Help! Need Fix to clear debris from roads

HospitalChair

Unless I have just stroked out since the 1.8.3 patch, I can't get my previous method of removing the road debris to work. Placing this bit of code in the mission init file after progressLoadingScreen 1.0;

stream_locationCheck = {
//Remove Garbage
};

This is what the current 1.8.3 Vanilla Cherno init looks like. Perhaps im just not placing it in the correct spot or this method just doesn't work since the files have changed a bit. Thanks.

initialized = false;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "variables.sqf";
progressLoadingScreen 0.05;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";
progressLoadingScreen 0.15;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Scripts\compiles.sqf";
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\BIS_Effects\init.sqf";
progressLoadingScreen 0.25;
initialized = true;

That does seem to be the way a lot of people are going. My 1.8.2 server was hitting almost 50 every night till they dropped this garbage patch on us. I just really don't care for epoch. So I'm slaving through trying to find updates for 1.8.3

They were very sneaky in moving things to object configs and other type places to circumvent your ability to have AI, missions, ect.

If you want the true vanilla experience, then you are in luck . If you want to do much customization (which is the point of this forum), you will have much more severe limitations than before.

With Epoch, I'm been able to modify it to be the experience my player had in 1.8.2 plus some adiditons due to the lack of restrictions. The only thing I haven't done yet is the new UI.

i also prefer dayz 1.8.3 ...
i was surprised when i looked the other day at how much they changed. it shouldnt be hard to find the changes though, i will,look when i get home.

in the meantime, is there a @dayz/dayz_code/compile/stream_locationcheck.sqf file?

the line in your init.sqf file will only work if that file is configured in the compiles.sqf
if they are using the same file but have changed,the function name or how its called ... you have to find that.

They were very sneaky in moving things to object configs and other type places to circumvent your ability to have AI, missions, ect.

If you want the true vanilla experience, then you are in luck . If you want to do much customization (which is the point of this forum), you will have much more severe limitations than before.

With Epoch, I'm been able to modify it to be the experience my player had in 1.8.2 plus some adiditons due to the lack of restrictions. The only thing I haven't done yet is the new UI.
epoch doesnt have the crafting that 1.8.3 has? does it?
i have run epoch servers but dont likenit so,never,palayed much.
i was,n the process of moving the traders into,more likely areas for epoch, which would help a lot. and the vehicles suck balls. dynamic vehicles are a fail IMHO

look for that file in compiles.sqf
it used to say stream_locationcheck =

maybe they changed the function name to something else? maybe its no,langer used at all and they use something else.

i will be home in an hour and will look also

Disclaimer: I am not sure about any of this, been doing something else and fooling with this at the same time .. I could be completely wrong with everything I am about to say:
I "think" that the debris has been moved into this folder
@dayz/addons/dayz_code/system/scheduler
and the file sched_towngenerator.sqf is what is creating the debris

I tested this and didn't think it was working, but now it seems to be working so .. you tell me ...
There should be (and probably is) an easier method, but this is a start.

So .. copy these three files into your mission
player_monitor.fsm
sched_init.sqf
sched_towngenerator.sqf
download from here https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4RTx5O3wZvEMFEzVXdCLW9XZlU&authuser=0
edit your init.sqf file by commenting out the line that calls player_monitor.fsm and calling the local mission fsm
Code:
    //execFSM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.fsm";
    execFSM "player_monitor.fsm";

and that should remove the debris. If you tell me it works, I will detail the changes I had made tommorrow. Have to go to sleep so i can get up and go to work.

epoch doesnt have the crafting that 1.8.3 has? does it?
i have run epoch servers but dont likenit so,never,palayed much.
i was,n the process of moving the traders into,more likely areas for epoch, which would help a lot. and the vehicles suck balls. dynamic vehicles are a fail IMHO

I implimented vehicle spawns like regular dayz and got rid of dynamic. Haven't added the crafted menu yet, but it is possible. Just haven't gotten to it yet.

Hey, I don't seem to have sched_towngenerator.sqf in @dayz/addons/dayz_code/system/scheduler , any ideas for how I can get this junk off the road ?

If that is true, you are not in fact using 1.8.3 since ALL mod files must be identical you MUST have the same files as everyone who runs 1.8.3 and therefore you MUST have that folder and file.
Unless of course I am the one with the bastard files and somehow got 'extra' files in my freshly downloaded 1.8.3
This is 1.8.3 files and structure http://i.imgur.com/SROF3dz.png
This is 1.8.2 files and structure http://i.imgur.com/l4V1NbW.png

Verify your files and structure and maybe download the 1.8.3 files again http://se1.dayz.nu/latest/
Just to verify, I downloaded again. Not sure exactly why there is a @server and @client. Usually the @server files just have the dayz_server and configs folders but this time it actually includes the client mod files also.

Last edited:
My apologies friend, it was there...
I was looking in a custom folder that I 'assumed' was the content of dayz_code.pbo

I have added this to my 1.8.3 server there now and am just waiting on the next restart to see if it worked
(I'll know in 1 hour)

Back