DayZ Mission System

yeh it was addMag, and tents show up like they are supposed to, but im not getting any weapons or mags ive added, they are all dayz weaps ive added not unusual/banned weaps just stuff like the m4 cco sd, and the backpack isnt showing up either

edit-nvm found a typo on the weapons, i will check again to make sure backpack is showing up though
addBackpackCargoGlobal f or backpacks

yeh i saw that in the code for the random loot, and that is what i used, still not working, my weaps still arent populating the boxes either, havent fig'd out why yet

also, when your changing stuff in the pbo, where it has something like...
if (_object getVariable "Mission" == 1) exitWith {}
do you need to change Mission here to Sarge? or is that only in the mission folder sqf?

i'm having an issue where when the mission is completed the marker stays up and another marker dosn't show untilthe server restarts

16:27:50 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf not found

Im getting this error

I did all the steps, I have Sarges AI, Custom Debug, and admin tools. Can anyone help? I really want to get this working. I load in the server but I just spawn in debug

i cant get the debug/addmarkers.sqf to work with lazyink's setup for chernarus

in the mission files, i changed the _dummymarkers to MCoords = _coords;
publicVariable "MCoords";
[] execVM "debug\addmarkers75.sqf"; for minor missions and to CCoords for major missions but now nothing spawns when the missions pops up, no ai no helo/c130/hummer crash or boxes

how do i get the markers to show up when players log in, and get the mission to actually run properly?

edit: just to clarify, i got the markers to work, but now the missions do not spawn anything

this is what one of the missions files looks like now
Code:
//ural wreck Mission by TheSzerdi with credit to TAW_Tonic
private ["_coords","_itemType","_itemChance","_weights","_index","_iArray","_num","_nearby","_checking","_people","_wait","_dummymarker"];
_wait = [120,60] call fnc_hTime;
sleep _wait;
[nil,nil,rTitleText,"A truck has crashed! Kill any survivors and secure the loot!", "PLAIN",6] call RE;
[nil,nil,rGlobalRadio,"A truck has crashed! Kill any survivors and secure the loot!"] call RE;
[nil,nil,rHINT,"A truck has crashed! Kill any survivors and secure the loot!"] call RE;

_coords = [getMarkerPos "center",0,4000,10,0,2000,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

MCoords = _coords;
[] execVM "debug\addmarkers75.sqf"

uralcrash = createVehicle ["UralWreck",_coords,[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
uralcrash setVariable ["Mission",1,true];

[_coords,40,4,3,0] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\Missions\add_unit_server.sqf";//AI Guards
sleep 1;

if (isDedicated) then {

_num = round(random 5) + 3;
    _itemType =        [["M4SPR", "weapon"], ["M4A1_RCO_GL", "weapon"], ["M24_des_EP1", "weapon"], ["G36_C_SD_camo", "weapon"], ["MakarovSD", "weapon"], ["Mk_48_DZ", "weapon"], ["M249_EP1", "weapon"], ["DMR", "weapon"], ["", "military"], ["", "medical"], ["MedBox0", "object"], ["NVGoggles", "weapon"], ["AmmoBoxSmall_556", "object"], ["AmmoBoxSmall_762", "object"], ["Skin_Camo1_DZ", "magazine"], ["Skin_Sniper1_DZ", "magazine"]];
    _itemChance =    [0.02,                    0.05,                            0.05,                    0.01,                0.03,                        0.02,                    0.03,                0.05,                0.1,                0.1,            0.2,                        0.07,                    0.01,                            0.01,                            0.08,                                0.05];

waituntil {!isnil "fnc_buildWeightedArray"};

_weights = [];
    _weights =        [_itemType,_itemChance] call fnc_buildWeightedArray;
    //diag_log ("DW_DEBUG: _weights: " + str(_weights));   
    for "_x" from 1 to _num do {
        //create loot
        _index = _weights call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
        sleep 1;
        if (count _itemType > _index) then {
            //diag_log ("DW_DEBUG: " + str(count (_itemType)) + " select " + str(_index));
            _iArray = _itemType select _index;
            _iArray set [2,_coords];
            _iArray set [3,5];
            _iArray call spawn_loot;
            _nearby = _coords nearObjects ["WeaponHolder",20];
            {
                _x setVariable ["permaLoot",true];
            } forEach _nearBy;
        };
    };
};

_checking = 1;
while {_checking == 1} do {
_people =  nearestObjects [_coords,["Man"],20];
if ({isPlayer _x} count _people > 0) then {_checking = 0};
sleep 1;
};

[] execVM "debug\remmarkers75.sqf";
MCoords = 0;

[nil,nil,rTitleText,"Good work you've secured the crash site!", "PLAIN",6] call RE;
[nil,nil,rGlobalRadio,"Good work you've secured the crash site!"] call RE;
[nil,nil,rHINT,"Good work you've secured the crash site!"] call RE;

SM1 = 5;
[0] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\Minor\SMfinder.sqf";

if anyone is doing Epoch and wants example files - this is my custom setup for my server
mission.zip

(it's only Epoch related because of the loot, if you edited the loot you can apply to whatever)

it appears the major missions are working, so idk whats wrong with the minor missions, the 2 that did pop up were the c130 crash and the broken down chopper missions, and both had ai and boxes spawn properly, just seems the minor missions arent working

AI backpacks are a known glitch. They spawn empty and will fill with loot after being put on and relogging. I believe they also refill on each restart. No idea how to fix this.

