Dayz Sahrani - Mod Development - Work In Progress

How about combine water bottle and painkillers for a "drugged water bottle" leave it in your backpack for thieves, or in a loot pile for some poor unsuspecting player...

Or you could just throw a brick at their head...

Oh boy the things we're going to be banging out.

Water has been blue'd up to match the new Sahrani A2 colors in our Caa1 build NOW!

99 percent of the UI and menu system have been black/grey/white'd out it looks AMAZING...

ALL menu's are "stream friendly" not showing the player name anywhere,

Text chat blocking PBO and server key will be included with client/server packages

LOTS of new junk loot (all the 1.7.7 stuff joeyslucky22 did and some of our own as pictured above. AND MORE)

DRASTICALLY increased drop rates for crafting components like sandbags, nails, and wire fencing kits (may be changed if proves to be a pain).

Hatchet Takes down the tree it's chopping

Wood is the "build fireplace" item instead of the matchbook.

Light fire is now possible if you have a matchbook or flare ONLY (standard DayZ only the building of fireplace was limited to matches)

Craftable bandages duct tape + TP = Bandage (uses combing magazine menu in your gear menu)

Geez I can barely wrap my head around how many changes we have in the pipe... I think our biggest problem at this point is going to be documenting it all!

Anyone want in on some testing testing? might have a public test up in the next couple days.

Added a workbench to allow for deeper crafting of more advanced stuff in the future:

8F5Vgqr.jpg

We will use this to allow the building of the bigger crafting items, there is also inventory crafting that require no books as yet...

Got the Desert Ghillie's in and have started on unbanning a bunch of guns, but that is our last priority but I unbanned the following, and unless there isn't enough time to define them all properly they will be in many are already 100pct good to go:

Code:
SmokeShellPurple
SmokeShellBlue
SmokeShellOrange
AKS_GOLD
AK_107_GL_pso
AKS_74_UN_kobra
m107
BAF_L85A2_UGL_Holo
BAF_L85A2_RIS_SUSAT
BAF_L85A2_UGL_SUSAT
BAF_L85A2_RIS_ACOG
BAF_L85A2_UGL_ACOG
BAF_L85A2_RIS_CWS
BAF_L86A2_ACOG
BAF_L110A1
BAF_L110A1_Aim
BAF_L7A2_GPMG
UZI_SD_EP1
revolver_gold_EP1
AKS_74_NSPU
G36_C_SD_eotech
MG36
MG36_camo
M32_EP1
M79_EP1
Mk13_EP1
SCAR_L_CQC_EGLM_Holo
SCAR_L_STD_HOLO
SCAR_L_CQC_CCO_SD
SCAR_H_CQC_CCO
SCAR_H_CQC_CCO_SD
SCAR_H_STD_EGLM_Spect
SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper_SD

The launchers are iffy and we don't want them to be a distraction to our other work. So if it can be done quick and easy then it will be, otherwise SOL for now.

We have reworked the loot tables pretty well for now, there will be a HUGE overhaul of that in the NEXT update after this one...

It's really great to see the game come together this well. I'd also like to mention we've got quite a few new people helping out and it's GREAT to have some more folks in the group!

Will update with everyone's info in the next couple days.

As always looks great, but are you sure about this gun?
Code:
BAF_L85A2_RIS_CWS
I know it's only stanag, but it got thermal vision on it. And as i know it's the "good" version of thermal, the one where everything is green, so you also have a quite good oriantation when looking through it.

glad to see that what used to be the beginning of my crafting system is evolving.

I'm sad that i dont have time anymore to help you with your mod :'(

@Pepin - Hey man GREAT to hear from you! Hope your studies are going well!

We have COMPLETELY rebuilt the crafting system from the ground up! It's totally revised and has 3 tiers now:
- Inventory Crafting - Things like Drugged Water (Water bottle + Painkillers) , Bandage (tape + TP) and "splint" (tape + wood = Fixed Leg)
- Book Crafting - Things that require some knowledge to make - WIP
- Workbench Crafting - Things that require LOTS of knowledge and LOTS of parts - WIP

It's going to be GREAT

@Player2 - It actually looks like shit IMO lol, but yes lots of people love them, SO I figured why not.

