Krixes - Self Bloodbag Script

Hi there. Been trying to get this mod to work without any success. Any help appreciated. I'm just not seeing an option to BB.
https://www.dropbox.co m/s/udm1bivbd3ktnmg/dayz_01.chernarus%20%281%29.pbo
should take you to the file on dropbox.
Thanks

OK so I've spotted im not using the correct files or instructions. Found an updated fix for 1.8. I'll try that and see what happens

The problem is in your paths. You don't need MPMissions\dayz_1.chernarus\. All you need since it's in the root of your mission folder is the file name. That applies to the init.sqf, the fn_selfActions.sqf, and the compiles.sqf.

Also, you have all of this in the compiles.sqf
Code:
fnc_usec_selfActions = fnc_usec_selfActions = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "MPMissions\fn_selfActions.sqf";            // fnc_usec_selfActions - adds custom actions to dayz code preprocessFileLineNumbers "dayz_01.chernarus\fn_selfActions.sqf";            // fnc_usec_selfActions - adds custom actions to dayz code

But you only need this
Code:
fnc_usec_selfActions = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fn_selfActions.sqf";

Thanks for looking at this. I've modified the paths as you have suggested and edited the fault in compiles.sqf. Still doesn't work. I know it's something I've done wrong and I appreciate the time you've spent looking. I'll check the files over again and post them up again. It's quite possible I've used the wrong fn_SelfActions file which I have taken from the DayZ_code.pbo on my server.

Ok to clarify what I've done.

extracted the fn_selfactions from my dayz_code.pbo compiles folder.
extracted the compiles.sqf from my dayz_code.pbo init folder

I've added the bloodbag code after the unconcious and ladder bit.
I've changed the path to show it just as player_selfbloodbag.sqf with no path.

In the compiles.sqf I've changed the path to just fn_selfactions.sqf

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jlnxxtymplf2czb/dayz_01.chernarus (3).pbo

Still doesn't work. I can't see what is wrong. I'm not great at this code so any help is greatly appreciated.

The fn_selfActions.sqf you want is always in @Dayzyourmodnamehere\addons\dayz_code.pbo\compile\

If you want to upload the files as they are now, I can take another look, it's usually something simple like a typo or calling a file in the wrong place. :)

Thanks.
I've pulled the fn_selfActions.sqf from​

\DayZ_Epoch\Addons\DayZ_code.pbo

And here is the full modified mission file

Thanks

You seem to be getting tied in knots a little here. What you need to do is in your root mission folder, delete compiles.sqf, fn_selfActions.sqf, and player_selfbloodbag.sqf
Then in init.sqf change this line
Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "compiles.sqf";                //Compile custom compiles
To this
Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\compiles.sqf";                //Compile custom compiles

I see from your init.sqf that you are using Epoch, so the fn_selfactions.sqf you want (if you didn't already take this one) is in your local install of arma 2 operation arrowhead @DayZ_Epoch\addons\dayz_code.pbo\compile\

If you've taken the wrong fn_selfActions, then you've probably also taken the wrong compiles.sqf, so you'd also want the compiles from the 'init' directory in that pbo.

Thanks Rosska, I'll get right on to it.

Ok I've taken and modified the files from my OA folder DayZ_code.

I've changed the paths to only show the /custom/compiles in the init file. The rest are still just root. Does that sound right?

Sorry for delay, got so many things open just now trying to figure out a way of unbanning without rMod haha.

Erm, ok the files are ok now and in the right place. But your path for fn_selfActions in compiles.sqf is wrong, as is your path for player_selfbloodbag in fn_selfactions.sqf.

It always starts the path in the root of your mission folder, so for those (since they are in the custom folder) you'd need their path to start with 'custom\whatever'. So like your fn_selfactions call would look like this
Code:
fnc_usec_selfActions = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\fn_selfActions.sqf";        //Checks which actions for self

and your fn_selfActions entry for self blood would look like this
Code:
s_player_selfBloodbag = player addaction[("<t color=""#c70000"">" + ("Self Bloodbag") +"</t>"),"custom\player_selfbloodbag.sqf","",5,false,true,"", ""];

Sorry for delay, got so many things open just now trying to figure out a way of unbanning without rMod haha.

