HELP! Killed by Friendly Fire glitch... please read

DangerRuss

OpenDayZ Rockstar!
On my server, I have the death message name tags turned off. So when a person is killed, it only says "Z was killed" From time to time , and increasingly more often, it will say "Z was killed by X (Friendly Fire)" and usually after that happens, the player who was killed will spawn next to or very near their body, with all of their gear. This also doesn't register as a murder or bandit kill on my debug menu. Any ideas? I have lots of mods and custom buildings on the server, but its only been very recently that this started happening. The only thing Ive changed recently, its Weapons and Items on the AI. Thanks again.

Which is not the case here at all. I have done a bit further testing and it seems if the killer logs to the lobby and back in it resolves the issue for a time. Still not sure what the cause is. It seems completely random.

i've gotten friendly fire messages for bloodbagging a player then a lil later on killing them, but they didnt respawn half dead near their corpse.

yea I should update that more often then not the player does NOT respawn at their body, but occasionally does. I even had one guy, who when I shot him, it said he died, and fell to ground, then he was running around next to his dead body saying "wtf?." He had all of his gear and everything, didn't even have to log, he was just instantly there like he didn't die at all.

Same issues happening on my server. Doesnt happen as often as it used to though. Def a problem though.

I suspect if someone logs before the database is updated with their death they will spawn back in with the same settings.

Then there will be a db update with alive=0 etc., but he won't die and then his player data will get updated again with his new alive settings shortly after

Basically a player can log faster than the hive can update the database, too much stuff being updated to the db or server to slow.?

I dont think it always has to do with logging and that wouldnt explain the friendly fire with names showing immediately at time of death. Ive also found that its happening less and if the killer (not the killed) logs to thw lobby the issue stops for them

Back