dayZ NPC (AI) Units / Troops | Add to Server.

I still dont like this solution:

Code:
{ _x addRating -20000; } forEach allMissionObjects "zZombie_Base";

has anoyne tried if

Code:
_agent addRating -20000;

would work instead ?

You see this question Sarge?

Thjis is because i am too lazy to define the magazines as well :) I query the main weapon that the unit is using, and find out the ammunition that belongs to it. By this i canb pass a weapon to my generate scripts, and the scripts can fill the ammo regardless which weapon i passed.

My reammo function btw ensures theres at any time only 1 magazine on a unit - to avoid farming npcs for insane amounts of ammo.

another small thing - always add at least 1 magazine before you add the weapon - the other way around the weapon is not loaded when the unit spawns.

Also, 1 more question:
Could I set up an eventHandler so that when someone kills one of my AI that it gives them a survivor kill or bandit kill and reduces their humanity? so that they can become bandits from killing AI?

Yepp that works. I have a EH for the killed event running on the AI, where i handle that stuff. you will need to figure out who killed the NPC, if it was a player, and then if player = survivor or bandit.

By this you can then substract humanity from player and bandit survivors. About the kill counter i am not sure, would need to check. but i assume that's a variable on the player, so you should be able to adjust it.

Yepp that works. I have a EH for the killed event running on the AI, where i handle that stuff. you will need to figure out who killed the NPC, if it was a player, and then if player = survivor or bandit.

By this you can then substract humanity from player and bandit survivors. About the kill counter i am not sure, would need to check. but i assume that's a variable on the player, so you should be able to adjust it.
How would I set this up? Do I just add the event handler to the units init?

can you paste the code snippet where you define your units ?

mine e.g. looks like

Code:
//Support
_man2heli = _groupheli createunit [_soldiertype, [(_rndpos select 0) - 30, _rndpos select 1, 0], [], 0.5, "NONE"];
_man2heli addMagazine _patrol_magazine_name;
_man2heli addWeapon _patrol_weapon_name;
_man2heli addMPEventHandler ["MPkilled", {Null = _this execVM "addons\SARGE\SAR_aikilled.sqf";}];

_man2heli action ["getInTurret", _heli,[0]];
[_man2heli] joinSilent _groupheli;

can you paste the code snippet where you define your units ?

mine e.g. looks like

Code:
//Support
_man2heli = _groupheli createunit [_soldiertype, [(_rndpos select 0) - 30, _rndpos select 1, 0], [], 0.5, "NONE"];
_man2heli addMagazine _patrol_magazine_name;
_man2heli addWeapon _patrol_weapon_name;
_man2heli addMPEventHandler ["MPkilled", {Null = _this execVM "addons\SARGE\SAR_aikilled.sqf";}];

_man2heli action ["getInTurret", _heli,[0]];
[_man2heli] joinSilent _groupheli;
It's done in a big file with tons of conditionals based on input, but here's 1 specific:
Code:
case 1 : {
    _ailoadout=[_resistanceSniperRifle,_resistanceSniperAmmo];

_resistanceSniperSkin createUnit [_unitpos, _aiGroup,"null = [this] execVM 'scripts\unit_init.sqf'"];

_aiunit enableAI "TARGET";
    _aiunit enableAI "AUTOTARGET";
    _aiunit enableAI "MOVE";
    _aiunit enableAI "ANIM";
    _aiunit enableAI "FSM";
    _aiunit allowDammage true;
    _aiunit setCombatMode "RED";
    _aiunit setBehaviour "COMBAT";

//clear default weapons / ammo
    removeAllWeapons _aiunit;
    //add weapon
    _aiwep = _ailoadout select 0;
    _aiammo = _ailoadout select 1;
    _aiunit addMagazine _aiammo;
    _aiunit addweapon _aiwep;
    _gearCount = count _resistanceSniperGear;
    for [{z = 0},{z < _gearCount-1},{z = z + 1}] do {
        _currentItem = _resistanceSniperGear select z;
        _aiunit addMagazine _currentItem;
    };
    //set skills
    for [{_i=0},{_i<10},{_i=_i+1}] do {
        _totalSkill = (floor(random _skillRemainder)+_baseSkill)/10;
        _aiunit setSkill [_aiSkills select _i,_totalSkill];
    };                       
};

I would add

Code:
_aiunit addMPEventHandler ["MPkilled", {Null = _this execVM "addons\SARGE\SAR_aikilled.sqf";}]

change the path to your event handler script.

Code:
private["_ai","_killer"];
_ai = this select 0;
_killer = this select 1;

_humanity = _killer getVariable ["humanity",0];
_killer setVariable ["humanity",_humanity-1000];

_kills = _killer getVariable ["humanKills",0];
_killer setVariable ["humanKills",_kills+1];

Does that look right for what I would put in the event handler file? it said that MPKiller returns [unit,killer].

Out of curiousity, could I spawn a zombie where an AI is killed?

I have a faction of AI walking around with the same skins as zombies (though the living version). Could I do something in this event handler that checks the outfit that the unit is wearing, and spawn the corresponding zombie, and remove the body of the AI? I know nothing about zombie generation, so I don't know if you can spawn the specific zombie types, or their standing/laying position.

I think that would be a funny mechanic if you shot a unit and then he died and came back as a zombie in like 5 minutes.

