[Epoch] Donation Manager (php) help thread

I'm so anxious to start messing with this. Being that I'm in the Web Developer world, and have been for a long time, I shun the idea that a PHP script doesn't have a license of some sort. May I suggest adding a license.txt file in the zip?

Anyhow, that's not why I'm here. I will be hacking on this code over the next few days and wanted to know if you would like a copy of the changes I make? I love your idea of 'account credits' and 'tokens' and I have to say, I've never thought of that.

Yeah, would love to see what you do with it! I would love to do more with it, and finish up the last two parts (adding logging, and variable pricing for the build-o-base) but real life is kicking my butt.

Certainly there are about a billion ways to go about what I did and condense code, but all in all it came out working.

/License? pfft. who needs that. ;)

Is there a better way to configure it in regards to adding a port number for the Database info?

Usually it something like:
$dbHOST = "123.456.789.123"; // DATABASE HOST/IP
$dbPASS = "pass"; // DATABASE PASS
$dbPORT = "8888"; // DATABASE PORT
$dbUSER = "user"; // DATABASE USER
$dbNAME = "donations"; // DATABASE NAME

But in your I must put it in as one line including the port :
123.456.789.123:8888

and it it gets errors connecting to the database.
Got any ideas?

I think originally I had a port in the Webpage section (the database for connecting to the web server it's self, the FIRST connection in the config.php , and only setup inside the INC/config.php - THIS IS INCORRECT - this connection should NOT have a port. Only connections to the game server should have a port, anything dealing with PHP/HTML already is aware of what port it needs.

Otherwise, should function as intended as setup -

(also an update was done last night to include some experimental stuff, dropping buildings and vehicles )

Updated today to fix a bug with the clean up vehicles button and placed buildings inside the build-o-base -
added a new tool to allow users to change the code on their doors and vaults.

Hey Mass,
Seems to working out pretty good so far, great work. Helps out tremendously with the administration side of things. Was wondering how hard it would be to make the vehicles they do receive via the token system, to spawn in as a lockable version and put the key in the players' tool belt?
You have probably already thought of this but was wondering.

Yeah, I've thought about it but there isn't a great way to slip an individual item into an inventory array . I've thought about doing a replace, maybe with another toolbelt item (swap something like the crowbar for the new key), and doing it that way but have not had the time to look into it yet. The best option right now is http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php...r-for-making-masterkey-v-13-updated-02202014/ and simply enabling the feature that allows you to key non-keyed vehicles

Last edited:
im getting this error when trying to register :

Code:
DB Connection Failed: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'sentence_irwin'@'23.235.199.218' (using password: YES)

Im using es-gamers hosting and i may be inputting the wrong server info... could you help me

EDIT:
here is what i have for the web server info
PHP:
//set up the names of the database and table for the WEB SERVER
////////////MODIFY THIS SECTION //////////////////
$db_name ="sentence_donate";
$table_name ="authorize";  // don't touch table name
//connect to the server and select the database
$server = "es-gamers.com";   
$dbusername = "XXXXXXXX";  
$dbpassword = "XXXXXXXX";

im getting this error when trying to register :

Code:
DB Connection Failed: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'sentence_irwin'@'23.235.199.218' (using password: YES)

Im using es-gamers hosting and i may be inputting the wrong server info... could you help me

EDIT:
here is what i have for the web server info
PHP:
//set up the names of the database and table for the WEB SERVER
$db_name ="sentence_donate";
$table_name ="authorize";  // don't touch table name
//connect to the server and select the database
$server = "es-gamers.com"; 
$dbusername = "XXXXXXXX";
$dbpassword = "XXXXXXXX";

sorry for the late reply - should be "localhost" if the database is hosted on the same server as the web server, not es-gamers.com

As for the cool down timer, yeah, it can be done, but the only way I see to do it is a cronjob but I don't see many people knowing how to set those up :(

Copy on the cronjob. As you know I have been using this for a bit and works pretty damn good I must say, but have never understood why all the "Top 10" stuff never has any content listed under them. Any ideas?

could be that your
$playerdata= "player_data"; //Player names and PID table Allows for case sensitive database names
is not in your config? or maybe it's case sensitive and needs to be Player_DATA ?

If your using this with multiple servers (multiserversetup =1 ) it should have been disabled

Hey so I am using a host called byethost.com and now that i have configured it and uploaded all the files it just doesnt show up when i go to the webpage. it just shows the default what they have setup for the page

*EDIT*
Nevermind I fixed it

Last edited:
Update 04/30/14

logging1.png

Logging added to the admin tools

A potential exploit was identified and corrected by Johnofwax

If you are upgrading from a previous version -

inside the main folder config.php add

logging = 1; // allows logging

Import the donatorslog.sql file to add the logging table

Files that have been updated

logging2.png

Hello,
i m trying to create my admin account but when i click on "register" i only receive"I'm sorry but registration is currently closed." I looked at register.php and found allow_registration <= 0 but i have no idea where to find this entry to solve the problem.

sounds like you didn't import the SQL data provided- it should create tables for you inside your database and one of those tables is
`allow_registration` int(1) DEFAULT '1',

Back