Discussion Thread

You guys cant see the whole picture here.

I read a LOT of groups, and people, and I can tell you, the TRUE reason that they no want mods, is not "hacking" (lol) is because they dont like private hives. Yes they agreed that private hives keep dayz alive and all that jazz, but also private hives took over dayz, and they wanna control it. They wanna control what "private hive" is, and who will host it. There are people pushing rocket to made SA in a way that you cant mod it, no only from a technical perspective but a legal one (yes). They cry about how dayz is now pay2win, the bloodbags, loadouts, the weapons, the lots of vehicles admins spawn, donations to keep ther servers alive, etc and all what they consider survival heresy.
You guys need start push rocket and stop just kissing his ass, you will find soon enough you cant host dayz if you not own a valid hosting business. Ask him, if anyone, no metter who, will be able to host a private server of SA without any limitations. You will be :O Mark my words. Flame me if you want, but when it happens, you cant cry about it because you did NATHING to stop it.

I was right hahahaha

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1sttuh/dayz_sa_server_hosting_explained/
http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1stsr5/xpost_from_vg_someone_leaks_a_pdf_file_claiming/

go and kiss rocket feets now.

I know this since a long time, but people like no want to see what is front of ther own eyes.

We're likely a year away from the final DayZ Product being fully ironed out... IMO you can come back then and say I told you so if you're right.

But for now, it sux...

Server are laggy & overselled.

• Max of 7x50 player servers on a Xeon E3-1230 (3.2Ghz) Quadcore with 8GB RAM.
WTF is that, we don't host that much of Minecraft server on this kind of machine... And Minecraft IS light compared to DayZ!

All we can do for now is hope for the best...

We're likely a year away from the final DayZ Product being fully ironed out... IMO you can come back then and say I told you so if you're right.

I will!
because I 100% positive they never will give server files to the common folks to host on ther OWN servers. I 100% sure it will be always thru some $$host$$. Also I 100% sure it will be limited (for modding, admins actions, etc).

I mean, whatever, defend it till death, but the true is, we, the ones who hosted it, and made it popular, are left eating crap.

But for now, it sux...

Server are laggy & overselled.

• Max of 7x50 player servers on a Xeon E3-1230 (3.2Ghz) Quadcore with 8GB RAM.
WTF is that, we don't host that much of Minecraft server on this kind of machine... And Minecraft IS light compared to DayZ!

All we can do for now is hope for the best...

yes, thast how it is now.

Why will we need server files from them lol. The whole thing is practically an ArmA mod with a customised engine to go with it. With a special method you can download the server pbo. It's also no big deal that we don't have the exclusive server files. We can just make our own like we did initially lol.

Why will we need server files from them lol. The whole thing is practically an ArmA mod with a customised engine to go with it. With a special method you can download the server pbo. It's also no big deal that we don't have the exclusive server files. We can just make our own like we did initially lol.

yes, I agree with you 100%, but my point is not what we can do, is what they not want us to do. Thats is what I try to say, that they no want it and we had to do in "others" ways now... I hope it clarify what I trying to say.

XGCJNPT.jpg

hahahah it brings joy to my heart to see a private hive server already on the standalone

My biggest fear with the standalone has always been that the developers will seek to control it and it will lose the mod's 'open-ness' if you will. Everyone talks about how it's Rocket's vision and how we should just all bend over and take it the way he wants it but you're all forgetting that the community is REALLY what made this game a success. If not for the constant customization this game probably would have died off a while ago. Rocket started it, he created it and brought it to life and for that we should indeed all be thankful for. But if the standalone goes the way of most for-profit games and seeks to make it as hard as possible for people to change things and play the game the way they want to play it - it will eventually die off once the hype is gone.

THAT being said, locking it down during alpha/beta makes total sense. Who wants to try and fix bugs in a alpha with tons of user-made mods possibly causing the bugs? I just hope when it finally releases (apparently a year or two from now) he includes the mod functionality. I'll be staying with the arma 2 mod until that day.

@Minion187

Man, you said that very well and I agree 100%.

But if the standalone goes the way of most for-profit games and seeks to make it as hard as possible for people to change things and play the game the way they want to play it - it will eventually die off once the hype is gone.

And with that said, things like, self blood bag, auto refuel, house building/base building, etc., those type of features will eventually need to be implemented. Even creating DLC's that give server admins the ability to add in traders similiar to Epoch or implement some kind of story line, mission/quest system. Even the best MMOs are not strictly PvP. IMHO, DayZ will need to continue to be built upon, otherwise it will be dead 6 months after final release.

One of the problems with your setup is the people that work during the day. I work from sun up to sun down. so playing the game for me now means that i have to play only in night time. One of the many reasons that i loved the choice of where i played. Did you take that into account when you decided to make things the way they are. also As the owner of a moded server. that i host from home i can tell you that i still even 8 months after i started my server have people playing on it. due to the way i run it. if you dont like how a server is run go to another one. The thing that made this game great is not just the fact that everyone made the mods but the fact that there were so many veriatys out there that you were sure to find a server that was and was run the way you wanted it to be and if you could not the option was left up to you to take an I5 computer and turn it into a server and buy another copy of the game and make what you wanted.

ROCKET if your not going to give us the ability to use things like dayzcc and create our own servers at least let the servers that are up now be able to be daytime when it is night time. otherwise your going to make it a pain for people that want to be able to play your game when they get off work. all the time night time sucks!!!!!

IF there is no private server available, I'm sure another Arma3 mods will take the lead...
But for now, bend over and wait.

Back