You don't have to edit it. You just go into your install folder, and then into the map that you're using (labeled as @DAYZMAP) and pull the pbo from there, open it, pull the file and put it into your scripts folder, and then add that line that I said into the very bottom of the file, and add the new line into your mission init.

Have no idea where you're coming from then dude..

Code:
zombie_generate.sqf:
Pull this file from your Dayz_code.pbo and then add the following code at the very bottom.

On my server, I only have access to the battle eye scripts and @Bliss , which contains the dayz_server.pbo and no other files. In my mission pbo , there is no dayz_code , your statement above says to get this file from the dayz_code.pbo, which I don't have. No offence , but that tutorial is pretty hard to follow and seems to be coming from the "so you already know this stuff, right?" way of doing things! which defeats a tutorials purpose for me.

Also, if you're going to mention the tutorial to other people, please provide the link to the thread as most people wouldn't have the time to scroll back 15 pages just to find what you're talking about.. lol

Also, is there a way to use this detection thing to detect if there are zombies around like it does for bandits? That would mean I could get rid of this zombie_generate.sqf file and just have the ai themselves convert the zombies rating.

Have no idea where you're coming from then dude..

Code:
zombie_generate.sqf:
Pull this file from your Dayz_code.pbo and then add the following code at the very bottom.

On my server, I only have access to the battle eye scripts and @Bliss , which contains the dayz_server.pbo and no other files. In my mission pbo , there is no dayz_code , your statement above says to get this file from the dayz_code.pbo, which I don't have. No offence , but that tutorial is pretty hard to follow and seems to be coming from the "so you already know this stuff, right?" way of doing things! which defeats a tutorials purpose for me.

Also, if you're going to mention the tutorial to other people, please provide the link to the thread as most people wouldn't have the time to scroll back 15 pages just to find what you're talking about.. lol
for me it is G:\Steam\common\Steamapps\Arma2\@DayZOring\Dayz_code.pbo..

Don't look on your server, it's on your local PC. Go to your LOCAL arma 2 installation folder, go in to the map you're using, and find the pbo there.

Code:
private["_ai","_killer"];
_ai = this select 0;
_killer = this select 1;

_humanity = _killer getVariable ["humanity",0];
_killer setVariable ["humanity",_humanity-1000];

_kills = _killer getVariable ["humanKills",0];
_killer setVariable ["humanKills",_kills+1];

Does that look right for what I would put in the event handler file? it said that MPKiller returns [unit,killer].

you will need to check if the killer was a AI or a player. you will also need to check if a survivor or a bandit was killed (no reduction for bandit kills)

you will need to make the setvariable global (3. parameter set to true), and you might need to want to call a player_sync.

for me it is G:\Steam\common\Steamapps\Arma2\@DayZOring\Dayz_code.pbo..

Don't look on your server, it's on your local PC. Go to your LOCAL arma 2 installation folder, go in to the map you're using, and find the pbo there.

Now I get it.. Thanks Sycosis, that makes more sense now.
Now can you explain how this effects the main server and the other clients ?

Now I get it.. Thanks Sycosis, that makes more sense now.
Now can you explain how this effects the main server and the other clients ?
It just moves the file to your mission folder (which makes your mission larger unfortunately) so that you can edit it. What you're doing causes your zombies to become part of the ENEMY side, which means they are hated by everyone capable of hating.

Also, is there a way to use this detection thing to detect if there are zombies around like it does for bandits? That would mean I could get rid of this zombie_generate.sqf file and just have the ai themselves convert the zombies rating.

grin :) that was my point from the very beginning :) The Zombie class you want to look for is called zZombie_Base.

Either you combine these classes in one script, or you run 2 different scripts (i have 2 different ones ... otherwise my heli patrols at the coast would attack all zombis there, which i didnt want. I want them to only shoot at bandits)

My infantry is running the script that detects Zombs and bandits (my AI bandits are the same classes as player bandits).

you will need to check if the killer was a AI or a player. you will also need to check if a survivor or a bandit was killed (no reduction for bandit kills)

you will need to make the setvariable global (3. parameter set to true), and you might need to want to call a player_sync.
_killer setVariable ["humanity",_humanity-1000,true];
like that? How do I call a player sync?

Thats
Out of curiousity, could I spawn a zombie where an AI is killed?

I have a faction of AI walking around with the same skins as zombies (though the living version). Could I do something in this event handler that checks the outfit that the unit is wearing, and spawn the corresponding zombie, and remove the body of the AI? I know nothing about zombie generation, so I don't know if you can spawn the specific zombie types, or their standing/laying position.

I think that would be a funny mechanic if you shot a unit and then he died and came back as a zombie in like 5 minutes.

Thats not that easy i think. in Dayz Zeds are spawned on the playerside ... I would need to look into that to give you a qualified feedback.

_killer setVariable ["humanity",_humanity-1000,true];
like that? How do I call a player sync?

syntax is correct.

you'll need 2 check how it is done in Dayz, never fiddled with that one. It might not be needed, not sure how often a player_sync is happening anyhow (update position etc)

grin :) that was my point from the very beginning :) The Zombie class you want to look for is called zZombie_Base.

Either you combine these classes in one script, or you run 2 different scripts (i have 2 different ones ... otherwise my heli patrols at the coast would attack all zombis there, which i didnt want. I want them to only shoot at bandits)

My infantry is running the script that detects Zombs and bandits (my AI bandits are the same classes as player bandits).
How would I use your script to check if it's them? Would I do (position _ai) nearEntities [[zZombieBase],_detectRange];?

Back