dayZ NPC (AI) Units / Troops | Add to Server.

How would I use your script to check if it's them? Would I do (position _ai) nearEntities [[zZombieBase],_detectRange];?
Code:
_entity_array = (position _ai) nearEntities [["Bandit1_DZ","BanditW1_DZ"],_detectrange];

for Zeds and Bandits:
Code:
_entity_array = (position _ai) nearEntities [["zZombieBase","Bandit1_DZ","BanditW1_DZ"],_detectrange];

pay attention to the detectrange, if you set it too high the function will slow down.

I also dont run this on every member of my groups ... to gain performance again ...

It just moves the file to your mission folder (which makes your mission larger unfortunately) so that you can edit it. What you're doing causes your zombies to become part of the ENEMY side, which means they are hated by everyone capable of hating.

Totally get you now. Open the dayz_code.pbo located on my local machine, copy the zombie_generate.sqf to my mission.pbo , make the changes, repackage and upload ? .. Cheers :D

So once it detects bandits and zombies, how do I tell the difference between the zombies and bandits? Would isPlayer be false? or is there a better way?

I'm getting an error with my init file because i assume it's not finding the magazinetype.. could it be a problem because this is hosted in my mission pbo or something? it gives me this error:
Code:
0:04:22 Error in expression < addMagazineCargoGlobal [_x,(_objWpnQty select _countr)];
};
};
_countr = _count>
0:04:22  Error position: <select _countr)];
};
};
_countr = _count>
0:04:22  Error Zero divisor
0:04:22 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 130

So once it detects bandits and zombies, how do I tell the difference between the zombies and bandits? Would isPlayer be false? or is there a better way?
isplayer will get you human players, for the differentiation of AI bandits / survivors and zeds i would use "typeof" in the part of the if statement that has non human players..

so what u need in essence is (rough draft) is a logic like

Code:
foreach loop ..
    if isplayer _x
        checkif bandit
          add bad rating
    else
        checkif AI bandit or Zombie via typeof
            addbadrating

are you still using you original PBO or start a new one with the 1.7.6 file?
My original get stuck at wait for host and new one nothing spawns but AI work fine, yet before update everything worked perfectly.

My original get stuck at wait for host and new one nothing spawns but AI work fine, yet before update everything worked perfectly.
I don't change anything in my dayz pbo, just my mission pbo and server pbo

yeh thats right, I tried the one I have been working on ver last couple of days-"wait for Host"
so D/L new mission PBO and copied Scripts folder into it then edited init.sql and as required- loads but no loot or Z spawns.

yeh thats right, I tried the one I have been working on ver last couple of days-"wait for Host"
so D/L new mission PBO and copied Scripts folder into it then edited init.sql and as required- loads but no loot or Z spawns.
paste your init.. what map are you using?

Still using the same pbo.. No changes!
Only thing I noticed earlier was that someone was able to hack in a Humvee.. First time in ages! :(

I'm getting an error with my init file because i assume it's not finding the magazinetype.. could it be a problem because this is hosted in my mission pbo or something? it gives me this error:
Code:
0:04:22 Error in expression < addMagazineCargoGlobal [_x,(_objWpnQty select _countr)];
};
};
_countr = _count>
0:04:22  Error position: <select _countr)];
};
};
_countr = _count>
0:04:22  Error Zero divisor
0:04:22 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 130
Any idea why i'm getting this Sarge?

Back