private "_handled";
_dikCode = _this select 1;
_shiftState = _this select 2;
_ctrlState = _this select 3;
_altState = _this select 4;
_handled = false;

(a lot more code) ....

with no effect.
I'll need to compare the dayz_spaceInterrupt.SQF with keyboard.SQF but had no time to do so yet..

Thanks for the tipps guys! I've created a keyboard_custom.sqf and it's working properly now.
If you want to enjoy some good ol' vanilla basebuilding visit us at 81.169.237.254:2302

I've also implemented a new Stash Storage into the basebuilding menu with a MySQL Trigger that fixes the Placeholder Field "Inventory" when built. (It's running on the Testserver for now, but I'll patch it to the Liveserver later today!)

the new method is the keyboard.sqf file in your mission pbo. After the block that starts with
if (!isNil keyboardKeys) then { blah blah blah};

After that block just add in your space_interupt keys. When the mod loads the keybinds it will include yours too. Also if you need to unblock keys look for the part that says
[key, actionsomething, block] call addArray;

The ones that are in the array, like F1 F2 and so on, are the ones that are blocked. Hence the block parameter. Need more help just ask ;)

It shouldn't be hard to adapt it. Why don't you install it and post your problems and errors. I for one would gladly help you through the hurdles.

Last edited:
Ok Great here is whats happening so far .
1. when basebuilding menu comes up there is no Build List.
2.The items I have saved in a tent are gone. When I re upload the PBO's with out build system , the items are there again.

Thanks for looking at this for me. Been trying to get this done for the last 5 days. Even tried moving some things around and read through this forum more than I would like to admit trying to find a solution.

Last edited:
i am away from home today and cant view all that stuff on my cellphone. if you want you could create a github account and paste the rpt in a gist https://gist.github.com .. pastebin limits free pastebin size ...
or i will look at it tommorrow morning.

my thoughts without seeing anything.

the build menu should always be displayed. i think that failed if there was an error in the buildable list that you put at the bottom of the serverfunctioms.sqf ... it has to be replicated on the client also for it to work.

let me understand the tent comment. you put normal gear into a tent and it doesnt load on restart with the modified pbo?
sounds like an error in the servermonitor.sqf where it loads in the hive objects.

Its 1am and I just got home, tired, worn out, have to get up in 6 hours to go back to work. So just a quick glance at this tonight and then tommorrow afternoon I can look deeper. But you have LOTS of errors here, all in the server_functions.sqf file. What I think is going on is that your variables.sqf file is not running correctly because these are all undefined variables that are in fact defined in the variables.sqf you uploaded to me. Now that is not the 'actual' variables.sqf, its the 'extra' variables.sqf that provides only for basebuilding. So is this one called right below the standard variables.sqf in your init.sqf file? Personally, I abhor multiple files like this and just copy/paste the code into the file.

there are other errors in the publishObject file and maybe others .. I stopped looking. Suggest you upload your mission and server pbo if you cant get this fixed ..

Code:
17:39:23   Error position: <allremovables set [count allremovables, >
17:39:23   Error Undefined variable in expression: allremovables
17:39:23 File z\addons\dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf, line 315
17:39:23 Error in expression <+ 1;
if (_removable != "Grave") then {
allremovables set [count allremovables, >
Code:
17:39:23   Error Undefined variable in expression: allbuildables_class
17:39:23 File z\addons\dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf, line 322
17:39:23 Error in expression <uildlist select _i) select _i - _i + 1;
allbuildables_class set [count allbuilda>
Code:
17:39:23 Error in expression <
[[2, 0, 0, 0, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1], BBTypeOfFlag,              [[0,6,1],     [0,8,0],     0>
17:39:23   Error position: <BBTypeOfFlag,              [[0,6,1],     [0,8,0],     0>
17:39:23   Error Undefined variable in expression: bbtypeofflag
17:39:23 File z\addons\dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf, line 234
Code:
diag_log ("PUBLISH: *NOT* crea>
17:39:22   Error Missing {
17:39:22 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_publishObject.sqf, line 56
17:39:22 Error in expression <h variables/inventory:", _inventory ];
}
else {
Code:
17:39:22   Error Missing {
17:39:22 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_updateObject.sqf, line 258
17:39:22 Error in expression <h variables/inventory:", _inventory ];

if you guys need more help I would be glad to join in. I have this working on 1.8.5 and the latest 1.8.6.1. Just a matter of finding where the changes are and using your compare plugin for notepad++ or simislar text editor.

Alright so, here are my files for base building on 1.8.6.1. The mission pbo can be dropped in as there is no specific code in it as far as I am aware. The server pbo will need to be searched for the base building sections and put into your pbo as server files tend to be somewhat tricky.

The mission files:
Mission PBO

The server files:
Server PBO

if you guys need more help I would be glad to join in. I have this working on 1.8.5 and the latest 1.8.6.1. Just a matter of finding where the changes are and using your compare plugin for notepad++ or simislar text editor.

Hey stuff,

I'm interested in getting this running on my 1.8.5 server. I have a few other things running as well (DZAI and DZMS). Would you happen to have your 1.8.5 server pbo handy with the changes included?

Hey stuff,

I'm interested in getting this running on my 1.8.5 server. I have a few other things running as well (DZAI and DZMS). Would you happen to have your 1.8.5 server pbo handy with the changes included?
Honestly I have no clue. I will look to see if I have them stored somewhere and let you know.

Thanks for your replies fellas - I appreciate it. I've compared his server pbo files to my own, seems easy enough. One thing to note though - the 1.3 install instructions do include some edits to the mission .init file - are these not needed with the method Stuff is using above?

Edit: Specifically, this line is missing from my 1.8.5 mission PBO .init:

progressLoadingScreen 1.0;

Directly ABOVE that, add
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf"; //Compile custom compiles
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "dayz_code\init\settings.sqf"; //Initialize custom clientside settings

Instead I have this:

initialized = false;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";
progressLoadingScreen 0.05;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";
progressLoadingScreen 0.15;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\BIS_Effects\init.sqf";
progressLoadingScreen 0.25;
initialized = true;

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies fellas - I appreciate it. I've compared his server pbo files to my own, seems easy enough. One thing to note though - the 1.3 install instructions do include some edits to the mission .init file - are these not needed with the method Stuff is using above?

Edit: Specifically, this line is missing from my 1.8.5 mission PBO .init:

progressLoadingScreen 1.0;

Directly ABOVE that, add
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf"; //Compile custom compiles
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "dayz_code\init\settings.sqf"; //Initialize custom clientside settings

Instead I have this:

initialized = false;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";
progressLoadingScreen 0.05;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";
progressLoadingScreen 0.15;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\BIS_Effects\init.sqf";
progressLoadingScreen 0.25;
initialized = true;
As long as you put your base build compiles under the existing one you will be fine. That way the game loads it's, then you load yours.

Back