Erm, ok the files are ok now and in the right place. But your path for fn_selfActions in compiles.sqf is wrong, as is your path for player_selfbloodbag in fn_selfactions.sqf.

It always starts the path in the root of your mission folder, so for those (since they are in the custom folder) you'd need their path to start with 'custom\whatever'. So like your fn_selfactions call would look like this
Code:
fnc_usec_selfActions = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\fn_selfActions.sqf";        //Checks which actions for self

and your fn_selfActions entry for self blood would look like this
Code:
s_player_selfBloodbag = player addaction[("<t color=""#c70000"">" + ("Self Bloodbag") +"</t>"),"custom\player_selfbloodbag.sqf","",5,false,true,"", ""];

Thanks for getting back to me quickly. I've updated it and I'll try it again now.

Ok here's the files again. I can't thank you enough for spending the time to try and fix this for me. I'll let you know how I get on again.

Well I've tried again, thought it was maybe a case sensitivity issue so I've changed custom to Custom but it still doesn't work. I'll have a look again in the morning to see what it could be. Any pointers would be great.

Thanks for all your help so far.

Well I've tried again, thought it was maybe a case sensitivity issue so I've changed custom to Custom but it still doesn't work. I'll have a look again in the morning to see what it could be. Any pointers would be great.

Thanks for all your help so far.

If you changed it like I said, then it should be working. I'd have to see your mission file again as it is now to see why it's not.

I think that's the crux of the problem. I think I've changed it like you said and I can't see any faults. Two heads are better than one however. I'll get the file again, but the only real difference from the last one attached is that I capitalised custom to Custom to reflect the actual folder title.

Thanks for your help.

Yeah, that all looks fine I think (been up all night so my eyes may be playing tricks on me). Is it just not showing the option? Or is it failing when you try to use it?

One thing I just noticed, you're using a rather outdated version of the actual player_selfbloodbag.sqf, that file doesn't have the animation loop, adjustable settings, or combat checks included. You may want to download the latest file from his post here (just the player_selfBloodbag.sqf), just so you know you're running an up to date version. :)

Edit: Actually, is your server starting up ok? You're mission.sqm file is trying to include a file that doesn't exist in your mission file, and other than that, it's completely empty. If you're running 1.8 onwards, you can download my merged mission files from the link in my sig and replace your mission.sqm with the file from my zip.

No option to see. I'll download the file you've suggested.
Server is running fine otherwise.
How do I tell what version I am running?

No option to see. I'll download the file you've suggested.
Server is running fine otherwise.
How do I tell what version I am running?

Did you try moving around, or did you just log in and scroll wheel? Options in the fn_selfActions.sqf tend not to show until you've moved slightly, even 1 metre.

Strange that it's running ok with nothing in the mission.sqm. I don't know what server host you are using, usually they state what version of the mod you have installed somewhere in their control panel. Though actually, don't use my file, because you're running Epoch (totally forgot). It may tell you when you're in game and press escape?

Looks like 1.62XXXXX as far as I can tell.
Server is with gaming deluxe who have been great so far.
I have one other mod installed at the moment, DZAI which is working as expected and installed simply.

Yeah I moved around and I'm getting the other options, unlock car etc...

Wondering if its possible I'm editing the wrong folder. It would seem that if the files all look ok and are in the right place, pointing to the right place, then maybe the mission is the wrong one?

Looks like 1.62XXXXX as far as I can tell.
Server is with gaming deluxe who have been great so far.
I have one other mod installed at the moment, DZAI which is working as expected and installed simply.

Yeah I moved around and I'm getting the other options, unlock car etc...
I think the latest version of Epoch is 1.0.2.3
This may be a stupid question, but you are removing the (3) from the end of the mission file yeah?

Edit: Actually, yes it must be the wrong folder because with an empty mission.sqm you shouldn't even be able to connect to the server.

Well that mission.sqm is a 1.8 file. I wouldn't recommend using it with Epoch since it may cause unforseen problems or just prevent connecting all together.

Inside the MPmissions directory, you should have the dayz_1.chernarus.pbo or a dayz_1.chernarus folder. If not, then I don't have a clue what your server is running from haha.

Back