Krixes - Self Bloodbag Script

Yeah thats where the file is. MPMissions/dayz_1.chernarus.pbo. Thats where the files I have been editing are now living. Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate the time.
Any other ideas?

Ok, so you've got the files in the right place now. But it's still not working? Did you put the .pbo you sent me in there, or did you find the correct .pbo in there?

If you look at the mission.sqm file you told me was a 1.8, it lives in an epoch mission/instance folder. Could this be the correct place for editing instead of the main folder MPMissions?

Ok, so you've got the files in the right place now. But it's still not working? Did you put the .pbo you sent me in there, or did you find the correct .pbo in there?

Sorry got confused there. Thats where I found the original .pbo file and have since downloaded and modified it.

Ok, looking at that zip, I think the mission file you should be editing is either the folder called DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus or the one called DayZ_Epoch_17.Chernarus since those are actually proper Epoch mission files. I'm not too sure what that one you were using was from.

There should be some sort of indication in your control panel (usually) to say what folders it's launching from. Failing that, rename the mission.sqm in one of the folders to mission.sqm.bak and try starting the server, if you get stuck at 'wait for host' then it's that folder.

The one i was using was and still is in the MPMissions folder root I'll have a look at the cp to see where its launching. It appears to be launching from the instance 11 but the file dayz_01.chernarus.pbo wasn't in there to start with. I put that there this morning.

The one i was using was and still is in the MPMissions folder root I'll have a look at the cp to see where its launching

Yeah, sorry I didn't mean literally from, meant as in I don't know what mod it was supposed to be running because it certainly wasn't an Epoch mission file. The only part of it that seemed ok was the init.sqf.

Ok thats defo the right folder now. It wont load, sits at wait for host. Given that there wasn't a .pbo in there before, what file folder structure needs to be in there now?

Ok thats defo the right folder now. It wont load, sits at wait for host. Given that there wasn't a .pbo in there before, what file folder structure needs to be in there now?

You don't need to worry about making it a .pbo, just edit the files in the folder (still make backups where possible because it's always better to be safe) and it will work straight from the folder.

Don't copy the init.sqf, mission.sqm, or description.ext. Just the custom folder and then edit the init.sqf for the call to compiles.

Got it working yarrrr, Dayz Epoch and Selfbloodbag.

Here's what I did:

Follow Krixes instructions as in part 1 "Installation Instructions For new dayz_mission.pbo"

However we need our Epoch version of the self script for traders etc so get this from the following file.

\DayZ\@DayZ_Epoch\addons\dayz_code.pbo (note this is the client directory not the server one)

Extract the file compile/fn_selfactions.sqf

Put this file in the custom folder from Krixes instructions - DO NOT use Krixes fn_selfactions.sqf

Then follow part 2 of the guide "Installation Instructions For existing custom dayz_mission.pbo and fn_selfActions.sqf:"

adding the bloodbag code into the above fn_selfactions.sqf file as instructed

there should now be 3 files in the custom folder:

fn_selfactions.sqf (from epoch)
compiles.sqf (file you created)
player_selfbloodbag.sqf (from Krixes)

copy the custom folder into your missions.pbo or directory.

edit the init.sqf to include the line in the instructions

repack you mission.pbo

The only slight problem i've found atm is you seem to need to interact with something else - trader etc before the option appears in the mousewheel menu.

Enjoy
A
I tried this and it stopped my markets from spawning in vehicles. I installed everything correctly too. I'm running epoch 1.0.2.3 on dayz st

Well you have the patience of a saint rosska. It's working fine now. It seems to have introduced an error about playercountmagazines.sqf but that doesn't look like its interfering.

Thanks alot man. I really appreciate the time and effort you've gone to for me. A great job.

Well you have the patience of a saint rosska. It's working fine now. It seems to have introduced an error about playercountmagazines.sqf but that doesn't look like its interfering.

Thanks alot man. I really appreciate the time and effort you've gone to for me. A great job.

Hmm, errors are never a good thing haha. What is the error it's coming up with? I've noticed that sometimes you get an error, and then if you restart it doesn't happen again. DayZ/Arma at it's finest. :)

Yeah same problem. Although bloodbag now works brilliantly, all of the epoch functions no longer work. Can speak to traders, locked vehicles only give you the option to save them bizarrely. I'll roll back and try again later.

Yeah same problem. Although bloodbag now works brilliantly, all of the epoch functions no longer work. Can speak to traders, locked vehicles only give you the option to save them bizarrely. I'll roll back and try again later.

Ok, that means you've used the wrong fn_selfActions.sqf, which means you probably have the wrong compiles.sqf still too if you took them both from the same place.

You have to take them both from @DayZ_Epoch\addons\dayz_code.pbo\

Back