Wow, I've actually managed to accomplish some things all by my lonesome. Not very well or effectively lol, but I've got a couple good systems down we might end up using for work on the official mod! We will see...

I'm fine tuning the loot tables and types now for Sahrani, M4's and US Military loot is largely gone, it's VERY rare, except at UH1 crash sites. I have made 4 new loot tables for Mi8 and c130 crash types if we can get those in on time.

Scars are all in and working so far w/o issue, not sure what was causing the save issues before but I haven't had a problem once in testing. We'll keep an eye open for it.

The two new (Light one arma Desert retex by by Sherman!) are both in and look GREAT! I've banned the Thermal L85 I errouneously unbanned as well as all of the heavy MG's for now, I can't get the configs sorted and we want to get this build out ASAP.

So Seven is going to button up what's there and we're going to get it all locked down over this week.

A BUNCH of new members of the team I will take the time to list them all out at some point, For now one of the modelling guys we got helping us is BANGING out the stuff..

Another guy is setting up all the configs for the gunpack we're assembling. We MIGHT use a package in whole, but we're not entirely sure if it will be in this update or not.

The UI is so amazing we REALLY want to get that out, plus the re-worked crafting is amazing.

Current build is great just needs a little TLC from Seven and it should be ready for prime time.

We've also got new buildings (entirely new) and a bunch of great building 1 for 1 replacements, AS WELL AS some existing building fixes.

New:
1 Bay Garage is in 100pct Just needs loot positions will do tomorrow

5-6 other buildings are in various stages of completion, we have to take a day and get 2 of the guys up to speed with Seven. Then it SHOULD be like a freaking factory, because we have 4 maybe 5 modellers at this point.

Fixed:
Army guard towers with the steel stair cases, Those are also open up top so same deal, just need loot positions.
http://resources.bisimulations.com/...tructures_-_buildings&object=land_strazni_vez

A1 "Pubs", we had previously removed and replaced them with the A2 pubs, but those should be going back to the originals now:
http://resources.bisimulations.com/...uctures_-_buildings&object=land_hospoda_mesto

ALL Army Huts, they are REALLY amazing, only thing that sucks is the zombies can still attack through walls, and there is a small chance of getting zombies clipped through the floor, although it's MUCH MUCH more rare.

ALL the docks - I haven't tested them yet but from what I understand they're all better now.

A bunch of the sidewalks and raised retaining walls have been pathed properly so that zombies can now walk and or run on them. It's still WIP but it's coming along better than I expected. I have tested a bunch of stuff... again it's WIP, but the zombies are getting onto, walking and in some cases running on some surfaces that were safe zones before.

Replaced:
Those 2 story closed houses that are EVERYWHERE (Northern military base, Bagango, etc etc)
Old Bad Closed:
http://resources.bisimulations.com/content/index.html?category=Objects&group=(game)_structures_-_buildings&object=land_dum_olezlina
New Good Open:
http://resources.bisimulations.com/content/index.html?category=Objects&group=(game)_structures_-_buildings&object=land_dum_mesto2
It needs a touch of tuning and to make sure it's not a problem anywhere, (if it's not 1 for 1 we have to them 1 by 1 which will not be doable for this release.)

The map project is going AMAZING, we had a BIG setback when we were denied permission to A2 veg and buildings, that we had been told weren't going to be a problem. Initially we had said not to do any work on stuff till they gave us the ok in writing, but after getting the map files and permissions so long after they initially told us OK, we thought we'd be ok. I think there is some issues with them letting anyone have buildings or veg due to their VBS business. SOOO... we had to scrap a ton of work, and redo the A2 Sahrani build entirely...

M1lkM8n once again pulled through like a CHAMP, and it is already back to where we left off and in my opinion FAR better than when it had the color corrected A2 veg...

The map looks AMAZING. I have only had a little bit of time to check it out with the push for a next release on Sahrani, but I was just as shocked with how amazing the map looked as I was when I FIRST saw it...

M1lkM8n is really making this an awe inspiring project. Can't wait to have every little detail ironed out. But we are approaching an official A2 release, after that we immediately begin work on customizing the map specifically for DayZ and our story line...