I don't know anything about lazyink's fork as I don't work with Chernarus. You should be able to figure out problems by tracing the file executes back/forward.

Sorry I haven't been checking in here. Opendayz.net apparently decided to stop notifying me about replies to this topic.

Edit to add: The AI do not despawn on mission completion and most of the missions are completed by player proximity. Thus a chopper or other vehicle can be driven through the mission area to trigger completion and next mission without killing any AI. This would account for "random" unmarked AI on the map. If desired you could edit the bodyclean.sqf to kill the AI on mission completion by tying it into the remove markers.sqf. I haven't coded for it, so you're on your own there. It creates too large an exploit in my opinion.

Hello, I have this major problem and can't find out how to fix it, I've spent 3 days now searching for a solution online but still no luck.

this line:
fn_bases = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\fn_bases.sqf";

does not exist in the server_functions.sqf so where do I put this line so I can add the other line so I can get this fixed?

Loco.

Code:
waituntil {!isnil "bis_fnc_init"};

BIS_MPF_remoteExecutionServer = {
    if ((_this select 1) select 2 == "JIPrequest") then {
        [nil,(_this select 1) select 0,"loc",rJIPEXEC,[any,any,"per","execVM","ca\Modules\Functions\init.sqf"]] call RE;
    };
};

BIS_Effects_Burn =            {};
server_playerLogin =        compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_playerLogin.sqf";
server_playerSetup =        compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_playerSetup.sqf";
server_onPlayerDisconnect = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_onPlayerDisconnect.sqf";
server_updateObject =        compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_updateObject.sqf";
server_playerDied =            compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_playerDied.sqf";
server_publishObj =        compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_publishObject.sqf";    //Creates the object in DB
server_deleteObj =            compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_deleteObj.sqf";    //Removes the object from the DB
server_publishVeh =        compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_publishVehicle.sqf"; // Custom to add vehicles
server_publishVeh2 =        compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_publishVehicle2.sqf"; // Custom to add vehicles
server_tradeObj =            compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_tradeObject.sqf";
server_traders =            compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_traders.sqf";
server_playerSync =            compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_playerSync.sqf";
zombie_findOwner =            compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\zombie_findOwner.sqf";
server_updateNearbyObjects =    compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_updateNearbyObjects.sqf";
server_spawnCrashSite  =    compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_spawnCrashSite.sqf";
server_handleZedSpawn =        compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_handleZedSpawn.sqf";
server_spawnEvents =            compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_spawnEvent.sqf";

fnc_plyrHit  = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\fnc_plyrHit.sqf";
server_deaths =            compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_playerDeaths.sqf";
fnc_hTime = compile preprocessFile "\z\addons\dayz_server\Missions\misc\fnc_hTime.sqf"; //Random integer selector for mission wait time

vehicle_handleInteract = {
    private["_object"];
    _object = _this select 0;
    needUpdate_objects = needUpdate_objects - [_object];
    [_object, "all"] call server_updateObject;
};

vehicle_handleServerKilled = {
    private["_unit","_killer"];
    _unit = _this select 0;
    _killer = _this select 1;

//////abreviated//////////////

_endTime = diag_tickTime;

diag_log (format["CLEANUP: DELETED %1 ITEMS, RUNTIME: %2",_deletedLoot,(_endTime - _startTime)]);
};
//----------InitMissions--------//
  MissionGo = 0;
  MissionGoMinor = 0;
    if (isServer) then {
  SMarray = ["SM1","SM2","SM3","SM4","SM5","SM6"];
    [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\major\SMfinder.sqf"; //Starts major mission system
    SMarray2 = ["SM1","SM2","SM3","SM4","SM5","SM6"];
    [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\minor\SMfinder.sqf"; //Starts minor mission system
    };
    //---------EndInitMissions------//

hope that helps some

Reactions: Fox
Hello, I have this major problem and can't find out how to fix it, I've spent 3 days now searching for a solution online but still no luck.

this line:
fn_bases = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\fn_bases.sqf";

does not exist in the server_functions.sqf so where do I put this line so I can add the other line so I can get this fixed?

Loco.

Did you figure it out ? I'm in a pickle too , Also trying to add in Epoch , Could any1 help ?

nothing actually works with Epoch 1.0.2.1 - we are about to shut down our servers for it, once you start to mod it - you will loose trader menus, menus for general getting in and out of cars, people will spawn as birds ... its just not worth the headache.

How do i add a little sound notification when mission starts ?

Create a .sqf in the mission.pbo that calls your sound file (which should also be in the mission.pbo and listed in the description.ext). Then add a line of code to EVERY SM#.sqf near the beginning that calls your sound.sqf in the mission.pbo.

Reactions: Fox
Szerdi thank u very much ! I apprecciate that !

ah szerdi ?

[("<t color=""#0074E8"">"+"</t>")
http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/parseText

So here is how i add all my sounds:

i place all my sounds in this file which is named as followed

descrExt.h
Code:
class CfgSounds
{
sounds[] =
{
geiger1,introSong,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51,52,53,54,55,56,57,playerSnoring,fastrope,siren,beep
};

class siren
    {
    // how the sound is referred to in the editor (e.g. trigger effects)
    name = "siren";
    // filename, volume, pitch
    sound[] = {sounds\siren.ogg,1.5,1};
    titles[] = {""};
    };
    class beep
    {
    name = "beep";
    sound[] = {sounds\beep.ogg,2,1};
    titles[] = {""};
    };
};