DayZ Epoch Taviana 2.0 - How?

Well, I think I have found the problem. The HiveExt.ini passwords and the database name was all messed up. So I simply copied the hiveext.ini from epoch over to the tavi folder.

Now I simply need to the client computer to check if I have solved the problem.

Oh I forgot to ask you to repeat how to get admin tools to work on my server again...

Thanks.

Last edited:
Perfect. Where do I place the script folder??

BTW, regarding the hiveext.ini issue, I don't know where the heck that version came from. Arrgghh

Last edited:
Ok, after our previous discussion, I decided to copy over my Epoch files that actually worked and rename and mod them to run Tavi in Epoch.

So I delete my Config/tavi folder and my MPMissions/DayZ_Epoch_11.Tavia and DayZ_Epoch_13.Tavia files.

I copied my Config\Epoch folder and renamed it Config\Tavi. Within it, I renamed the epoch.cfg to tavi11.cfg and within the tavi11.cfg, I changed the reading of mission template referring to DayZ_Epoch_11.Tavia.

I copied over DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus and renamed it DayZ_Epoch_11.Tavia. The missions.sqm file within the DayZ_Epoch_11.Tavia folder was modded so that the map reading within the addOns and addOnsauto arrays refer to Tavi instead of Chernarus.

I checked the Hiveext.ini so that the datahive is properly named as Epoch and that the username and password match those written in the @START_TAVIANA.bat file.

Once this was done, I launched the server and then verified the RPT file. Within it I see many "Conflicting addon" error/warning messages. Do these messages need to be addressed?

No .. I removed all but 4 of the traders, removed trader cities. removed dynamic vehicles. Sometimes its longer, I was just curious as to an actual time since it was brought up ... I know that Dayz is SIGNIFICANTLY faster than Epoch and they did that with the 1.7.7 -> 1.8.0 patch so it can be done.

Ok, after our previous discussion, I decided to copy over my Epoch files that actually worked and rename and mod them to run Tavi in Epoch.

So I delete my Config/tavi folder and my MPMissions/DayZ_Epoch_11.Tavia and DayZ_Epoch_13.Tavia files.

I copied my Config\Epoch folder and renamed it Config\Tavi. Within it, I renamed the epoch.cfg to tavi11.cfg and within the tavi11.cfg, I changed the reading of mission template referring to DayZ_Epoch_11.Tavia.

I copied over DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus and renamed it DayZ_Epoch_11.Tavia. The missions.sqm file within the DayZ_Epoch_11.Tavia folder was modded so that the map reading within the addOns and addOnsauto arrays refer to Tavi instead of Chernarus.

I checked the Hiveext.ini so that the datahive is properly named as Epoch and that the username and password match those written in the @START_TAVIANA.bat file.

Once this was done, I launched the server and then verified the RPT file. Within it I see many "Conflicting addon" error/warning messages. Do these messages need to be addressed?

No, one config is overwriting another. Which one do you want if they are different? Taviana or Epoch. .. lets roll with Taviana . Put @tavi last in your -mod parameter

No, one config is overwriting another. Which one do you want if they are different? Taviana or Epoch. .. lets roll with Taviana . Put @tavi last in your -mod parameter

I know that Dayz is SIGNIFICANTLY faster than Epoch and they did that with the 1.7.7 -> 1.8.0 patch so it can be done.

If that is the case, then in the -mod parameter, would it be best to put it as "-mod=@Tavi_Epoch_Server;@DayZ_Epoch;@Tavi"?

Alright, tried that server again and keep getting that local host error message. The link below is the folder containing my RPT file, hive log, server_console log and the screendump at the time of the error.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sr1wyckond51wze/AADWPtCKKSpgHRH0jYaVXGSsa?dl=0

Well, let's just start with the screendump.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rfuslz9unyc9pao/Tavi_hivedeath.jpg?dl=0

SB, I still not sure what may be causing this issue.

BTW, what is the name of the programming language used in the .bat files?

Last edited:
bat files use msdos commands ...

do us a favor and just paste the log files into pastebin.com and then paste the link here
as you are my new best friend i will include you in my pro account so you can post larger files.

your hiveext.log shows its trying to log in with root. when you copied over the config files, did you copy the hiveext.ini?

New best friend??? o_O

I did copy the hiveext.ini over. I simply copied over the entire Epoch folder and renamed it Tavi, verified that the cfg files were pointing and calling the correct files.

New best friend??? o_O

Shhhucks, I feel honored to be called best friend. :D :p

Yes, but yet I can't find the reason why it's calling the wrong db. It's basically a direct copy of the bloody Epoch server.

BTW, I am having difficulty with the Pastebin application. It's not letting me put all files in. I understand how to do it, just not allowing me to copy paste the files.

Here is the hiveext.log:

2015-02-20 09:27:49 HiveExt: [Information] HiveExt
2015-02-20 09:27:50 Database: [Error] Error 1045 (Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)) in connect

the server_console.log has this:

22:30:24 Host identity created.

Yes I know, there should be more in the file.

And BTW, here is my hiveext.ini:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8vn6nwub88lbmvd/HiveExt.ini?dl=0

I will get you those PasteBin links to you soon.

-AM

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, there is a line in the init.sqf within the DayZ_Epoch_11.Tavi MPMission folder that states dayZ_instance = 11. Does this 11 have to match the mission number?? Do the upper or lower case letter make a difference?

One more question SB. In the mission folder DayZ_Epoch_11.Tavi, you had me change the addOns and addOnsauto for class Mission from Chernarus to tavi. But after a further search, there are other classes which call for "Chernarus". Should all references to "Chernarus" be changed to "tavi"???

Last edited:
Back