The beauty of the pure A2 build will be a fantastic change, BUT when you see the things we have planned for the DayZ Version of the map, you will hopefully be amazed.

We are very pleased to have the ability to maintain the authenticity of the original AND bring a new chapter to life!

On a separate note, I'm VERY VERY VERY Excited to announce that we have gotten the required license for the ATV, BI will be sending us the model soon and we will hopefully fix the ATV flipping issue FOREVER.

On a separate note, I'm VERY VERY VERY Excited to announce that we have gotten the required license for the ATV, BI will be sending us the model soon and we will hopefully fix the ATV flipping issue FOREVER.
Best...thing...EVER!
In 10 seconds flat, 20% cooler.

But i got one question. Does the Craftingtable system works or do i just screwed up the whole code?

Crafting table is currently broken, not sure why. I"ll leave that to Seven. I'm not sure that he actually used your code exactly but again I'm not 100pct sure.

He had the workbench working I have not seen it working yet.

All the Vilas weapons he's made part of his public releases have been put into our mod! Will tune up their drop chances tomorrow...

Great work Plisken!

Added loot positions to the newly opened garages and fixed guard towers.

The guns from Vilas are AMAZING, really top quality lots of variety.

Going to button up another test build to hopefully get some more input on the loot tables and any bugs that may be found.

Other than that really just a few details that need to be buttoned up before it goes out the door.

OH and we got GREAT news again today. After several requests.. Dslyecxi of the renowned ShackTac replied that we are OK to use his addons as long as they are not modified and properly credited... we are likely to add these in an up coming update:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?109628-ShackTac-Movement-addons
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?132817-ShackTac-Littlebird-Enhancement-Mod-(beta)

Once again we are truly honored to even receive a reply much less approval from such a legend of Arma Modding!

Getting close guys, sorry for the slow going but it will pay off in the long run, we've got so much new shit in this version it's literally stupid.

We should have done a release a while back, but we've gotten some new blood on the team which you can see in the credits on the front page... so we're trying to get as much of their stuff into the build as possible.

REALLY coming together now though, animated UH and Mi wrecks are in and working well from what I understand (have not had time to test it today yet) the Vilas guns are AMAZING. We had some problems with the bans and loot tables, mostly due to me lol... good news is I think I can fix it now...

I also am 99pct sure I can manage to get all the guns I wanted to add in... will work on that tonight AFTER getting the loot tables finalized...

We have a wonderful new loot table system that will get even more robust on the next update when we can integrate the zones system better.

Right now UH and Mi have different loot drops, there is a no big gun option for both for server hosts who do not want to spawn heavy weapons...

If anyone has any input on how bare the "noAs50" wing of the heli wrecks should be nows the time to say something. Right now it only limits high cal snipers KSVK at Mi's and M107/As50 at UH's... IE you can still get a heavy MG or a SVD, VSS, at Mi's and DMR's and Lapua's at UH's...

Got final approval from BI on a BUNCH of issues I was still a bit confused on... so we are going to be able to add a LOT of content we've been sitting on for a while... but again right now we are on lockdown. Get what's in already working and tuned right... then release...

I cant wait for the release :) I've updated my animated crashsites for this release... they have now much more options for the server-admin, like
  • first crashsite right after server-start
  • maximum amount of crashsites per server-runtime (stop spawning of new crashsites if there are more then X crashsites on the field)
  • smoke on the crashsite isnt on/off, you can set a percentage chance of smoke
  • number of lootpiles on the crashsite can be bound to amount of current players on the server... if you are the only player on the server the crashsite may only spawn 1 item... if there are 60 players on the server the crashsite could spawn like 8 items. (can be dynamic or static like it was before)
  • the new radio functionallity is a gamechanger in my eyes ;)

Really great work Graf! It's really going to be one hell of an update, your crashes alone are great, and that's just one part of a really robust package of updates , additions, and changes!

I am also VERY excited.

I literally have a burning sense of guilt over how awesome the version of Sahrani we're playing is... and it keeps just getting better and better... We are doing our best to button up a build and get it out. Will likely include these AMAZING textures for the AH6 as done by Plisken:

3Jv4Kxm.jpg

ZgZfIyI.jpg

Back