Official Release Thread for Version 2.0.1 [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah we understand this and we will think of a solution.
I think it would be cool if, for guns that use external magazines, you could find a magazine with 1 bullet in and you could then add bullets to it. For guns with internal magazines - Winchester, shotguns, (Mosin Nagant?) if picking one up added a clip to your toolbelt that matched the weapon (15 for the Winchester, 2 for the shotgun, 5 for the Mosin). Or if you could limit the number of magazines you could carry for these weapons to 1 that you could never put in a backpack. Then maybe add the ability to combine single bullets into a bag that can hold, say, 10 max.

The only limit to the amount of mags you can carry should be pack space just like in real life. Finding one round at a time, or a couple is great. I love this change. Its just unrealistic I can't add bullets into my mag, or into the gun. A winchester would hold 15 rounds internally and then I would have a box of shells. The m16 would be the same way except a bunch of mags instead of boxes. If you start limiting the amount of mags people can carry then you take away the reward of surviving longer. It is realistic from both a realism standpoint and game play standpoint the longer one survives the more that person would have in supplies. Eventually he would have to store his stuff in a tent/locker or something, but let the player decide what and how much he carries. Placing limits on a player is a slippery slope. Especially when you think about unintended consequences. Lets brain storm for a second. Lets say you can carry only that maximum of 1 you speak of. How would you then trade extra ammo to players? The new loot system is great, and with the ability to combine rounds someway would be perfect. I feel like it balances the fun/realism perfectly and still allows for the player to decide what/how they want to play.

You mean the pack you managed to stuff a car engine into... that the pack you're talking about? ;)

Some guns of the guns don't use external mags... meaning, you have to manually load the gun to capacity. It's unrealistic to be able to carry Winchester or shotgun magazines because they don't exist... the magazine is a part of the weapon and, I'm not sure, but I think the same is true of the Mosin. 1 gun/1 magazine. I proposed a bag of bullets, but the idea is you would never find a full box of shells... not 5 years on... You'd find single bullets. And what's unrealistic is finding 30 bullets and magically making them into a magazine. I don't think you should be able to put bullets into magazines if you don't have a magazine. If you don't have a mag, you have to fire single bullets and reload after every shot (even if you have a bag of bullets); if you find a mag, you can make use of the semi-auto ability of the gun. The only guns for which this wouldn't be true are those that use an internal magazine. And you can trade a bag of bullets so, I don't know what you're talking about.

Better yet. Here's an idea for those guns that use external mags. The magazines spawn with between 1 and 5 bullets (random) and you can then find and add single bullets up to the max capacity of the mag. It would be great if mags were an item that didn't disappear when used up, too - though, I don't know how you do that in the code. You could then collect, fill up and trade automatic rifle mags.

Love your mod but the new single bullet ammo kills it for me. I don't mind looting individual bullets. Not having the ability combine them though ruins the game play experience. From both a realism standpoint, and game play. All of the weapons currently in the game have mags. There aren't any bolt action rifles without them currently in the game. Keep up the good work but I encourage you to rethink the bullet ammo drops if you can't give us the ability to combine rounds.
I agree, not being able to combine rounds into 1 mag is not very appealing. If you guys can make it like the quivers in 1.7.6 it would be amazing.

I also agree that finding a way to combine rounds is a great idea... it's just a matter of finding a good way to implement that. Quivers is great for the crossbow. Adding single bullets to magazines is great for Stanag rounds. A bag is great for other bullets/pellets. I think finding a way to emulate the internal magazines would be great for those guns that make use of them.

It's possible to fire a single bullet from an M16, so... it would be cool to be able to use single bullets without magazines... it would just require reloading after every shot - as it currently does with quivers and crossbows in vanilla 1.7.6.1.

This would add some variety in terms of game play and, if magazines are really rare (maybe more rare than bandages ;) ), it might encourage some trading/theivery in order to get full use of the semi-auto nature of the gun.

Well it looks like we are all on common ground about one issue. The merging of ammo so each bullet doesn't take up an item slot. I agree on the internal capacity of a gun for a weapon such as the winchester. I think why its called a winchester mag is because of the engines limitation. It really should renamed to a box of shells, or bag, or something similar. No need to rehash it because I think really we are all on the same page just explaining it different ways.

Yeah... I just think with a bag/box... you should need to reload after every shot (like the way the quiver works)... if you have a mag, you wouldn't until the mag is empty. That would be the benefit of having a mag over simply a collection of single bullets... makes it interesting.

Quick question:

My buddies server is running 2.0 on a Vilayer server, so:

Are craftable bolts available on 2.0?
What do I need to craft them and if there a specific menu?

Thanks to anyone able to answer.

Release Notes for DayZ2017 V2.0.1

Download the mod folder and PBO's from here.

Download v2.0.1 Client Files (Thanks to Pwnoz0r for getting this up in super quick time)

Launchers:

V2.0.1 is also available on DayZ Commander (Pending) and Play with Six

Server Releases:

Reality

Hello,

Blaine P. from DayZ.ST here :)

I checked the Reality GitHub and it appears that the map is still based on 1.7.4.4
Is this accurate?

If so, are there any updates to the original 2017 SQL?

I'm working to upgrade 2017 on all our servers as soon as possible and just needed to check this as we're currently running a custom build system forked from bliss and reality and you didn't release a generic mission and server PBO that I'd normally use to put together a package.

I also spoke to Josh about possibly pushing 2.0.1 to our CDN and DayZCommander soon.

Hello,

Blaine P. from DayZ.ST here :)

I checked the Reality GitHub and it appears that the map is still based on 1.7.4.4
Is this accurate?

If so, are there any updates to the original 2017 SQL?

I'm working to upgrade 2017 on all our servers as soon as possible and just needed to check this as we're currently running a custom build system forked from bliss and reality and you didn't release a generic mission and server PBO that I'd normally use to put together a package.

I also spoke to Josh about possibly pushing 2.0.1 to our CDN and DayZCommander soon.
Hi, good to hear from you :)

Yes, we are currently still based on 1.7.4.4, but we are planning on upgrading in future versions (partially; just taking features we'd like in 2017 from the DayZ code. We won't be putting in everything and the architecture may be significantly different when the time comes.)

And yes, there are updates to the SQL. Since we have a sleep system in place now, we have a seperate field for this in the database. This needed us to create a new HiveExt.dll (in the Reality repo under util/HiveExt_2017.dll). Also, new vehicles and their spawnpoints have been added. Using the new format of the worldname (dayz2017.chernarus), the vehicle IDs changed, this results in having to at least delete all vehicles that are on the server.
Reality-specific SQL code is located in Reality Repo/schema/Reality2017/mysql/0.01.

The server code has been changed significantly since last update and can be viewed at Reality Repo/pkgs/pkg1744/world/dayz2017.chernarus.
Two notes: this only contains changes to some files in the DayZ 1.7.4.4 servercode, it does not contain all files. (for the other files, see Reality Repo/util/dayz_server_1744 and Reality Repo/pkgs/pkg1744/reality).
Another note is that there is currently a bug in the server code relating to character saving, which is being fixed ASAP. (see: http://www.opendayz.net/threads/2-0-worldspace-save-issu.9312/)

Our mission files are located in Reality Repo/missions/mission1744/world/dayz2017.chernarus.

It would also be great if Josh could push 2.0.1 to Commander, we've been trying to make him push the new version to it. (he has pushed out 2.0 already, but our hotfix he hasn't applied yet as far as I know)

Feel free to contact me on any matters you need to know regarding the server code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back