for the group.

Back