Dayz Sahrani - Mod Development - Work In Progress

Got the new build from M1lkm8n.

Buttoned up the Sahrani Units, and the randomizing so that's all good to go.

Worked a bit more on giving backpack proxys to ALL the A2 civilians that were missing them, only config'd the "citizens" for tonight, but will do the rest later these are just the base models below there are multiple variants for almost all of them....

I WILL release this pack as a separate addon at some point, but likely under the @CUP project (Community Upgrade Project it's like CBA but it's about taking the A2 Source releases and improving them) :

"smd_Ch2_Citizen",
"smd_Ch2_Doctor",
"smd_Ch2_Functionary",
"smd_Ch2_Pilot",
"smd_Ch2_Policeman",
"smd_Ch2_Priest",
"smd_Ch2_Profiteer",
"smd_Ch2_Rocker",
"smd_Ch2_Villiger",
"smd_Ch2_Woodlander",
"smd_Ch2_Worker",

Don't get Too excited about the women, I've got some issues to iron out still, but those will likely be my next big task, I want to give women as many options for civilian and military clothes as the men have but it will take quite a lot of work even if I do it the "lazy" way.

4 Chernarus Citizen variants, Annie, and our new/improved hooker below:
6Zo9D.jpg

I'm might maybe throw the hooker zombies in, I just have to confirm they won't flood the logs with errors.

All the civilians are done, the BI Villager is giving me shit, so those 4 will be commented out... it just crashes arma, so I'd have to get the minidump opened by Dwarden or someone from BI, I will play with it more later when I try to get the women shooting/working.

Here's all the civs:

70v9i.jpg

Here's another test a threw together real quick tonight....

Going to make the garbage piles loot-able. Left the shadow volumes in by accident, but you can see there are 6 variants of the original garbage pile with pallets and jerry cans. (I will make the blue version of the fuel can you see in the pile as a loot/gear item as well)

So:
top left to right, (Full Pile (2 Fuel Jugs and 1 Pallet), Both Fuel Jugs gone, Totally Looted)
bottom left to right (1 Fuel Jug gone, Pallet and 1 fuel Jug gone, Pallet only gone)

70DNy.jpg

I'll have to edit the models more and script it all, and then do it for the other junk piles, then those will be placed all over the map.

Ugh, Went through cleaned up all the models.... The texture for the garbage pile has the shadows in it... ugh. It looks better but still weird, will have to retexture the garbage. Thinking about making an entirely new base model that does all this with proxies and hidden selections instead of different models... would be much better system... and at this point basically the same amount of work.

I have to learn how to do hidden selections anyway, I want to use them on the sahrani units so I only have a few models and all the rest are configured changes, SHOULD allow for actual clothing item changes.... IE put on a camo boonie hat with the rasta civilian clothes etc...

I want to try to play with adding proxies to them too, but the time spent on A2 character modding is all sort of pointless since A3/SA both use entirely new models to avoid this from the start. It is odd to me that I see it as totally do-able in A2 though and they don't/didn't?

Anyway, here are the improved garbage piles:

714Oh.jpg

lol, I love Pliskin! He saw this and emailed me a worked over texture for the heaps...

71d3I.jpg

I made a little video, you can sort of see the re-colored Jerry Can in the background, but it doesn't look right at all yet, I'll have to have someone else do the texture or play with it more myself.

The idea of adding the money to the trash loot was that it would've been funny/awesome to be able to use it to burn for fires:

71sR8.jpg

Looted axe from stump, and wood from wood stacks:
74jfe.jpg

Milkm8n has some more points he wants to touch on. It should give me some time to really tighten up the build, and maybe even edit the SQL tables so that they have all our custom vehicles in them.

Looted axe from stump, and wood from wood stacks:
74jfe.jpg

Milkm8n has some more points he wants to touch on. It should give me some time to really tighten up the build, and maybe even edit the SQL tables so that they have all our custom vehicles in them.

considering the basebuilding it would be nice if you could craft an empty woodstack shed and fill it up with chopped wood :p

Yeah the idea is to have 2 versions, crafted ones at peoples camps so they can collect/accumulate wood for construction, and the existing in world one's will be lootable. I want to do a new book for camp tools, it will be the workbench, the woodpile, a pallet to hold bricks or concrete blocks, sandbags, etc etc... Once you build all of them it will make a "crafting engine". Then when you load the right qtty of items into the various parts of the crafting "engine" and have the right books/knowledge you can build larger items like hopefully brick/concrete/wood walls etc etc... for the modular crafting system. Honestly though this is a pipe dream at best at this point.

For now the wood racks will be kind of cheesy looking as it will basically just swap the lower model once it's been emptied/looted... but I might make a custom lootpile type so that they just always spawn wood on top... that would likely make it so it would be a PITA to lootcycle the reduced piles... you'd have to run away and back to get it to respawn I think.

I'd like to do something similar with the campfire model, modify the build fire script to take which ever fuel magazine you're choosing to build the fire with and attaches it to the fire so it looks like that's what is burning... I'd really like to give each one a burn time too, but again these and the random character thing are my very first attempts at coding anything. Everything else I've done to date is basically copy/paste... so we'll see lol.

I want to get a few other things buttoned up, then I'll work on that. But for right now I want to get all the custom vehicles defined inside the mod so they can be put in the SQL tables and then I will likely add a lot more spawn points for planes and high yield vehicles.

I'd really like to work on the power first though, it would make for a lot more dynamic mod, if you had to repair the power stations to get into the powered buildings, I could put high value vehicles and loot in those buildings and the only way in would be to restore the power... obviously streetlights and lighthouses would be another benefit for night play too.

Been really busy with other things. M1lkm8n has buttoned up a build, I have to check it out, then we should be good for another batch of releases.

I have talked to Vilas, and he is ok with us releasing the units pack as a standalone, but he wants us to note that he does not want his units used in DayZ mods, but that still leaves all the ghillies, the ATACS, and all the Civilians both Sahrani and Chernarus.

I keep losing my config that makes all the misc objects selectable in the editor, I'll try to get that over to him before we do the next release.

what is that config you are talking about?
something like 6th_sense 3d editor expansion addon?

or is it something that allows you to select objects wich are not selectable by default to drag/rotate them ...?

I have the final terrain build, I just need to do a bit more checking/testing then I can pack it all up and release it.

Unfortunately there has been a pretty large gap in time since I last looked at the DayZ build, so it might take a bit more time to get that all sorted/released but I think it's in a decent state... just been very busy with other stuff.

Last edited:
Back