DZAI Visual Installation Guide

Hey I am having an issue, when i try to install it i get stuck at Requesting Authentication, so i installed the fix, and then everyone spawns in debug land, any ideas what is wrong?

AI have issues with things in front of them, bridges or debris. Contrary to popular belief that they don't know the items exist, they do. But they are configured to find a route at a very short distance ahead and they are usually going to fast to avoid the obstacle. Try running http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6882 this on your server, it might help, it might not, I don't know but it is worth a try.

Visual Installation Guide has been updated to show installation of DZAI 2.1.0 using Epoch 1.0.5.1. As usual, the instructions apply to all DayZ mods.

Hi sir;

I have a question.
I use WAI and DZMS all AI will give gain humanity for the player who will kill them.
I wonder if i can use DZAI to settled gain humanity on -50 ( for exemple) to let each player killing those AI losing humanity when they will kill those AI?

@zappi : Just set the humanity gain value to a negative number and it should cause humanity loss.

@everyone: I fixed the installation instructions for the DZAI_Client, my instructions incorrectly said to copy-paste a line inside an isServer check. It needs to go inside an !isDedicated check instead.

This visual guide demonstrates how I install DZAI into DayZ Epochusing PBO Manager. The basic steps are nearly identical to every other DayZ mod out there so this guide is applicable to more than just Epoch.

This guide has been updated on 7/13/2014, installing DZAI 2.1.0 into DayZ Epoch 1.0.5.1 (Caribou map).

What you need:
* The SQF syntax highlighting addon for Notepad++ is extremely useful for editing SQF files because it color-codes everything for you, for example global/local variables and functions, and different data types.

Part 1: Installing DZAI to dayz_server.pbo (click images for larger version):

1. Right-click your dayz_server.pbo and click "Open".

2. You will encounter the PBO Manager GUI. First, you will need to extract your server_monitor.sqf for editing. Right-click server_monitor.sqf and select "Extract to dayz_server\".

3. Open the extracted dayz_server folder and find your extracted server_monitor.sqf.

4. Open server_monitor.sqf with Notepad++.

5. Find the line containing "allowConnection = true;"

6. Add the required "call compile..." line like so:

servermonitoredit210.png

This is the line you need to insert:

Code:
[] call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\DZAI\init\dzai_initserver.sqf";

7. Save and copy this edited server_monitor.sqf. Return to the PBO Manager GUI, right-click the "system" folder and click "Paste".

8. Copy the "DZAI" folder located in the DZAI installation package into dayz_server.pbo by right-clicking "dayz_server.pbo" in the PBO Manager GUI and clicking "Paste".

9. Start your server. When the first player logs onto the server, look in your arma2oaserver.RPT file for confirmation that DZAI has been successfully installed. You should see something like this:

Part 2: Installing DZAI Client-side addon (Optional)

1. Copy the DZAI_Client folder from the DZAI installation package
clientp1.png

2. Extract your server's mission pbo file in the MPMissions folder if it exists as a .pbo file.

clientp1_1.png

3. Open the extracted folder. In the above screenshot, you can see the folder already present.

4. Paste the DZAI_Client folder inside the extracted mission pbo folder.

clientp2.png

5. Edit your init.sqf. Insert the following line inside any if (!isDedicated) then { block like so:

clientp3_corrected.png

This is the line you need to insert:

Code:
_nul = [] execVM "DZAI_Client\dzai_initclient.sqf";

6. Do not close init.sqf yet - you are not finished editing it yet. Insert the following strings into the square brackets [] depending on what feature you want enabled:

• "clientradio" - Enable client-side radio messages. DZAI_clientRadio and DZAI_radioMsgs needs to be enabled in your dzai_config.sqf.
  • "zombieenemy" - Enable AI-to-zombie hostility. DZAI_zombieEnemy needs to be enabled in your dzai_config.sqf.
For example, if you wanted to enable client-sided radio and zombie hostility, then you would modify the execVM line to this:

clientp4_corrected.png

Here is the line if you want to copy-paste it for yourself:

Code:
_nul = ["clientradio","zombieenemy"] execVM "DZAI_Client\dzai_initclient.sqf";

7. Repack your mission pbo. For your mission pbo, it should be safe to repack it using the right-click context menu. Here, I select "PBO Manager > Pack into "DayZ_Epoch_21.Caribou.pbo":

clientp5.png

8. Double-check to see if you made the necessary steps to dzai_config.sqf in Step 6.

9. You are done. Start your server.

I added DZAI to my ThirskW server. Heli and car patrols work fine, but roaming AI fail to spawn at all. Weird. I checked the scripts and can see no reason for this except, perhaps that Thirsk is not supported; but that seems strange as the helis and car patrols spawn fine.

