Fix! 1.7.7.1 scripts work for 1.8

With the New 1.8 update release I've seen a ton of posts about scripts no longer working. So I thought I would just post the fix I used for my server.
The Problem:
The problem, is that the 1.8 update mission pbo is significantly smaller then the 1.7.7.1.
(The init.sqf in the 1.7.7.1 has 90 lines of code, where as the 1.8 has a mere 18 lines of code.)
The Solution:
Get your MissionPBO from /MPMissions/dayz_1.chernarus.pbo
Unpack the dayz_1.chernarus.pbo
  • Find init.sqf and open it, Add this at the end of the code
    Code:
    #include "init1.sqf"
  • Now open the description.ext and add this at the end of the code
    Code:
    #include "description1.sqf"
  • Now open the mission.sqm file and replace what is there with this code
    Code:
    #include "mission1.sqm"
Now get the dayz_code.pbo from /@DayZ/addons/dayz_code.pbo
Unpack the dayz_code.pbo
  • Find the init.sqf and change its name to init1.sqf and add it to your mission folder​
  • Next find the description.sqf and change its name to description1.sqf and add it to your mission folder​
  • Next find the mission.sqm and change its name to mission1.sqm and add it to your mission folder​
Repack your mission folder and upload.​
You can now edit your scripts as normal.​
(edit the newly added files example:init1.sqf)​
I hope this was easy and helpful, feel free to post questions or message me.​
Also if someone could post the fix for the selfbloodbag scripts that would be great.​

Or you can download my files from here, and just overwrite your existing mission files. I've simply merged the two sets of files together to keep things the way they used to be. Much neater and easier to find what you're looking for.

NOTES:
  • You may need to edit the 'dayZ_instance = 1;' in init.sqf if your server is not using instance 1.
  • Do NOT use these if you are not running Chernarus 1.8
  • ALWAYS make a backup of your original files before replacing them just in case things go wrong.
For self bloodbag, see my fix here.

Or you can download my files from here, and just overwrite your existing mission files. I've simply merged the two sets of files together to keep things the way they used to be. Much neater and easier to find what you're looking for.

NOTES:
  • You may need to edit the 'dayZ_instance = 1;' in init.sqf if your server is not using instance 1.
  • Do NOT use these if you are not running Chernarus 1.8
  • ALWAYS make a backup of your original files before replacing them just in case things go wrong.
For self bloodbag, see my fix here.
I Actually wouldn't recommend downloading and replacing your mission file, ever. for three reason's
1. its important to do thing's yourself so that when an error occurs you have a better chance of fixing it.
2. I wouldn't trust a download.
3. the method i've posted is getting files directly from your own ftp. which will allow you to start from scratch if you have an unresolved error.

also It does not get cleaner than what i've posted.

I Actually wouldn't recommend downloading and replacing your mission file, ever. for three reason's
1. its important to do thing's yourself so that when an error occurs you have a better chance of fixing it.
2. I wouldn't trust a download.
3. the method i've posted is getting files directly from your own ftp. which will allow you to start from scratch if you have an unresolved error.

also It does not get cleaner than what i've posted.

Each to their own, though,
1. These files aren't going to cause an error, they are the same files you have but instead of having them split across six files for no reason, they are combined to 3 (like we used to have).
2. I'm pretty sure you will have downloaded files to install scripts, so I take that a little personally. :p
3. Those files will remain on my web host for the foreseeable future (I've had it for 8 years, I'm not likely to get rid soon), so if people do end up having to start from scratch and weren't sensible enough to make a backup of the clean files, they can re-download them.

And it does get cleaner, three files cleaner to be precise. :p

No offence man, everybody likes to do things their own way. When I started playing with the 1.8 code, I did the exact same as you have, but then I realised it was adding file size I didn't need and making life more awkward in the long run.

I can understand wanting people to do things for themselves, but even if you want that, I still say merging is better than duplicating.

The files are safe to download and I have already completed a successful install of scripts into 1.8. The REPORT feature is for IMPORTANT situations that are getting out of hand, not for people afraid to download things. In future try the download before you report it.

Back