Origins Server?

Really need to figure out my timecycle. Day is quick as hell it seems. I have my server to reboot every 5hrs, but the messages are not even showing-- I think my daycycle is maybe two hours, max. Not sure what's going on with it.

What was wrong with crash sites that the 3hr fixes?

Anyone see anything wrong with this that we are not getting the messages?

<job id="3">
<time>034500</time>
<delay>000000</delay>
<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
<loop>1</loop>
<cmd>say -1 Server will do a scheduled restart in 15 minutes. You can find us again by filtering for US 106 or TPG</cmd>
<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>
</job>

<job id="4">
<time>035000</time>
<delay>000000</delay>
<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
<loop>1</loop>
<cmd>say -1 Server will do a scheduled restart in 10 minutes. We will be back shortly. You can find us again by filtering for US 106 or TPG. Please be ready to logoff.</cmd>
<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>
</job>

<job id="5">
<time>035500</time>
<delay>000000</delay>
<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
<loop>1</loop>
<cmd>say -1 Server will do a scheduled restart in 5 minutes. Please get to a safe spot and log out. You can find us again by filtering for US 106 or TPG</cmd>
<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>
</job>

Anyone see anything wrong with this that we are not getting the messages?
i found out that after a time all the messages you or bec or any other admintool send to the server are not shown ingame anymore...
the crazy thing here is they are not shown ingame... but they appear in the serverlogs and are also shown in dart or tsw for example too
i dont know after which exact time this happens... but it happens every day on our servers too...

i guess its a bug of the arma serverfiles itself... because if it would be a bug in BEC then the messages i send with dart/tsw should work...

i found out that after a time all the messages you or bec or any other admintool send to the server are not shown ingame anymore...
the crazy thing here is they are not shown ingame... but they appear in the serverlogs and are also shown in dart or tsw for example too
i dont know after which exact time this happens... but it happens every day on our servers too...

i guess its a bug of the arma serverfiles itself... because if it would be a bug in BEC then the messages i send with dart/tsw should work...

Our admin tool does it all the time with no issues, so it may be related to the application.

but like i said... when the bec messages arent shown anymore also i cant send any messages through any rcon tool... doesnt matter which rcon tool it is...
and the messages are still written in the logfiles... or shown in the rcon tool... but not ingame...

so i guess its not application related...

Pain, I had this error. "ERROR 1305 (42000): FUNCTION dayzorigins.rndspawn does not exist."

Fixed it buy running this in Mysql CLI.

Code:
mysql> SET GLOBAL log_bin_trust_function_creators = 1

See if that works for you?

Fixed it.
Had to manually run a .sql script located at the bottom of the file.
Code:
DROP FUNCTION IF EXISTS `rndspawn`;
DELIMITER ;;
CREATE DEFINER=`root`@`localhost` FUNCTION `rndspawn`(`chance` double) RETURNS tinyint(1)
BEGIN

DECLARE bspawn tinyint(1) DEFAULT 0;

IF (RAND() <= chance) THEN
SET bspawn = 1;
END IF;

RETURN bspawn;

END
;;
DELIMITER ;

Ok so for the very first step using MajorPainage's directions.

It says:
  • Import \sqlfile\dayz_origins.sql into your database
I am using NaviCat and tryin to import this, but do I need to first make a new database called something like dayzorigins? And then for importing, with NaviCat it asks how I should import your data, like which format would I like? I don't see a .sql or anything to choose. Which format do I choose to import this in?

Ok so for the very first step using MajorPainage's directions.

It says:
  • Import \sqlfile\dayz_origins.sql into your database
I am using NaviCat and tryin to import this, but do I need to first make a new database called something like dayzorigins? And then for importing, with NaviCat it asks how I should import your data, like which format would I like? I don't see a .sql or anything to choose. Which format do I choose to import this in?

Do you have a mysql database created somewhere? I use WAMP myself. Same as using phpmyadmin in cPanel but you create the databases and users in the same area of the panel.

Do you have a mysql database created somewhere? I use WAMP myself. Same as using phpmyadmin in cPanel but you create the databases and users in the same area of the panel.

