Dayz Sahrani - Mod Development - Work In Progress

So, no.

The hard set rules in Arma are that all content is not to be altered, repackaged, or redistributed. IF the author includes a license which allows such, then it's fine, IF you get express written permission from the author it's OK, otherwise... you are not supposed to touch anything.

Addons on Armaholic are for non-monetized servers and players only. It's a file distribution network that has the permission of the author to host them for players and most times server hosts.... however even there, some addons are ONLY for use by players.... Arma takes Author's rights very seriously despite how they're treated by most DayZ mods.

Unfortunately for authors (on both sides of the argument) there is not proficient use of inclusion of licenses, and MANY authors leave the scene or remain uncontactable. Some, don't care if their work gets used... others have since sold that source work, and might lose revenue or get sued for someone re-releasing it w/o their license, or under a different license.

It's ALWAYS best to contact and get permission from the author directly so there is no misunderstanding. Doing anything but that will make you VERY unpopular in the Arma community, and will most likely ensure refusals of requests to any other authors.

Did some more buildings placement fixes for A2 since I had it open, and released another update. There are 8 or 10 buildings that were previously un-enterable replaced with enterable ones. I think there are still no loot positions for the 2 story box stucco building I did (dum_istan_maly_open).

Day7_Sahrani - 1.6.5

Just noticed, the latest update on the DayZ Launcher for Sahrani is 1.5.0 maybe it would help to get in touch with them and let it update to 1.6.5

Well so i just set up a server for Sahrani and apperantly I am spawning in with standard survivor clothing. I joined one of the Dev servers, the same result. Is there some Option i have to enable first before spawning in only with the smd skins?

*edit* Fixed it myself.
First PBo Manager 1.4 is fucking up with unpacking and repacking..... fkn annoying.
second, apperantly in server_playerLogin.sqf you have got the line
Code:
                 _model = _possibleFreshSpawnArray select floor random count _possibleFreshSpawnArray select;
That is not working (atleast not for me).
Once i change every line like that to
Code:
                _model = _possibleFreshSpawnArray select floor random 7;
I spawn is as a custom Sahrani Villager, so you guys might want to change that (I do realise why you did the other thing in the first place but i guess if you would use an other array it would work just fine aswell.
IF you want i can try to recode it so it will work and that you dont have any fixed values (like the 7 atm). Just give me a shout out whether you want me to do it.

*edit2* Apperantly that was just a temporary fix and worked once. To fix it permanently you have to edit the player_monitor.fsm. The Gender Selection is the key. I am to tired to explain it fully, i anyone is interested just give me a yell.

Last edited:
Where do I find the Classnames for some of the new Vehicles? I found a lot in the cfgVehicles.hpp but not everything. For example the Humwve is only listed with its default values.

On the spawn thing, you shouldn't need to change anything. The default character if you're an unknown entity is the normal male dayz character, I forgot to change that somewhere. After your first death you should spawn in as a sahrani civilian if you select male. Female's I didn't finish doing. I still might, I was a couple hours away from figuring out the last glitch left in making all the female models playable.

I'm not going to have time to update anything on this end for a while. Not until I get the first CUP_Terrains release done and out.