/* Static AI Spawning Settings
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

//Enable or disable static AI spawns. If enabled, AI spawn points will be generated in cities, towns, and other predefined areas. Does not affect custom-defined spawns (Default: true).
DZAI_staticAI = true;

//Set minimum and maximum wait time in seconds to respawn an AI group after all units have been killed. Applies to both static AI and custom spawned AI (Default: Min 300, Max 600).
DZAI_respawnTimeMin = 600;
DZAI_respawnTimeMax = 1200;

//Time to allow spawned AI units to exist in seconds before being despawned when no players are present in a trigger area. Applies to both static AI and custom spawned AI (Default: 120)
DZAI_despawnWait = 120;

//Respawn limits. Set to -1 for unlimited respawns. (Default: -1 for each).
DZAI_respawnLimit0 = -1; //Respawn limit for low level AI found in low-value areas (Default: -1)
DZAI_respawnLimit1 = -1; //Respawn limit for mid level AI found in cities and other mid-value areas (Default: -1)
DZAI_respawnLimit2 = -1; //Respawn limit for high level AI found in places with military loot (Default: -1)
DZAI_respawnLimit3 = -1; //Respawn limit for very high level AI in places with high-grade military loot (Default: -1)

/* Dynamic AI Spawning Settings
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

//Enable or disable dynamic AI spawns. If enabled, AI spawn locations will be generated for randomly selected players at randomized intervals (Default: true)
DZAI_dynAISpawns = true;

//Time (seconds) required to reach maximum spawn probability per player, after which the probability is reset to 0%. Lower number = More frequent spawns, Higher Number = Less frequent. (Recommended range: 1200-2700, Default: 1800)
DZAI_maxSpawnTime = 1800;

//Time (seconds) to allow each player to retain maximum spawn probability. (Default: 1800).
DZAI_keepMaxSpawnTime = 1800;

//Probability for dynamic AI to actively hunt a targeted player. If probability check fails, dynamic AI will patrol the area instead of hunting (Default: 0.50)
DZAI_huntingChance = 0.50;

//Probability to send first available AI helicopter to reinforce dynamic AI group. No effect if DZAI_maxHeliPatrols is set to zero. (Default: 0.50)
DZAI_heliReinforceChance = 0.50;

//Array of area blacklist markers. Players within marker areas will not be targeted for dynamic AI spawns (Example: ["BlacklistArea1","BlacklistArea2","BlacklistArea3"])
//Epoch: DZAI will automatically set up 200m-radius blacklist areas around each trader area.
DZAI_dynAreaBlacklist = [];

//Time to wait before despawning all AI units in dynamic trigger area when no players are present. (Default: 120)
DZAI_dynDespawnWait = 120;

//Enable or disable dynamic spawn-free zones of 600m radius around player spawn areas. (Default: false)
DZAI_freshSpawnSafeArea = false;

Thirsk is one of the few maps not currently supported, I gave up trying to set up a Thirsk test server a long time ago. DZAI is designed to automatically set up static spawns even for unsupported maps, although the spawn placements might be a bit "off", so you may find AI in odd places.

Thirsk is one of the few maps not currently supported, I gave up trying to set up a Thirsk test server a long time ago. DZAI is designed to automatically set up static spawns even for unsupported maps, although the spawn placements might be a bit "off", so you may find AI in odd places.

Thanks mate. Great mod though. Keep up the good work.

I installed the DZAI addon this evening and the server started up, but it does not look like the addon started. The only thing with DZAI in the RPT is this:

Version 1.63.125548
Conflicting addon dayz_server in 'z\addons\dayz_server\', previous definition in 'Users\EX-RIG\Desktop\DayZ Stuff\DZAI\dayz_server\z\addons\dayz_server\'

Please help.

I installed the DZAI addon this evening and the server started up, but it does not look like the addon started. The only thing with DZAI in the RPT is this:

Version 1.63.125548
Conflicting addon dayz_server in 'z\addons\dayz_server\', previous definition in 'Users\EX-RIG\Desktop\DayZ Stuff\DZAI\dayz_server\z\addons\dayz_server\'

Please help.

I think this message means you have added the code to your dayz_server.pbo incorrectly. It looks like you have the same code in there with 2 different root paths.

I was wondering if anyone could make the Radio only work if it was turned on like in the WAI 2.2.0 release? Would it be hard to make this happen?

I think there is an option to turn static and dynamic spawns off in the config inside the init folder

Just installed this. Is there a way to add coins to a dead ai body? i am not seeing an option for it?

Back