Krixes - Self Bloodbag Script

so ive playing around with this for some time and have set up all the files but nothing has worked i have 2 dayz mission files 'dayz_XXXX.chernarus.pbo' and 'dayz_15912.chernarus.pbo' i am playing epoch on chernarus and have followed the steps to install the scripts triyng it on both files separately and nothing had happens. any1 no what i can do?

Did you take the fn_selfactions.sqf and add the line to the init file so it would run the new comiles.sqf?
Do you have a blood bag in your main inventory? Also, note that if you log in and simply stand still the option will not show, you need to move a couple of metres then stop and it will show up, this is an Arma issue.
If you did all of this ok, then upload your pbo and I'll try and take a look to see if anything is wrong with it.

When i install the script i get the option to bloodbag and it works... but whe i go to a car and scroll with the wheel the option repair/salvage are gone and a long list of repair repair repair is shown, maybe someone can upload the fn_selfActions.sqf for 1.0.2?

EDIT: now it works, had to take the fn_selfactions from dayz_code in @dayz_epoch not the one from this thread

I have this problem, just installed on Takistan and the bloodbag works, but the REPAIR list is broken and I can't refill Jerry Cans (no longer have the option in the scroll window).

I don't use Epoch, is there another way to fix this? Specifically for Takistan?

Thanks ahead of time for any help with this.

EDIT - Trying BigCountry's fix right now

ANOTHER EDIT - didn't work, so any help you can give is appreciated.

I have this problem, just installed on Takistan and the bloodbag works, but the REPAIR list is broken and I can't refill Jerry Cans (no longer have the option in the scroll window).

I don't use Epoch, is there another way to fix this? Specifically for Takistan?

Thanks ahead of time for any help with this.

EDIT - Trying BigCountry's fix right now

ANOTHER EDIT - didn't work, so any help you can give is appreciated.

The solution to your problem is to read the tutorial, line for line. :p
It has been stated in the tutorial and now several times in this thread that you should NOT use the fn_selfActions.sqf attached to his post as anything other than an example. You have to take the fn_selfActions.sqf for your specific map and add the code to it.

Your file for Takistan will be found in your Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead installation under @DayZTakistan/addons/dayz_code.pbo
Copy that somewhere and extract it, go to the compile folder and take your fn_selfActions.sqf then put it where the tutorial tells you to and add in the code needed for self blood.

Oh man, I'm caught. Maybe it was just late at night and I was tired, can I use that as an excuse?

Thank you, it works now. I can go to sleep.

hi im looking to pay someone to help me with scripts on my server, can someone help?

I have followed the directions to the T and it still does NOT work

Hey everyone,
I am new here, i've been trying to get the script working to Reality Chernarus but no luck...
I followed both methods on the readme to the letter but no luck...
I did get auto refuel script running and working but this one for some reason is not, i believe i have done everything right but still no go...
Anyone here using Reality?! Please help!
Thank you and regards.
Ynot

Hey everyone,
I am new here, i've been trying to get the script working to Reality Chernarus but no luck...
I followed both methods on the readme to the letter but no luck...
I did get auto refuel script running and working but this one for some reason is not, i believe i have done everything right but still no go...
Anyone here using Reality?! Please help!
Thank you and regards.
Ynot

Yeah I'm running Reality, though this script doesn't use the database.

If you want to upload your mission pbo somewhere I'll take a look at it for you.

Question.... How would you change the script to make yourself able to self bb in combat?

Open the player_selfbloodbag.sqf and find
Code:
if (dayz_combat == 1) then { // Check if in combat
    cutText [format["You are in Combat and cannot give yourself a Bloodbag"], "PLAIN DOWN"]; //display text at bottom center of screen when in combat
} else {
delete that, then scroll to the bottom of the file and remove the last };

Though personally I feel that'd make it way too OP.

Remove which last?

Combat can last for a while at times and I think that is a crucial part of surviving. If you have a blood bag and your able to make for cover why shouldnt you be able to heal even if your still getting shot at. People treat wounds during battles all the time in RL why not in game?

Remove which last?

Combat can last for a while at times and I think that is a crucial part of surviving. If you have a blood bag and your able to make for cover why shouldnt you be able to heal even if your still getting shot at. People treat wounds during battles all the time in RL why not in game?

Remove the last }; on the page right down at the bottom. It's the closing brace from the if/else.

Yeah I know people treat wounds during combat in RL and you can already heal another player whilst in combat, I just don't think it's good to have it so you can give yourself a bloodbag (an already incredibly dangerous move) whilst being shot at. But each to their own. :cool:

Hi rosska85,
Thanks for helping and sorry for the delay i was out of town for a couple of days.
Here's my mission file:
ftp://ar4uall.dyndns.org/dayz_1.chernarus.rar

Thanks again for your time !!

Erm, it's pretty apparent the second I opened your .pbo, all you've done is add the selfbloodbag.sqf but you haven't added the compiles.sqf, copied over and modified the fn_selfactions.sqf or added the line to the init.sqf to load the new compiles.sqf haha. Without those changes the bloodbag script is never going to do anything. :p

I've gone ahead and added it all in as it should be, didn't test it but it should all be working so let me know how you get on.

Link

Oh and I'm a little curious how you got your refuel script working, since it's not called in the init at all?

Erm, it's pretty apparent the second I opened your .pbo, all you've done is add the selfbloodbag.sqf but you haven't added the compiles.sqf, copied over and modified the fn_selfactions.sqf or added the line to the init.sqf to load the new compiles.sqf haha. Without those changes the bloodbag script is never going to do anything. :p

I've gone ahead and added it all in as it should be, didn't test it but it should all be working so let me know how you get on.

Link

Oh and I'm a little curious how you got your refuel script working, since it's not called in the init at all?

Well in Reality there's already a compiles.sqf in either server pbo or code pbo so i did the changes there as per instructions... i did try the 1st time doing everything on the mission file and it did not work, probably the version i have sent is the latest try i did... i'll try you file, if you need a copy of server or code they are also on the ftp server.
ftp://ar4uall.dyndns.org/dayz_code.rar
ftp://ar4uall.dyndns.org/dayz_server.rar

Thanks again really appreciated !!

Back