Needing Assistance with InfiStar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased the $40 InfiStar AntiHack/Admin Tool bundle from the official site a few months ago. Within the first two weeks or so I recieved 2 or 3 updates which brought me up to Update 321. This was sometime back in February, I forget the exact day. I have not recieved an email update since and I check of the website shows that they are currently on Update 329! I know that the update I have is vunerable to attack and as the days go by the risk grows more and more. We've had a couple idiots get on but thankfully our player network is close and we were able to get things under control quickly before major damage was done. We rely on the tools to help with our large player base as we are under staffed. I sent an email to the one listed on the website listing dates, codes, and all information I could gather sometime last month and while new updates have gone out since then I have not received a response. The shop doesn't have any sort of log-in that would let me manually retreive the updates, everything is through email. How can I get ahold of them??? I've had too pay twice for this tool since Vilayer screwed us over and left us to hang, now this. We just want to run our server as effectively as we can.

You can download the tool straight from their site.
The links are here:
http://blurgaming.com/antihack.php

EDIT: Didn't check, I'm assuming you bought it from Blur. Otherwise Infistar offers the downloads from his page, dayzantihack.com

We got it from Dayzantihack.com and they don't have the downloads on the page. All they have is the option to purchase ANOTHER $40 bundle. There's no way to log in to an account or show proof of purchase and get the latest update. I've torn his site apart a thousand times looking for that. =[

Just took a peek at his site, and I was amazed to find he actually doesn't have a download link.... That's the official page hosted by Infistar himself. I know that personally his response time to emails is generally fast, so my best suggestion would be to send another email asking for the download link (and to be signed back up for the mailing list).
Best of luck to you!

Just took a peek at his site, and I was amazed to find he actually doesn't have a download link.... That's the official page hosted by Infistar himself. I know that personally his response time to emails is generally fast, so my best suggestion would be to send another email asking for the download link (and to be signed back up for the mailing list).
Best of luck to you!
Thanks so much for the quick replies. I'm typing up an email right now. Fingers and toes crossed that it works! I'll feel so much better knowing we don't have the backdoor wide open. ><

Well i can only talk from my experience and in that he remains as a very very competent scripter, a very nice guy who likes to help out people and i can only recommend his tool and his assistance in anything that has to do with Dayz scripting.

never said he wasn't competent, his ability is obvious by the script itself. just saying that at least 2 paying customers have been ignored completely when requesting help on base building being blocked. One gave up waiting after 10 days and switched to Dami's antihack which isn't blocking base building.

I have no personal experience since IMHO, admins who use 'admin tools' are just as guilty as players who use 'player tools' to teleport, spawn in stuff etc. But I have helped people lately with their servers and it seems that infistar is a problem for almost everything. maybe thats a good thing in antihacks, means its thoroughly stopping all suspicious events.

and since there are a bunch of statements in the Base Buildig 1.3 post that infistar is blocking bulding, there are LOTS of customers who are not getting the support they expected.

They are buying an antihack tool. If they want to include custom mods like base building they should know what they are doing and if so there is plenty of possibilities on how to get stuff whitelisted in the AH or they can write their own stuff in it that excludes part of the AH if they want.
Then to the part where you accuse admins of using powers.... i wonder how you run populated servers without them then....

I have run a server for a year and a half or more, at one time we had 3 at the same time. I want to know how the ability of admins to teleport, spawn in vehicles, drug players, spawn in weapons crates, etc adds even a little bit to the running of a server. I believe players should actually play the game and not rely on admins to do stuff for them. Minimal interference.

And we whitelisted everything, and base building just wont work. I did narrow it down to somewhere in the first 2600 lines of code in ah.sqf but then decided that I wasn't getting paid enough to find the problem. I have been notified that an update has been released so, maybe its fixed.

btw: very nice website

Same for me bro running 2 servers right now and they are going well :p I just wanted to say that it might be problematic to test stuff and fix it again without these abilities. Also i use the tool as a remote execution for a lot of stuff that i need (like triggered events and cleanups and such). I think it is a great tool, but as such of course it needs to be used wisely.. For example our admins have not all access to that tool but are limited to teleports from Epoch traderzone to traderzone (pple meet them there for suggestions mainly and the teleports are limited to 10 every hour.) That of course requires skills that not everybody has and so i think it is a very good (when often abused, you are right) solution for every server.
And thx for the compliment for the website, it is still a work in progress though

I've always run Epoch servers, so I have no idea what base building is (am I stupid?) but, assuming its a mod for vanilla DayZ, can't you just run Epoch instead?

is the problem that the dialogs dont work? cause i had that problem with infistar and my custom spawn selection screen i derived of one of those spawn selection scripts floating around...

I've always run Epoch servers, so I have no idea what base building is (am I stupid?) but, assuming its a mod for vanilla DayZ, can't you just run Epoch instead?
Yes you could. If you wanted Epoch. And lots of people are running BB1.3 with Epoch because its better than the epoch building .. so they tell me anyways, I have never built anything in epoch

Chris got back to be super fast. I think the issue had to do with my fiance's email which is where the original email was sent and where the tool was purchased from. The next morning I woke up to several emails from him several including updates. We are so very happy to have the tool upgraded and are VERY excited about the new upgrades! The new donor boxes will be wonderful for our players!

Also, we have used Infistar for over 6 months if you include the Vilayer mess and we have had no issues with script compatability. I check scripts and comments before implimenting them and usually wait a week after scripts are released. We had Building Snap, Self Bloodbag, Tow/Lift, Auto Refuel, Refuel/Repair Station, Evac Heli, DZMS, WAI, Welcome Messages, Master Key, Safe Zones at Traders, and a bunch more that I can't think of now cause I'm sleepy lol.

Anyways, thank you guys so much! =]

Chris got back to be super fast. I think the issue had to do with my fiance's email which is where the original email was sent and where the tool was purchased from. The next morning I woke up to several emails from him several including updates. We are so very happy to have the tool upgraded and are VERY excited about the new upgrades! The new donor boxes will be wonderful for our players!

Also, we have used Infistar for over 6 months if you include the Vilayer mess and we have had no issues with script compatability. I check scripts and comments before implimenting them and usually wait a week after scripts are released. We had Building Snap, Self Bloodbag, Tow/Lift, Auto Refuel, Refuel/Repair Station, Evac Heli, DZMS, WAI, Welcome Messages, Master Key, Safe Zones at Traders, and a bunch more that I can't think of now cause I'm sleepy lol.

Anyways, thank you guys so much! =]

Glad you got it ironed out.

is the problem that the dialogs dont work? cause i had that problem with infistar and my custom spawn selection screen i derived of one of those spawn selection scripts floating around...

Thats what I think it is. But apparently he emailed an update out that should fix it with base building.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back