Dayz Sahrani - Mod Development - Work In Progress

I'm super tired, I did not get it UL'd to DayZ Commander since I didn't get a chance to patch/test the uploads (computer crapped out 20 mins away from finishing the first time)..

I'll DL it all myself and patch the Vert Server and make sure it's all fine, then push to DayZ Commander and Play With Six.

Oh man Nonov why cant every mod dev be like you? You are the most community actice, friendliest and helpfulliest dev i've seen till bow

never played Sahrani, guess i should dl the client and give it a try when my new GC arrives .My old one died gracefully yesterday :-(

So, somehow I left in the init line for the devtesting tools... I backed it out, and then re-UL'd the server package.

Vert server is now updated, but for some freaking reason it's throwing some of the old Vilas errors.

Pushing to DayZ Commander now.

Ok, UL'd to Dayz Commander, waiting on word back from dotjosh.

Repacked/UL'd both packages here are the revised links. As stated in the release thread there isn't any conflict/major issue.
(Old packages are labled 1.0.0-20140126 Updated/correct package is as below 20140128)

1.0.0-20140128 Client
Google Drive - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz-fdGGxhJTvUWZXU3pGS2M3QlE/edit?usp=sharing

Mediafire - http://www.mediafire.com/download/g9f5jxx25f1afbe/DayZSahrani-Client-1.00.20140128.zip

1.0.0-20140128 Server
Google Drive - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz-fdGGxhJTvY1FkQjZtWjBjMmM/edit?usp=sharing

Mediafire - http://www.mediafire.com/download/zguzfo6gneayfc4/DayZSahrani-Server-1.00.20140128.zip

Put together a changelog, even made a new thread so it's not such a mess.

Updated the 1st post, PWS is updated, and I'm UL'ing to DayZ Commander AGAIN lol, so that should be set tonight.

Very nice Nonov !!! Great job, I hope I will be able to test it by the end of the week ;) Many thanks from all the French DayZ community for continuing spending time for us !

Quick video I put together with the AMAZING track Kunal did for us. I still want to figure out how to play that as a backtrack and keep the existing DayZ music... they mix together SOoooo well.

Video was sort of thrown together tonight just to have something:

Hello there, I have rented a server from somewhere and I have installed epoch sahrani on it, when I load the game it says "You can not play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. oac_core"

I have added "-mod=@DayZ_Sahrani" (without the inverted commas!) to my dayz commander launch parameters but it still does it.

I have put a ticket in but they take quite a while to reply so I though someone on here might have a clue.

any help would be great

Cheers

Robbie

Hello there, I have rented a server from somewhere and I have installed epoch sahrani on it, when I load the game it says "You can not play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. oac_core"

I have added "-mod=@DayZ_Sahrani" (without the inverted commas!) to my dayz commander launch parameters but it still does it.

I have put a ticket in but they take quite a while to reply so I though someone on here might have a clue.

any help would be great

Cheers

Robbie

So I might have another update in the pipe lol... I've wanted to do something like this for a while, but never got around to it... got some guidance from Vilas the other day and gave it a go... Worked pretty good, I still need some help with his models, but I got Icewindo's Sahrani Civilians to take backpacks...

6DXio.jpg

So next update I will likely remove all the normal "survivor" models (pmc units)...

The idea long term is to have everyone spawn as a civilian and you have to find cloths for storage, much like you do in Standalone, but I didn't want to do it w/o backpacks showing up on "our" player units.

If I can get the Vilas models sorted too, then it should be no problem. This will add to the already nifty gain of armor from Vilas unit skins. and head protection from the helmeted one's which is already in place.

Arma is so hilarious, was messing around and went to throw a grenade and place a satchel, and neither worked... You have to define that ability in the config! So stupid.

Still no luck with the Vilas units but he said he can go over it with me in a couple days.

2 Civilian packs made up, one is a straight port of Icewindo's unit's plus the backpack proxy, and the configs to allow them to put/throw (set mines, and throw grenades). The other pack is with Yoshi's custom Zombie textured clothes, so smdz_sara_civilians and smd_sara_civilians.

I'm going to try to get more fluent in O2 and get the production mill started back up. JST is also working on models again, he took some time to work with the community devs so he's more fluent in getting assets all the way into game now.

6EuLb.jpg

Yay!!!!!!

Omg, I'm so excited, I feel like I just won the special olympics.

6FFXb.jpg

That's just a test, but that's all the units, civilian and cop/military with backpacks... I will work on an update that makes it so you don't spawn as PMC anymore, only as a Sahrani Civilian, then you'll have to find cloths...

The inventory count stuff seems straight forward-ish as usual, so it's prob. easy but will take me 2 days to figure out.

Should also be able to work in finding/picking up masks.

M1lkm8n has a few things working too, so he's got an update for the terrain in the works, hopefully the two of us should finish up around the same time... Dare I say... 2 weeks? lol.

Back