Krixes - Self Bloodbag Script

Yes, you have to edit your chernarus.pbo....

Therein lies part of the problem I am, and as Paramedic said a few posts up running the EPOCH mod.

Following the instructions i can get selfblooding to work but is disables the ability to interact with vendors, salvage parts, unlock safe/vehicles.

there is no fn_selfActions.sqf in the mission pbo if i create one, bloodbag works but disables the epoch stuff.

So im not sure which file to modify or how to get all the mousewheel functions working together.

Cheers
A

Got it working yarrrr, Dayz Epoch and Selfbloodbag.

Here's what I did:

Follow Krixes instructions as in part 1 "Installation Instructions For new dayz_mission.pbo"

However we need our Epoch version of the self script for traders etc so get this from the following file.

\DayZ\@DayZ_Epoch\addons\dayz_code.pbo (note this is the client directory not the server one)

Extract the file compile/fn_selfactions.sqf

Put this file in the custom folder from Krixes instructions - DO NOT use Krixes fn_selfactions.sqf

Then follow part 2 of the guide "Installation Instructions For existing custom dayz_mission.pbo and fn_selfActions.sqf:"

adding the bloodbag code into the above fn_selfactions.sqf file as instructed

there should now be 3 files in the custom folder:

fn_selfactions.sqf (from epoch)
compiles.sqf (file you created)
player_selfbloodbag.sqf (from Krixes)

copy the custom folder into your missions.pbo or directory.

edit the init.sqf to include the line in the instructions

repack you mission.pbo

The only slight problem i've found atm is you seem to need to interact with something else - trader etc before the option appears in the mousewheel menu.

Enjoy
A

Hello kaysio,

I'd be very interested in your working strip parts. I am running dayz.st v1.7.7.1

Also, does anyone know how the Humanity Check works? For instance, if I want only those with 2000 or more humanity to be able to bloodbag themselves?

Can confirm that this script does work with 1.7.7.1.... Just follow the 1.7.7.1 tutorial and your good to go! :)

Script works fine with 1.7.7.1. Thanks for posting it!

I optimized the do loop code to remove a lot of the excess logic to reduce the load on the server (every little bit helps). Remember that the interpreter will go through each conditional in the if statement even if the preceding condition proves the whole thing false. Thus, long if conditional statements can be unnecessarily slow.

I haven't thoroughly tested it yet though but it appears to be working fine.

Code:
    while {r_doLoop} do {
        _animState = animationState player;  
        _isMedic = ["medic",_animState] call fnc_inString; 
        if (_isMedic) then {
            _started = true;                              
        } else {
            if (_started and !r_interrupt) then {
                if ((time - _bloodbagUsageTime) < _bloodbagUseTime) then {
                    player playActionNow "Medic"; 
                } else {
                    r_doLoop = false;  
                    _finished = true; 
                    lastBloodbag = time; 
                };
            };
        };
        if (r_interrupt) then {
            r_doLoop = false;
        };
        sleep 0.1;
    };

Haha, you guys are awesome. Taking a code framework I made for the community and improving upon it. You guys keep up the awesome work. :)

Would like to see what else you guys find that can be improved upon. :)

That's how we keep things moving for the better!

I did test the optimized do loop above on 1.7.7.1 and it works fine. For the timer set to 30 seconds it takes almost 30 seconds on the dot to administer the self blood bag.

EDIT: Got auto refuel and self blood working, but now the Self Bloodbag option disappears after a second or so. I've whitelisted it in my antihack. Help? :p

Hey i followed your introductions for my new dayz chernarus 1.7.7.1 server but the script is not working. The server is running fine. Someone has an idea ?

I'm a bit confused. I have a namalsk server, do I add the player_selfbloodbag.sqf to the custom folder or the root folder? If it's the custom folder, it's safe to say it doesn't work here :(

I have a feeling I'm going to get addicted to this very easily...

Haha, it is quite addicting once you get started.
This one is kicking my rear, and im not exactly new to scripting..

Every time i get one thing working, i loose something else...

I've yet to get self bloodbag working, or dog companions
and some how during my "fix" i broke lift / tow..

any help would be Hugely appreciated

http://ecbiz122.inmotionhosting.com/~tucker17/dayz_epoch_11.chernarus.zip

The problem with running multiple scripts is they most likely come with their own fn_selfActions.sqf and the best thing to do is get your own fn_selfActions.sqf out of dayz_code.pbo (depending on your mod) and add what they do to the fn_selfActions.sqf to your own. Sort of merge all of them into a single file as multiple ones just over ride each others and cause a huge hassle.
I'm a bit confused. I have a namalsk server, do I add the player_selfbloodbag.sqf to the custom folder or the root folder? If it's the custom folder, it's safe to say it doesn't work here :(
If you follow the directions to a T on the first page for namalsk (remember there is a asterisk there and a note below) it will work without much hassle. In my opinion this is one of the easiest scripts to install. :)

Greetings,

I am new to installing scripts on servers, and here is my situation with this particular scipt:

I am renting from Dayz.st (1.7.7.1 DayZ)
I downloaded the "default mission PBO" and PBOView
After unpacking dayz_mission.pbo I:
1) edited the init.sqf
2)created a folder in the unpacked mission pbo named "custom"
3)created an sqf called compiles with provided string
4)retrieved the fn_selfActions.sqf from the @DayZ dayz_code.pbo and placed it in custom
5)placed player_selfbloodbag.sqf in custom folder
6)edited fn_selfActions.sqf with the blood bag script
7)repacked the mission pbo
8)uploaded via dayz.st admin panel and restarted server

I have done those steps three times now, being very careful. When I try it out in-game I just get no option to use the bloodbag with mousewheel.

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: Placed string in wrong line in the init.sqf. Disregard!

Back