dayz mission addin (serverside scripts)

@Capello
Why do you think the lab lags your server? How many vehicles have you on your server 200+? (with regards to sitOnBack) Maybe lab. could lag a client with slow graphic card, which also is not ok.
Nevertheless: remove from .sqm class vehicles ( item 18 - item 52) and tell me if it helps.

When someone is near the lab, many people (with pretty good PCs as they say) reports heavy lags, thats why I think. Anyways, I can confirm or bust it, if I remove the lab temporary. My other idea is that according to .st, our database is in Washington, while the server itself is based in the Netherlands, they will move the DB to NL in the next week or so.

I just used your script that allowed players to sit on the back on cars/truck,etc but for some reason i can see the addaction but others that connect cannot see it at all. btw if someone is already on the back and you also get on the back your sitting inside each other. shouldn't it pick a new spot for yourself to sit

@ piXel

reinstalled a fresh install of your addin and everything is working well. will leave it running for afew days and hope it doesnt stop working this time. so far 3 people have found and got dogs to follow them and everyone is getting the zoom in intro.

thanks for your hard work piXel

@piXel

Well, ive been playing with this most of today and cant get past wait for host when i apply the new mission pbo got the old one working fine but for some reason cant get this one to work, if you could help piXel it would be much appreciated and would glady be here for any testing you need to do in the furture.

Attachments

• dayz_1.chernarus.pbo
    153.7 KB · Views: 37
===========Updated 17-02-2013==========

This is version 2 of my addin for DayZ. serverside scripted, so clients don't need an extra mod.

The added storyline is a laboratory where things went wrong and the zombies entered the world true anomalies. As a helping hand in this harsh environment you can find companion dogs that you can command. See movieclip for details.

Install notes in .zip file

what is updated?
this

As a BE side note: I noticed the latest battleeye for servers has a new text file "attachto.txt" This document needs to be empty. I did not have problems with script.txt. If you do, please tell me.

Can this be adapted to other maps? I run the Taviana.com map but would love something like this since I run a NONPVP (survival) server. I have managed to increase zed spawn rate my 4x and their intelegence/AI by a factor of 2..

@istealth
The (!isdedicated) strings in init.sqf need to be correct. Then vehclimb.sqf will be fired from plrInit.sqf

@Phenonix
Your .pbo started on my server. does your .pbo has correct name dayz_X.chernarus. Waiting for host often means can't find mission.

@Osiris
Thx. I hope you enjoy it.

@Jantik
The scripts are map and hive independent. How to in 5 steps:
1. place a doghouse on your map
2. add an init string to the doghouse to make it an anomaly or a dogspawn.
3. add one string to the desciption.ext file to refer to sounds and gfx
4. add two strings in the init.sqf to initialize scripts for the player and server.
5. insert folder addin to mission folder

See for exact dependencies howToAddin.txt in the .zip and use my files as a reference.

Thank you for your Great work!

But can i ask for something?

Can you please release the Dogs script only, since i dont need all of the others files, And if you can do that without the sound please!

My mission file has many files already :<

Thanks again

@Pasha
If you use the latest version, vehclimb is initialised in plrInit.sqf. If you have the intro you have the sitonbackvehicle. Do you have a TSserver?

@catscan
I think you are fine. But do you know where to get a dog? (versions and hives independent)

The dogshouses with dogs are located with a random radius of 70 meters in: Bor, Msta, Polana, Vyshnoye, Grishino, Dubrovka. Take Vyshnoye. Often on the steep hillside or next to the road that goes up and North, near the village. Doghouses with dog should make a barking sound and are on an 'odd' location.

Thank you, turns out i have been looking in the wrong place.

They work fine now, Thanks for sharing this awesomeness!

it works now but when i get killed i get kicked for MPEventhandler remote exec#8 ?

this is the log

Code:
RemoteExec Restriction #8 "Hit" 3:61 Survivor2_DZ - "_this spawn server_playerHit;"

Im getting this now aswell with script #21

i dont really like the BE filtering system since i dont see the logic in it... Either im plain stupid or the filtering system is way too over-sensitive.

It would be very appreciated if someone with a working setup of filters that runs 1.7.5.1 with theese scripts could upload the filters here, every player gets kicked from my server including me.

Some posts have been removed because of unrelated content. If accidently yours is also not there anymore, then please reAsk. I like to help not to bicker.

@catscan
I don't use MPeventhandlers, likely error from other script.

my attachto.txt is empty

Me (and my friends) was banned from my server!
cause: flood in createvehicle.log
take a look:
18.02.2013 17:59:55: khal_br (192.168.1.2:2316) x- #0 "#lightpoint" 3:7 [11727,9871,38]
18.02.2013 17:59:55: khal_br (192.168.1.2:2316) x- #0 "#particlesource" 3:8 [11727,9871,38]
18.02.2013 17:59:55: khal_br (192.168.1.2:2316) x- #0 "#particlesource" 3:9 [11727,9871,38]
18.02.2013 17:59:55: khal_br (192.168.1.2:2316) x- #0 "#lightpoint" 3:12 [11333,6802,120]
.................................. 55 times!

@khal
Although the createvehicle.log might look impressive it is fine. What did your script.log file say when you got kicked/banned and the #number is important than we find a solution in notime.

@ConnorJ
"Requesting initialisation" means your player can't be retrieved from the database. Delete player from player tables and relogin. Avatar will be reinitialize in the db.

@khal
Although the createvehicle.log might look impressive it is fine. What did your script.log file say when you got kicked/banned and the #number is important than we find a solution in notime.

#132 ",getPosASL this select 1,(getPosASL cor3 select 2)]; this setVectorUp [0, 0, 1];"
#76 "this setposASL [getPosASL this select 0,getPosASL this select 1,(getPosASL cor3 select 2)]; this setVectorUp [0, 0, 1];"

Hey piXel its saying "Requesting Authentication" not "Requesting initialisation" and I did what you suggest just in-case but that didn't change anything, im still getting stuck at "Requesting Authentication" then it will eventually say "something went wrong"

@conner
Correct I meant authentication. It means the database does not hook up whith the game. It is not related to my addin though. can you login with the default map.

@khal
I have those too in my log files. I don't think those lines will ban you.
and in file "arma2oaserver.RPT" What does it say there (just a general example) something like:

5:34:13 BattlEye Server: CreateVehicle Log: #10 JimJones (0182c444b09d5e7f687225cf0e91a621) - #29 "MedBox0" 80:108 [11496,3322,1]
5:41:09 Player JimJones kicked off by BattlEye

I am about to go offline so zzz.

@piXel yeah I've never had this issue before, I've added a debug monitor, auto refuel, lifting, and gotten all those working just fine. So this is the first time I've come across this issue.

I'm using dayz.st if that makes a difference

everything load all smooth no error but i see no dogs and function not coming up when trying to sit on the side of a pick up anybody know why

Back