Ground Fog - Guide

Is it possible to add more Clouds ?
Couse it turned the Range up to 1000.

Why ? Thats easy a Sniper on a Roof sees all perfekt over 180 Meters.
But if you are sitting on the Ground Aiming somewhere you see nothing.

But if i turn the Radius to 1000 Meters you only see some sad 1 Man Clouds ^^.

Sry for my English

found it in 10 seconds lol delete this (line 1172) position[]={6288.5488,304.98645,7825.8896}[/.COLOR][/.FONT][/.SIZE];
Change it to just be position[]={6288.55,304.1,7825.89}; with no color font size brackets around it.. lol

Okay, so here's what I've learnt in the past two days since I started playing with this fog idea.

First and foremost. The script posted here is Yac's work. (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7122)

Second. There's a better script made by Rockhount, based on Yac's, that's much easier to customize. (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13101)

Third, getting the ground fog about right from a man's perspective doesn't mean that it won't look like crap from the air. Many times I thought I got it right but when I took an aereal view it looked unnatural.

Fourth, the way the game handles fog, if you are standing inside of it and look up, it seems to momentarely disperse, clearing the view. Of course, when you look down it all comes back. This can be kinda worked around by increasing the height.

DayZ breaking point is also using this fog feature. it would be nice if someone can find out to get this in Dayz.st

Woops iam sorry, i think that was an editor copy paste error, this is how it looks and sadly no fog:

Code:
class Item1
        {
            side="LOGIC";
            class Vehicles
            {
                items=1;
                class Item0
                {
                    position[]={708.96582,35.858719,3533.1272};
                    id=50;
                    side="LOGIC";
                    vehicle="FunctionsManager";
                    leader=1;
                    lock="UNLOCKED";
                    skill=0.60000002;
                };
            };
        };
        class Item2
        {
            side="LOGIC";
            class Vehicles
            {
                items=1;
                class Item0
                {
                    position[]={6288.5488,304.98645,7825.8896};
                    id=1;
                    side="LOGIC";
                    vehicle="Logic";
                    leader=1;
                    skill=0.60000002;
                    init="[this,10000,10000, 8, 20] exec ""fog.sqs""";
                };
            };
        };
    };
    class Markers

Two hours in my fog disappeared. Using the nightfog script, not sure why.

Could it be because some hacked rolled the time on?

I get cannot load mission when i try to run this

Attachments

• mission.sqm.txt
    37.2 KB · Views: 10
  • fog.sqf
    745 bytes · Views: 11
Hey Andrew, i tried to use this script on my chernarus server. But no fog :( maybe did u find the time to check the files? Would be awesome, i checked it again and again and again but can't find the fault.

http://pastebin.com/tLAjjp05

http://pastebin.com/u5te3hYY
only thing I can see is you skip from class item1 to class item3 and also maybe try changing the 6 and 20 around, if you are looking for a certain time and not getting it

Is it possible to add more Clouds ?
Couse it turned the Range up to 1000.

Why ? Thats easy a Sniper on a Roof sees all perfekt over 180 Meters.
But if you are sitting on the Ground Aiming somewhere you see nothing.

But if i turn the Radius to 1000 Meters you only see some sad 1 Man Clouds ^^.

Sry for my English
^

No Answers to this ?

Never had the chance to respond, I would change the size=5 at the bottem to make bigger clouds

Tried it.
But Looks like Sh.. XD
It´s like you only got fog.
At 1o Meters you see nothing and at range it´s like the same as before only bigger clouds

Have had mixed results with it, the code is a first release, as said in an earlier post. It takes some playing with the settings to get it just right. Even then I think different Gfx settings and other weather settings, at the server, mess with it. Clouds are being added underground, great way of getting something that the game doesn't provide, look forward to the next update..

Back