DayZ Base Building 1.3 Discussion

Not necessary. i had this fully working at one point, I just didnt test remove every time I made a change, and now I'm trying to fix something with no real place to start. I'll get it figure out, though.

The following is my way of attempting to check the values of the booleans around the '// Remove Object' code. Does it look legit? I never seem to see it appear in the rpt even though it's not inside of a conditional:
Code:
// Remove Object
    diag_log format["BASE BUILDING 1.3 in allremovables: %1",typeOf(cursortarget)];
    diag_log format["BASE BUILDING 1.3 AND ownerID not equal 0: %1",_ownerID];
    diag_log format["BASE BUILDING 1.3 AND has_toolbox: %1",_hasToolbox];
    diag_log format["BASE BUILDING 1.3 OR baseBuildAdmin: %1",_baseBuildAdmin];
    diag_log format["BASE BUILDING 1.3 OR baseBuildLAdmin: %1",_baseBuildLAdmin];
    diag_log format["BASE BUILDING 1.3 AND canDo: %1",_canDo];
    diag_log format["BASE BUILDING 1.3 AND not remProc: %1",!remProc];
    diag_log format["BASE BUILDING 1.3 AND not procBuild: %1",!procBuild];
    diag_log format["BASE BUILDING 1.3 AND not removeObject: %1",!removeObject];
    diag_log format["BASE BUILDING 1.3 AND s_player_deleteBaseBuild less than zero: %1",s_player_deleteBaseBuild];
    if((typeOf(cursortarget) in allremovables)&& (_ownerID != "0") && (_hasToolbox || _baseBuildAdmin || _baseBuildLAdmin) && _canDo && !remProc && !procBuild && !removeObject) then {
        if (s_player_deleteBaseBuild < 0) then {
            s_player_deleteBaseBuild = player addAction [format[localize "str_actions_delete",_text], "dayz_code\actions\player_remove.sqf",cursorTarget, 1, false, true, "", ""];
            };
    } else {
        player removeAction s_player_deleteBaseBuild;
        s_player_deleteBaseBuild = -1;
    };

I have verified that the following is in the list of action removals at the bottom:
Code:
player removeAction s_player_deleteBaseBuild;
s_player_deleteBaseBuild = -1;

they look right. they should be in the log. Absence of log output also tells you something, Either the file is not being executed at all so the error is wherevever that file gets called ... OR ... that file is not being executed on the server.

Check your local client log file. It will be in a hidden folder in user\appdata. Mine is at
C:\Users\Frank\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA
The log file is Arma2OA.RPT

marc (Nation of the Dead)is working on it. I created a help dialog (separate project) and infistar would close this as soon as it was created. I had to add my classname "Help_dialog" to the infistar list of cmd menus in the ahconfig.sqf

I think that is something similiar here. We added all the actions, which didn't help. I am thinking that there is a cmd menu that is being blocked. The infistar works like this: It has an option to prevent all cmd menus, if you set that to false to Allow cmd menus then it has a list of cmd menus that can be whitelisted. if its not whitelisted then it won't work. So i am not sure what the exact definition of a cmd menu is but that is where I think the problem is. Its odd because the build dialog shows up, but when you build there is no item created and the move hint menu does not display. So maybe that HINT is a cmd menu and if its blocked from displaying the code cant continue on to creating the item. i am just guessing as i have moved on to another project for the moment

Ok I was able to resolve the remove option - as it turned out, one of the fixes to another issue in this thread wasn't explained very well, and I had something out of order.

I am having one other problem, however. When I build a custom object with custom materials, only some of the materials are removed upon completion. I need to do some testing to isolate the issue, but at first glance I cant come up with a reason for this. All materials are represented in the cleanup that follows a build. Has anyone else had this issue?

whatever item isn't removed, open notepadd++ and type that classname into the FIND IN FILES box. Then set your search location for your mission file.
Probably some error in the classname etc, Still not fixed? Then do the same with the name of an item that IS removed and now you have a set of working and non-working code sections to compare

where can i find your project? with the help_dialog?
The help dialog was my other project, i also did one I posted somewhere for a Terms of Service that pops up one time only, the player accepts then they can play.

Thanks. I'm new to scripting with this, so debug help is always helpful. :-D

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

For the record, things apparently go hog wild when you forget to declare the variable in private[] before using it :p

sometimes its an issue, apparently in the salvage parts script its important. to tell the truth, I have never put one in private. What that does is keep the variable from being affected by a variable with the same name outside the code block.

Yeah I figured it was some sort of namespace thing once I did it.

Im going to post this problem while I research in case it is something easy that I am just missing: if I have all the materials (with no extras, in other words _result is true in the recipe dialog), the images for that item do not show up. I have looked at what that condition enables, but other than making the build button available, I'm not seeing it. Let me know if you have any ideas, but in the meantime im testing some stuff

any one figure out how to get this working with dami or infistar anti hack ...the problem is regular non admin players can not build they click build nothing happens then they click it again and it says you are already building pls if someone knows how to fix this let me know i will keep working on it

That is exactly the issue Marc and I had. Marc switched to Dami's and says BB1.3 works out of the box with Dami's antihack. No configuration required.

I was told Infistar mailed out an update for his antihack, I suppose this is one of the fixes but I have not tested it yet.

Just installed this on a test server and the 1st thing is that I can't use the build recipe book
Arma_2_Operation_Arrowhead_Beta_2014_4_25_14_27.jpg

Back