Dayz Sahrani - Mod Development - Work In Progress

Took a quick look today, everything seems pretty good to go. I might have a chance to pack up the terrain and the units, and release those on AH, and maybe the Mod update too, just not sure how much time I'll have to focus on this weekend.

I've decreased the trash even more, and upped the clothing spawns a bit so that seems to be a really nifty mechanic so far. Spawn with 6/6 primary/secondary slots, find pants get 7/7, find ghillie/mil clothing end up with the full normal loadout.

Toolbelt stays unchanged for all players.

I'm hoping to go through the SQL table too and add in all our custom vehicles so they just auto spawn instead of people having to redo the original tables.

UL'ing the terrain all packed and signed for M1lkm8n to check out, I've been pretty distracted lately so I want to make sure I haven't boned anything up.

Once he's gone over the package and gives the go ahead, I'll release that, then the two individual releases smd_assets.pbo, and smd_units.pbo.

Then I'll double check the Day7 Sahrani build, pack sign, release that.

I'm not sure that I will be able to get it done during the week or not, I'll give it a shot, but can't promise.

Wow, packing this build has been nothing but a PITA... I left a bunch of the stuff I did half done/WIP. Now finishing it off for the build is becoming a headache.

I am almost done, just have to clean up some stupid errors I made editing the configs. That should sort it all out, hopefully I will have time today or tomorrow and it should be good for release for the weekend (keep in mind this is just for the smd_sahrani_a2 build and the new smd_asset and smd_units pbo's) I will then have to go back to the Day7 Sahrani build and make sure the config changes I've done wont' cause any conflicts in the mod build...

I don't see any way around this being the last release. I might come back to it at some point, but it's not too likely. I have to start getting more into A3 stuff since M1lkm8n is likely going to pursue his own terrain in A3. So I will attempt to learn terrain builder in order to get Sahrani into A3 properly, then will want to focus on continuing to open the buildings... and that's all contingent on me having ANY time for modding... which is looking less and less likely.

Before I make any moves into A3 I also want to document a bunch of the things that I learned about A2 that are not so easy to figure out with the existing tutorials and info.

Got everything sorted for the Arma releases. Checked out the current DayZ build and noticed one or two oddities, so I'll have to look at that a bit.

But I'll be releasing all the arma pbo's tomorrow:

1. smd_sahrani_a2 - All inclusive, assets, buildings, objects, and units
2. smd_assets - all the BI modded vehicles and our DayZ models (not config'd in there) and the misc objects I've been posting here)
3. smd_buildings - the smd_sahrani_artif_obj.pbo in it's own package so people can use the buildings and Sahrani Misc Objects on other maps
4. smd_units - All the modified BI, Icewindo, and Vilas models, ALL models edited to proxy backpacks.

**PLEASE DO NOT USE THE VILAS UNITS IN DAYZ**

The Bi modified units are totally open/up for use by anyone, and I can even provide you with the source upon request if you want to repack them under your own PBO.

Here is a quick vid I did of the units that are working in A3 via AiA:

I looked a bit at the mod with the signed/released terrain files, and everything seems to be ok, but I did get one really weird error. I'm going to try to have a look at it tomorrow. All going well I find it quick and can sign/pack/upload and release.

If not it likely won't be till the end of the week.

One of the vilas units that I use as a zombie is not getting cleaned up again. I have no clue why. I won't have time to mess with it for the next few days at least.

i'd think its not part of the classname you use to check for zombies?...
shurely config related

You are totally right, not sure how but the SMD Zombies got switched back to not being based on zZombie_base so they weren't getting cleaned up.

That's sorted. One or two other little things then it should be good to go. Hopefully for before the weekend.

Yeah lol, not sure how it reverted, but it did. It's annoying as hell.

I slopped something else up fixing it last night, so I've got to fix that, then one more thing that I noticed.

Hopefully should still make it for the weekend.

Pliskin went and sent me a shitload of stuff... mostly A3 (units and a vehicle or two) but he also inlcuded the non-mirrored UN C130. It looks fucking fantastic!

Fuel tanks are now white as well.

All of the glitches seem to be fixed, I've put the lobby back in, and will test with BE enabled tonight/tomorrow. I am also going to update all the vehicle tables to include the SMD vehicles.

1.1.0 Server Files - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz-fdGGxhJTveU5ZTHAwLW1TbzQ/edit?usp=sharing

1.1.0 Client is - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz-fdGGxhJTvZC0tTnFGTHdIdTA/edit?usp=sharing

Dotjosh will have to push the update, so that can take some time sometimes, so I'll post an update tomorrow.

I also got a wonderful present from Vilas, female police unit, in order to make female variants of all of our skins. It will be a longer term project though. So don't hold your breath. No 2 weeks estimate on that one lol.

I will update all the links in the morning.

Last edited:
Commander and PWS are all updated with the latest version.

Here is a quick video of spawning as a Sahrani Civilian, finding clothes/backpack and the subsequent increase in damage protection and inventory space.

Whoopsie!

Someone on youtube pointed out they haven't been able to find a camp crafting book, I looked, and I boned it up.

They only spawn at "hunting" sites, which I made only A2 deerstands... which I removed from the configtowngen since they were placed weird.

I'm going to add the books to some more buildings, and maybe throw in some A2 deerstands in the woods.

I'd like to start editing the map in Visitor since M1lkm8n is on to his new project for A3, that way I can do map level changes, and hopefully move Sahrani into A3 as well.

If there are any aspiring terrain artists out there let me know! I don't know that I have the time or focus required.

Back