The hmmwv's are config'd in the smd_assets.pbo

"AH6J_EP1_SMD_MAGPI",
"AH6X_SMD_ATACS",
"AH6X_SMD_MAGPI",
"AH6X_SMD_RACS",
"AH6X_SMD_RACS_DIGI",
"AH6J_EP1_SMD_RACS_DIGI",
"C130_SMD_ATACS",
"C130_SMD_BLOPS",
"C130_SMD_BLOPS_DIGI",
"C130_SMD_UN",
"HMMWV_SMD_ATACS",
"HMMWV_M2_SMD_ATACS",
"HMMWV_TOW_SMD_ATACS",
"HMMWV_MK19_SMD_ATACS",
"HMMWV_SMD_BLOPS",
"HMMWV_M2_SMD_BLOPS",
"HMMWV_TOW_SMD_BLOPS",
"HMMWV_MK19_SMD_BLOPS",
"HMMWV_SMD_BLOPS_DIGI",
"HMMWV_M2_SMD_BLOPS_DIGI",
"HMMWV_TOW_SMD_BLOPS_DIGI",
"HMMWV_MK19_SMD_BLOPS_DIGI",
"HMMWV_SMD_RACS",
"HMMWV_M2_SMD_RACS",
"HMMWV_TOW_SMD_RACS",
"HMMWV_MK19_SMD_RACS",
"HMMWV_SMD_RACS_DIGI",
"HMMWV_M2_SMD_RACS_DIGI",
"HMMWV_TOW_SMD_RACS_DIGI",
"HMMWV_MK19_SMD_RACS_DIGI",
"Ikarus_SMD_COKE",
"Ikarus_SMD_OPENDAYZ",
"LandRover_SMD_RACS",
"LandRover_SMD_RACS_DIGI",
"UH1H_SMD_ATACS",
"UH1H_SMD_BLOPS",
"UH1H_SMD_BLOPS_DIGI",
"UH1H_SMD_RACS",
"UH1H_SMD_RACS_DIGI",
"UH1H_SMD_UN",
"SUV_SMD_ATACS",
"SUV_SMD_BLOPS",
"SUV_SMD_BLOPS_DIGI",
"SUV_SMD_RACS",
"SUV_SMD_RACS_DIGI",
"AH6J_EP1_SMD_MAGPI",
"AH6X_SMD_ATACS",
"AH6X_SMD_MAGPI",
"AH6X_SMD_RACS",
"AH6X_SMD_RACS_DIGI",
"MH6J_SMD_MAGPI",
"Mi17_SMD_BLOPS",

The Tow and MK19 HMMWV's are banned though.

I fixed it, kinda simple. It is just a line in the player_monitor.fsm. Once i catched some sleep I will put the fix up here.
Thank you very much for the classnames, I finally will finish removing all the standard versions from my server :D.

Would you mind telling me which database structure Sahrani is using? I dont think it is Bliss is it? Is it Reality? Or something completly different?

mfg J3T

The DB we provide is the database package Pwnozor put together based on the https://github.com/rajkosto/hive

It works with w'ever though. The Vert DB is bliss afaik.

I might edit the supplied vehicle DB so that it automatically calls the SMD_ vehicles instead of the vanilla DayZ ones.

I never put together a very clean server package, I just kept copy/pasting the original one that Seven put together.

it hasn't changed, there shouldn't be any client files in the server package, if there are, just overwrite them with the newer client files.

You prob want to change the SQL tables to include the SMD vehicles before you set it up though, I always meant to go back and do that, but never did. I think there might be a thread here somewhere with someone who posted theirs? I can't remember though.

Where can I find server files newer than 1.1.0? I got an infistar error with them. Also, some scripts don't work on them. Sorry for my "perfect" English.

There are no newer server files, infistar menu will be blocked by the client files.

I might go through and redo the server package to include modified but signed client files that still have all the menu systems and don't have the hotkeys blocked... I think you can do this in your mission file though? I'm not too sure.

I think there were some custom admin tools posted somewhere in here at some point.

Some scripts like DZAI Air patrols don't work at all. Also, do you now any mission script which would work on these files? I tried to install modified DZMS, but it doesn't work. Global chat also turned off automatically and I don't know how to fix it. In the server files it's turned on. There are lots of problems in these files. Thank you.

I doubt the problems are with the files, many server hosts have setup DZAI, and the mod has it's own random helicopter crash system as well. The missions stuff has to work as multiple Epoch and Overpoch hosts have run the mod in tandem.

Global chat is enabled/disabled in the description.ext...

https://github.com/CiFor/DayZ_Sahra...sahrani/dayz_1.smd_sahrani_a2/description.ext

Ours by default is:

disableChannels[]={0,2,6}; // -1 to add side

change that to:

disableChannels[]={2,6};

as "0" is global.

More info here:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext

I have this option in my description.ext, but it doesn't work anyways. Any ideas about it? Also, I'll try WAI system. I don't want to set Epoch and Overwatch. I just want to set usual DayZ Sahrani.

I am trying to merge vanilla Dayz into Sahrani. I will keep you guys posted. I mean i try to run a vanilla dayz server with the map and all the features from sahrani. Not actually altering any files.

the dev server won't restart at all? i checked back after 2 weeks and the server even still got the same loot and some zombies won't even disappear??

Back