Hoo-Rah!!! I finally got it working...
I restored my
..\MPMissions\ folder back to the original (default) settings, took a deep breath, soaked in everything that I had read online, and tried it again. Keeping in mind that 'THIS HAS TO BE REALLY SIMPLE", I was finally able to get it working. I kinda feel like an idiot now. LOL But hey! Atleast I got it working... I do want to thank Squadron_2 (from dayzcc.org) and Wookieman for their time, and for putting up with my stupidity. and of coarse Krixes for the actual script(s).
I will post what I did (to get the self-bloodbag feature working) later this evening. Just a hint... Attention to detail is paramount!
HOW TO INSTALL
*using the standard DayZ Mod 1.8.0.3 and DayZ Control Center 5.9.4.1
STEP 1.) MODIFY THE INIT.SQF FILE
The first thing I did was modify the
init.sqf file that resides in my
../MPMissions/ folder. I opened it up and added in the required //LOAD IN COMPILE FUNCTIONS. I placed them right after the include function (#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\mission\init.sqf").
// LOAD IN COMPILED FUNCTIONS
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";
progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\compiles.sqf";
fnc_usec_selfActions = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\fn_selfActions.sqf";
progressLoadingScreen 1.0;
* Be sure to note the items in red and pay close attention to the folder names.
STEP 2.) CREATE THE NECESSARY FOLDERS
Go into your
/MPMissions/ folder and create (2) subfolders; one called '
custom' and another called '
scripts'. Make them all lowercase!!! Do not capitalize the first letter or it will not work...
STEP 3.) CREATE A SIMPLE COMPILES.SQF FILE
Open up notepad, and then copy and pasted the following:
fnc_usec_selfActions = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\fn_selfActions.sqf";
// fnc_usec_selfActions - adds custom actions to the dayz code
Save it as
compiles.sqf, and then put it in the
/custom/ folder you just created.
STEP 4.) EXTRACT THE FN_SELFACTIONS.SQF FILE
NOTE: You will need a .PBO manager to do this step. I used CPBO from Arma Tools. It doesn't have a GUI or anything fancy but it worked great for me...
a.) Using CPBO, go ahead and unpack the dayz_code.pbo.
b.) Copy the
fn_selfActions.sqf file that resides in the
/dayz_code/compile/ folder
c.) Paste it into the
/scripts/ folder you just created.
STEP 5.) MODIFY THE FN_SELFACTIONS.SQF FILE
Using notepad, open up the
fn_selfActions.sqf file (the one that is in your
/scripts/ folder), and then copy and paste the following lines of code:
// -----------Beginning of Krixes Self Bloodbag-------------------------
_mags = magazines player;
// Krixes Self Bloodbag
if ("ItemBloodbag" in _mags) then {
hasBagItem = true;
} else { hasBagItem = false;};
if((speed player <= 1) && hasBagItem && _canDo) then {
if (s_player_selfBloodbag < 0) then {
s_player_selfBloodbag = player addaction[("<t color=""#c70000"">" + ("Self Bloodbag") +"</t>"),"scripts\player_selfbloodbag.sqf","",5,false,true,"", ""];
};
} else {
player removeAction s_player_selfBloodbag;
s_player_selfBloodbag = -1;
};
// -----------End of Krixes Self Bloodbag-------------------------------
Paste it immediately after the line that reads:
_canDo = (!r_drag_sqf and !r_player_unconscious and !_onLadder);
STEP 6.) DOWNLOAD THE PLAYER_SELFBLOODBAG.SQF FILE
Go here:
http://opendayz.net/threads/krixes-self-bloodbag-script.12288/
and download the
player_selfbloodbag.sqf file (the link to download it is located at the bottom of the page). Once the file has been downloaded, copy and paste it directly into your
/scripts/ folder.
STEP 7.) CUSTOMIZE YOUR SELF-BLOODBAG EXPERIENCE (OPTIONAL)
Using notepad, open up the
player_selfbloodbag.sqf file (the one that is now in your
/scripts/ folder), and customize the options however you like.