Well I am giving this a go using Vilayer...but they allow you full access to all your files, etc;

I have created a database simply called dayzorigins. I am using NaviCat (as I can't use phpmyadmin). So....I am trying to import that file, mentioned in MajorPainages directions.

Tryin to figure out how to 'import' it and which 'file type' I should use.

What I mean is, everything MySQL setup wise is good to go, I am beyond that step. I am connected to my MySQL Database...and within that I have create a database called dayzorigins. I am tryin to 'import' that file he mentioned to start things off. Do I import it my clicking on tables? views? functions? events? queries? reports? backups? ....that sort of thing.

-Edit: Nevermind, I think I got it. I just right clicked on my dayzorigins database and clicked execute sql file.

gravecross is working with the server_cleanup fix

ok this works so far... but we encountered another bug...
if i come across a gravecross of another player i can destroy it... no problem...
and another and another and another... everything works...
but... if i kill a npc (heli crew or sector b guards) and destroy one of their gravecrosses
i can destroy the one... but the destroy gravecross option would not be removed from the scrollmenu
and i cant destroy any other cross then... no player gravecross and no npc gravecross

init = /*%FSM<STATEINIT""">*/"private[""_safety"",""_lastjipupdate"",""_lastupdate"",""_lastsync"",""_skipValue"",""_skipTime"",""_method"",""_i"",""_night"",""_nightValue"",""_nightSkip"",""_num"",""_skipv""];" \n
"_lastjipupdate = time;" \n
"_lastupdate = time;" \n
"_lastsync = time;" \n
"" \n
"_skipValue = _this select 0;" \n
"_method = _this select 1;" \n
"_night = _this select 2;" \n
"" \n
"if(_night) then" \n
"{" \n
"if(count _this > 3) then" \n
"{" \n
"_nightValue = _this select 3;" \n
"}" \n
"else" \n
"{" \n
"_nightValue = (_skipValue)*2;" \n
"};" \n
"" \n

So.. if I have:
[3,true,true,5] execFSM "core_time.fsm";

That means the nightvalue that it is pulling from is the third item in, which is the 'true'

Correct? This means it isn't pulling the last value at all, which is the 5. This is why night stalls.

Ok I reread the instructions and missed part of it.
Skip 5 minutes, use setDate, enable faster night cycle (no params) making time at night go by 10 instead of 5.
[5,true,true] execFSM "core_time.fsm";

Skip 5 minutes, uses setDate, enable Night Cycle (with params) making time at night go by 7 instead of 5.
[5,true,true,7] execFSM "core_time.fsm";

So if no last number but fast night=true, then night goes double the day speed.
Fast night=true, day 5 and night 10.

If you add the 4th value, which above is 7, days are 5 and night is 7.

The skipping clouds-- ie, what? if set to false, then the clouds will skip quickly correct-- or will it remove them entirely, thus making nights bright as hell?

Any way to make the debug monitor count players online as ones in lobby as well-- and any way to add zombie kills to this cortez?

Where does it detect what time night starts at? I think it starts later in, like around 8-- whereas I'd like to configure it--ie night, as dusk, so say 5pm.

What of the weather? Other default origins servers night is bright, whereas mine has clouds and the like. I did bypass this by disabling dynamicweather entirely, thus making it bright as hell. Anyone else have any idea as to how to have the weather/clouds during the day but have none of that post, say, 5pm?

Thanks.

If second value is set to false, the clouds move smoothly.

For dawn and dusk, look in the variables.sqf (NOTE: there are 2 of these and not sure which or if both are used)

Look for:

Code:
//DayZ settings
dayz_dawn = 6;
dayz_dusk = 18;

So what're you running at now? I'll try to play with these settings some, since my dusk is at like 4pm.
[3,true,true,5] execFSM "core_time.fsm";

at the above, day from 8a-4p takes only two hours it seems. Not sure as to why here.

Curiously, how is everyones loot spawns at say, some of the towers, the prison, etc?

They are spawning zip for me. i would think they'd spawn military but they are not. The prison is completely useless, as are some of these 'barracks' that are military-- not the regular chernarus ones but the lighter tan ones.

Back