Dayz Sahrani - Mod Development - Work In Progress

I want to thank everyone at OpenDayZ for their support for this map port. I have recently finished the texture that ZombieDanceLeader started on the bus. Once again, thanks to all of the moderators and the community on OpenDayZ.

arma2oa_2013-05-27_22-40-17-62.jpg

Seven is already cranking out the code for new mechanics and updates for the next update! Yoshi is working on tons of art, Sherman is working on some models, M1lkm8n is churning out the map porting, and I'm... telling you about it?!

We are looking to pack the next update with surprises and features. Nothing HUGE but lots of nuance that should make our vision for a tougher, but more robust, and more realistic mod clearer to players, this is not your average DayZ. We are crossing LOTS of t's and dotting an i or two as well!

Re-inquiring about some permissions, in hopes our teams dedication to respecting authors rights might result in a bit more openness from some previously reluctant or silent addon makers. Moving forward on the map port, code, and some added content as well!

Having all kinds of issues with mod. HFB performed a rebuild of server, Installed Sahrani mod and all updates. Still no vehicles spawning! Player leave game with gear they are strip when they come back not even a backpack. Is anybody else having issues with it!

Finally got it working. Turns out when HFB installed the data base they keep all the cherno info. The vehicles would not load due to the data base. 2 weeks of them screwing it up! Thanks great mod!

Busy Busy Bees..

Desert Ghillie:
0bkx4tMl.jpg

For reference here's the standard Ghillie:
b5pJVOpl.jpg

If you're a bad guy:
SIbJA98l.jpg

And again for reference the bandit standard ghillie:
HPbuTgXl.jpg

I may start making custom textures for A2 guns, that look as if they are spray painted woodland and desert. If people are interested I will continue with the work I have done.

Example of painted gun:
arma2oa_2013-07-01_23-29-24-44.jpg

TONS and TONS of new stuff done in the past few days. I am officially contributing code, only minor cleanup and copy/paste type stuff for now.

Here are some shots of the just SOME of the progress:
Bricks:
OBRbRxkl.jpg

Electrical Wire (Scrap (floppy disk cable))
soLN123l.jpg

Duct Tape
OWGg2ZCl.jpg

Propane
N7Ud5wnl.jpg

New Loading/Lobby Screen
3cvNJbvl.jpg

Full Size of Above

This is literally a drop in the bucket.... We've got all the Army Huts cleared up for running through, the White guard towers with the stairs you couldn't get up are fixed and you can now get up there, just have to add some loot positions, We have likely 4-5 buildings that will make the next build, the UI is revamped, the gear menu will likely be finished by then. All menu's have been made "stream friendly" and we will include a key for the Text Chat Removal PBO...

The build is also a new code base of 1.7.6, we might not ever go past that, just integrate features we like from future Official Mod builds... This build will already integrate many of the good features from 1.7.7 without adapting some of the less desirable problems that come with them.

Crafting system should be getting modularized, and we've got quite a few new guys on the team...

But it is late and I will have to update the rest later this weekend!

Test build is working great and we should really start getting the code pouring out now!!!

Our hope is for a new build that is DRASTICALLY improved in about 2 weeks.

If there is interest we might start doing daily build releases for a test server or two on our Google+ Dev group. Certainly by next week.

So I think you should be able to combine slugs for 1014 or 1866, I know the 1866 actually shoots .50 ish rifle ammo in real life but it says slugs in game, so BOOM make it so...

And also 20rnd Quivers seem like a no-brainer, working on speeding up the reload animation:

Z8MGVvAl.jpg

Back