Dayz Sahrani - Mod Development - Work In Progress

We don't believe in locks. Our thinking is any locks we'd offer would have countermeasures offered as well, so we've not bothered.

The garages are just replacements for the existing un-enterable ones.

I've gotten a couple errors sorted out, getting close.

ugh, so it's closer, but still not done...

1. Want to change the action menu highlight text color from black to grey so it's easier to see which choice is highlighted.. maybe even do white with black text... that way it's REALLY clear/high contrast compared to the unselected stuff...

2. Broke object pickup drop and move to toolbelt somehow... no clue, but will fix it

3. Couple last RPT errors to track down.

I found a couple weird tangled messes over the last week that have totally derailed expected progress... spent a whole night chasing errors that had never been thrown before because the items were all double defined and it was taking the working ones....

Should be done for sunday night I hope, otherwise it's going to be a couple weeks at least... I've got to focus on real life not Sahrani.

Take your time, real life comes first! The current build is stable and proving popular with our regulars so no rush. The progress is looking fantastic! :)

Been REALLY drained on this stuff. and frankly I just suck at it.

I got some things done but it was really more of stumbling across previous errors and fixing them... Ugh.

I've made the Github public, I'm (as I've always been) totally open to adding folks who want to contribute. but for now you can peep, clone, pull request to your hearts content. you can also browse the issues which have tons of great ideas that folks are free to steal or do..

https://github.com/CiFor/DayZ_Sahrani

Big Thanks to Graf for sending over the files for the website he put together, and to Seven (YAY!!!!) who I caught up with real quick tonight, and as usual solved all my dumb guy woe's in a second... I hate me.

Here's the website Graf designed, Seven is hosting, and I edited quickly, there will be some changes likely:
http://ehdgaming.co.uk/dayzsahrani.com/

"DayZSahrani.com" Should just work in a day or two with the redirect....

I'm hoping to get the list of to do's sorted and prioritized and might get some help from Seven on resolving them quickly. HOPEFULLY a surprise or two on top...

Darce is also working away on some other longer term projects.

M1lkm8n as always is chocked full of surprises.... so the longer I take the more and nicer buildings the next build has...

Got ZombieDanceLeader's John Doe Tractor in game, it looks GREAT!

http://imgur.com/upJ4Kk8

M1lkm8n got almost all of the buildings we've (he) fixed or opened... he's really been cranking out the work making sure any building ever started gets a full and proper treatment... next step is documenting the process while walking a few of the guys through it as well. Then we should have a good Tutorial for all to use for the future.

Meantime here's M1lkm8n shooting out all the glass he's worked so hard to put in lol:

Pretty decent night, got all the UI buttoned up VERY nicely, and even got the weapon cursors all redone as well... UI is fully converted:

Action Menu is now readable no matter what the background color or your health level, it's also VERY clear which item is selected as the scroll bar is now grey.

WIMi3Fwl.png

All Weapon Cursors are white and more A3 style:

Rifle
iaHYN8ll.png

GL
jgmZzyOl.png

Pistol:
Qx15EKEl.png

Throw Circle:

bDBeFO7l.png

and also the gear action menu has been given the grey selection bar:

ANflSNwl.png

The Workbench is also ingame and working.

Last few bugs that need ironing out:

- pickup object, move to toolbelt, remove from toolbelt, and drop are all boned up
- Drink from well is not working
- burn storage is not working

I think it has something to do with self actions or eventhandlers? I don't know...

I'll get it ironed out... M1lkm8n is almost done with all the buildings, and will update the map again for another Arma release... I hope to get the DayZ build out around the same time.

There is a lot in this build, Graf gave us quite a few cool things before he left to work on Caribou, I managed to work out a few nice things as well.

This should hopefully be a VERY well polished build. The Map alone is worth it's weight in gold, I'm trying to do it justice by fine tuning all the great work done by all throughout this process...

It's been a hell of a journey, but one that I wouldn't change (much) or trade for the world.... I will try to put a new test build out for the G+ group if there is interest, but I don't want to spend the time doing it if there isn't any.

It was a missing semi colon in the event handlers, thank god for small favors, seems like all the self actions are back in working order...

Talked to seven and some of my "to do's" were frustrating me for a reason. It's apparently not possible to change the Debug monitor coloration which was something I've been looking for, for an embarrassingly long period of time.

When do you expect to release it ?

Good luck with your frustrating things ! You're making a great job ;)

hmmm, well the only thing stopping a release right now is me not being able to figure out what I broke with melee pickup/add to toolbelt/drop...

I'd imagine it's something small and stupid I messed up, but I can't find it and it's just crazy frustrating having no clue and going to dig for a needle in a haystack...

I'm getting better-ish? I mean I stumble across a decent amount of pre-existing cockups and fix them now, so it's not hopeless... but I'm also not likely going to spend much time on it at all this week...

M1lkm8n has some more stuff in the works, although at this point the map we're on is 100x better than what's being played by everyone else... and I'm beginning to realise that I've ended up doing a lot more than I thought to make the whole package a lot cleaner...

1 REALLY big thing I've not really been talking too much about is, I've been configuring all the assets and the prev. existing assets to work in the singleplayer editor, so that mission editors and cinematic makers will have a package they can use to create as in depth as they want missions with minimal pain... right now it really sucks... this should make it MUCH easier... I will try to include a bit of a how to as well....

~10? new/fixed buildings

Armored Skins - Helmet/Vest = 30pct reduction in body/head damage Vest only = 30pct reduction for body

Soldier and Heavy Zeds - reconfigured to be tougher as above, although may make them REALLY hard

RACS/SMD Zeds - classed under above to have the same properties

ALL Hints are now below the Gear menu so you don't miss them behind it any more, or have to rush to close it.

All the crafting book items are working including the (workbench) and all storage is ignitable with a new red text for that so it's more obvious

All action items now have background black and grey scroll bar so you can see what you're selecting ALL the time

All the inventory action menus also have black background and grey scroll bar so you can see what you're selecting

I'm 99pct sure ALL the Vilas config errors are finally worked out.

ALL skins are properly named and referenced so no more odd behavior

All Zombies are now properly organized and will soon be VERY specifically called at building types and have their own spawn locations (no more spawning on lootpiles which can cause crappy behavior)

All animated Heli wreck types are working with the correct loottables being called and zombie types

All Building loot (pretty much) positions are redone

All Vehicles spawn with No ammo and allow for reloading by players No more Fully loaded heli's for clans on restart

Default loadout will include a map

Ability for Servers hosts to customize loadout will be returned

Carbomb is now inventory craftable (Satchel + Scrap Elec + floppy Wires)

New SUV skins

I might throw in some of the Billboards that were done too, figured that out finally... Same goes for the John Deer Tractor but I have to do a model config for that so might not make it in...

Really the only big concerns for me that are stopping me from releasing are the melee/tent/weaponholder pickup/drop problems... I just have to figure out what I screwed up.

Any/All server hosts please ensure you do not have "official" in your server name for your DayZ Sahrani server... there is no such thing.

Why did you have to remove your website ? If you need support, please tell me ;)

Ok for the naming convention.

I didn't put any clarification that it's a derivative mod, and no copyright notice about DayZ being a trademark of BI... It was bad practice on my part, but I don't exactly see this as a job considering the pay lol...

I guess my comfort in our obscurity is actually a risk of being discovered and thought to be official? I don't know...

Back