Dayz Sahrani - Mod Development - Work In Progress

Pretty sure I have the final version of the map for the release. Just need to do some final bug squashing (or hiding).

If anyone wants to be a hero and look at why flares are not working? I've tried quite a few things and can not seem to iron it out... It might be down to them not actually having been defined anywhere? but I'm not sure. It got real late as I worked on it last night and whatever progress I made was either lost or forgotten....

Have been meaning to but never got around to getting the map launched into A3 via AiA properly (used to use the A2 addon method which is ghetto and doesn't give you a lot of the good stuff from A3 like AiA does.)

Got some great screenies in super wide format:

GU3nzj5l.jpg

82y3s9il.jpg

CcJB9yul.jpg

2Pgz7b0l.jpg

If anyone wants to be a hero and look at why flares are not working? I've tried quite a few things and can not seem to iron it out... It might be down to them not actually having been defined anywhere? but I'm not sure. It got real late as I worked on it last night and whatever progress I made was either lost or forgotten....

Do you mean with the new build or current 0.78? If new build then we would need to see the client side files to be able to check for errors and i've not seen any test files uploaded to the google group yet.

Ok i've run the new build and tested out a few things on your server and have posted a few issues to your github, only a few small issues that hopefully won't take much to resolve. If there's anything specific you want me to test on let me know and i'll try and do some more testing when i can.

I also went in the trollshed, i just had to go in it for the lol's thankfully admin tools got me out but is there a secret to getting out or is it just not possible if not possible you know that's gonna make it a nightmare for us server owners when everyone gets stuck in them,I would think having a crowbar to get out would be a suitable idea though it will still make it a hard time for admins when players can't get out.:p

It's built into the model, so the trollshed is what it is for now, I'm sure with some decent scripting knowledge there could be a workaround like you mentioned.

The idea is to long term have it so if you have a toolbox you can get out in 30 sec or so, crowbar 10-20, sledgehammer 1-2 hits, hatchet 4-5 hits... I'd like to do it so that you can actually "break" the door, and it shows as broken from there out... but that will take proxy swapping on the model...

If someone wants to work on a script to "bust out" for now, I'd love to include it. Out of my scope though for sure.

I have spent over 10-20 hrs in the past few weeks trying to figure out WTF is going on with the flares... I'm able to break and fix basically every other object, but can not get those working...

It might be a known bug in the base code? I have no idea... I've literally gone over every file 20 times, I'm comparing to known working versions of our own and other mods, and can not for the life of me figure out whats going on.

If you log out and back in, they are illuminated, but they do not get thrown lit....

The problem lays within the player_fired.sqf. It appears someone tried to make the flares attract zombies by lumping them under the Smokeshell check (lines 22 - 40-ish). I changed it to the following to both make them work and attract our nom nom buddies...
Code:
private["_unit","_ammo","_audible","_distance","_listTalk","_weapon"];
//[unit, weapon, muzzle, mode, ammo, magazine, projectile]
_unit =        _this select 0;
_weapon =        _this select 1;
_ammo =        _this select 4;
_projectile =    _this select 6;

//Alert Nearby
_audible = getNumber (configFile >> "CfgAmmo" >> _ammo >> "audibleFire");
_caliber = getNumber (configFile >> "CfgAmmo" >> _ammo >> "caliber");
_distance = round(_audible * 10 * _caliber);

dayz_disAudial = _distance;
dayz_firedCooldown = time;
// Color in the combat icon
dayz_combat = 1;

if (_ammo isKindOf "Melee") exitWith {
    _unit playActionNow "GestureSwing";
};

//Smoke Grenade
if (_ammo isKindOf "SmokeShell") then {
    //Alert Zed's to smoke
    _i = 0;
    _projectile = nearestObject [_unit, _ammo];
    _listTalk = (getPosATL _projectile) nearEntities ["zZombie_Base",50];
    {
        _group = group _x;
        if (isNull group _x) then {
            _group = _x;
        };
        _x reveal [_projectile,4];
        _targets = _group getVariable ["targets",[]];
        if (!(_projectile in _targets)) then {
            _targets set [count _targets,_projectile];
            _group setVariable ["targets",_targets,true];
        };
        _i = _i + 1;
    } forEach _listTalk;
} else {
    _id = [_unit,_distance,true,(getPosATL player)] spawn player_alertZombies;
    //Check if need to place arrow
    if (_ammo isKindOf "Bolt") then {
        _id = _this spawn player_crossbowBolt;
    };
    if (_ammo isKindOf "GrenadeHand") then {

if (_ammo isKindOf "ThrownObjects") then {
            _id = _this spawn player_throwObject;
        };
        if (_ammo isKindOf "RoadFlare") then {
            //hint str(_ammo);
            _projectile = nearestObject [_unit, "RoadFlare"];
            _id = [_projectile,0] spawn object_roadFlare;
            dayzRoadFlare = [_projectile,0];
            publicVariable "dayzRoadFlare";
            _listTalk = (getPosATL _projectile) nearEntities ["zZombie_Base",50];
            {
                _group = group _x;
                if (isNull group _x) then {
                    _group = _x;
                };
                _x reveal [_projectile,4];
                _targets = _group getVariable ["targets",[]];
                if (!(_projectile in _targets)) then {
                    _targets set [count _targets,_projectile];
                    _group setVariable ["targets",_targets,true];
                };
                _i = _i + 1;
            } forEach _listTalk;
        };
        if (_ammo isKindOf "ChemLight") then {
            _projectile = nearestObject [_unit, "ChemLight"];
            _id = [_projectile,1] spawn object_roadFlare;
            dayzRoadFlare = [_projectile,1];
            publicVariable "dayzRoadFlare";
        };
    };   
};

The problem lays within the player_fired.sqf. It appears someone tried to make the flares attract zombies by lumping them under the Smokeshell check (lines 22 - 40-ish). I changed it to the following to both make them work and attract our nom nom buddies...

Ty for the solution :) ill add it to may server and tell you the result :)

I love you darce, I will check it and reconfirm also, I had narrowed that down as the culprit but couldn't for the life of me figure out what went wrong.... I'll give it a go now.

If that's all set, honestly I'm likely just going to release what I have after trying to get a couple last bugs out. It's such a pita... I found an F'ing spider web of F'd up the other day and spent 3 days cleaning up a mess that was buried in double definitions.... still causing weird fallout where I think we might have previously tried to compensate for some issues that were caused by this unbeknownst to us...

- Also figured out the problem with the Workbench so that's in, but still useless other than storage.

- Zombies/players are all now properly defined to take more damage for armored skins and helmets...

- Sahrani Zombies are wearing our zombie'd clothing by Yoshi (and he might be working on some more stuff in his spare time too)

- All the buildings are in there, and a bunch of them now have fully properly shattering glass.

I'll do my best to button up this release by the weekend.

almost done, found a few more misplaced/overlapping buildings and M1lkm8n finished up a few MORE buildings lol... so got to do loot positions for those.

Darce's flare fix works great, and I've got the zombies pretty/kinda ok sorted... they all have custom loot per type and the helmeted ones are a REAL PITA to kill with a sidearm... although with a rifle the go dropsies. Will test it with a melee weapon and make sure they're not TOO too bad, but I want them to be A-holes...

I will lower the garbage percentages as well before release...
New shattering glass, and new garage:

Nonov a question the garage it will can be opened by any one ? or just the "owner" of that garage ? or is just lootables garages ? :)

Back