dayZ Street Lights

please help me if you can
my lights not working on Taviana what did I do wrong ??
ok so I put this in my mission.pbo init.sqf
Code:
if (isServer) then {
axe_server_lampObjs = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "lights\fnc_returnLampWS.sqf";
"axeLampObjects" addPublicVariableEventHandler {_id = (_this select 1) spawn axe_server_lampObjs};
};

if (!isDedicated) then {
//StreetLights
[] execVM "lights\street_lights.sqf";
};

I then made a folder called lights
in the lights folder I have fnc_returnLampWS.sqf and street_lights.sqf

yes I placed the fnc_returnLampWS.sqf file and the street_lights.sqf that I pasted the script into both files are in the lights folder in my mission.pbo
and the init.pbo in my dayz_mission.pbo
// Extra actions for Taviana:
if (!isDedicated) then {
[] execVM "kh_actions.sqf";

};

if (isServer) then {
axe_server_lampObjs = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "lights\fnc_returnLampWS.sqf";
"axeLampObjects" addPublicVariableEventHandler {_id = (_this select 1) spawn axe_server_lampObjs};
};

if (!isDedicated) then {
//StreetLights
[] execVM "lights\street_lights.sqf";
};

//R3F Towing and shit (or whatever you want to title it)
execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf"

};

does this stuff go in the dayz_mission.pbo init.pbo or dayz_server.pbo init.pbo
both have init.pbo in em
sorry if its stupid question

You should not have init.pbo in any of those!
The mission.pbo has a init.sqf and the server.pbo has a init folder if that is what you mean?

Post your mission.pbo here

apparently I had a dayz_mission extracted in my server folder
I just deleted it thankz for bringing this to my attention
the street lights are now working (looks great ) thankz alot for your help

I got kicked for (Public Verification 0) in the log it says (#0 "axeLampObjects" = [4,0,<NULL-object>])

i'm sure i did the part where i put this
Code:
!"#lightpoint createVehicle _location;" !"#lightpoint createVehicleLocal _location;"

into

Code:
5 createVehicle

but its pretty messy in there. So could it be this part I may of done wrong? im just going over everything again just to check but thought i'd ask, I also have the house lights on the server too

I suppose you mean public variable, so you need to make an exception for that one too.
Put this in your first line inside publicvariable.txt:
!"axeLampObjects"

The line you postet goes in scripts.txt on the createvehicle line.

Hey Axeman, hope you can help me.

I have added some lights like as_Land_Lamp_Street1_EP1. The Lightsource gets created but the ambient light is missing. Any clue why ?

EDIT: i could get arround it by using the tower lights script using the as_Lamp... as source for it. After some tuning the Ambient looks ok.

Hello ppl! Does this light system work also for public hive servers? And if so, can anyone tell me what pbo programm are you guys using? I'm using PBO Manager and it's imposibble for me to create folders. How can i do this? Thx a lot axe for the good work

The lights will work fine on all servers. On epoch it is already built in and just needs enabling in init.sqf.

I also use pbo manager. If you add to the mission it should be ok. There is a pbo program that allows you to open the pbo and drag files into it, supposedly this doesn't break the signatures for server files. Not tested and not sure which one was used..

Ok. Found ini.sqf, that's easy :). Where should i create that "lights" folder? The PBO Manager doesn't let me create folders. I guess i'm not understanding it, coz i'm kinda new with this scripting shit. Pls help!

Thx man. The problem that i have is how can i add those things, the light folder and the 2 text files? I downloaded missions. pbo but with pbo manager i dont have this option to create files, or to drag.

Extract the pbo file into the same mission folder where the pbo is. After that move the pbo into a backup folder. So long as the folder structure is correct the server will still run ok. Think of the pbo as a zip file with the folder structure intact.
Pbo manager should allow you to right click on the new folder and create a new mission pbo once you've made your changes.

Thx for the help guys! First part is done. Now, trying to modify that scripts.txt file, i found another problem: I can't find the line that's starting with 5 createVehicle. The 22 line start's with:
1 "createVehicleLocal _" !"ion) then {\ndeleteVehicle _obj;\nsleep 0.01;\n_obj ....
What should i do? kaysio the pack that i downloaded from you has a lot of other things and my server is official, i can't install autorefuel/self bloodbag, etc, so i don't know how to use it exactlly.
I'm sorry that i don't understand this script language, i'm just new in the game, so please bear with me.

Back