Origins Server?

Has anyone set up an Origins server? I see that Reality has it listed, was wondering if anyone has done it and gotten it to work.

Also curious to know. I'm going to try building it tomorrow. I'd happily leave the entire mess behind but my players are begging me. :) We shall see..

I got it up and running last night, for the most part. I just need a world_id and entries for vehicles / world_vehicle. Then I think mine is ready.

I downloaded @DayZOrigins from DayZ Commander and used what was in the most recent github (as of yesterday evening) to build it. So far everything seems to work. I logged in and got to the lobby but ran out of time last night to test much more.

So I believe I used the files as is.

Ahh, yeah you won't get much farther then that actually. The have mashed together a series of crap that bombs the server out if it's "hacked" which in this case would be . I have a series of fixes that can be placed server side to at least get you in game, but you don't die properly atm. The security features were laughable and no more then an annoyance at best to emulate the server side with. The last step will be to replace/add to the server side keys so that the client is signed. Without these anyone can join with modded files.

Wow, glad I know all of that now before I went back to working on it tonight. I think you just saved me a good number of hours of tearing my hair out.

So, all said and done, is it possible to get a playable version of Origins or is that still being worked on?

Wow, glad I know all of that now before I went back to working on it tonight. I think you just saved me a good number of hours of tearing my hair out.

So, all said and done, is it possible to get a playable version of Origins or is that still being worked on?

Its still being worked on. One thing I do not like is having to leave the server with signatures turned off. You could always password protect it or white list the server at that point, but still leaves you open for hacking purposes.

I run all of my servers password protected, and try to keep everything secure. I'd love to see Origins up and running and while I am sure you hear this a lot if there is anything I can do to assist I'd love to help wherever I can.

Its still being worked on. One thing I do not like is having to leave the server with signatures turned off. You could always password protect it or white list the server at that point, but still leaves you open for hacking purposes.

really nice,
i could live with that. (for my small -old- privat Group) .
you both, thanks!

Step 1 complete! Create work around for the crap that they added WITHOUT making a single change to the client files.
Step 2 complete! http://abighole.hngamers.com/1zwWI?do=download nitce the verifySignatures is set to 2 ;)
Step 3 pending! finish emulation of the serverside for the client mod
Step 4 pending! Don't profit!
Step 5 complete! Tell Origins creators to stick it, since server emulation is not illegal in any country in the world.

Step 2 link dead.

Control panel when creating files in deploy, it uses @Taviana in the restarter as opposed to @DayzOrigins
Major, that wasn't a step to install, just what I had been working on. Frankly, I really do not want to give Origins any more publicity then it already has. I have steps to create this if you like so you can continue any work I have done to it.

ok so i have found the unofficial server files. i am trying to get it to work but i dont know what to do. i dont know what bliss is. i looked for a folder named bliss but i cant find any thing. im guessing bliss are special files. so this is what the read me says. the ones with the asterisk is the ones i don't understand.
* Take a standard current version of Bliss (for 1.7.4.4 DayZ) and just slap
dayz_1.tavi.pbo in as the mission, and the dayz_server.pbo as the server .pbo.

Get some vehicles in your vehicle table. You can use DayZLand.EU's 1.5 vehicle
list:

https://github.com/p-schneider/DayZ-Private/tree/master/schema/Bliss/mysql

* Slap some DayZ 2017 look-alikes into your database. These are the class names:

rth_copter_green
rth_copter_yellow
rth_raft
rth_raft_small
rth_ScrapApc
rth_ScrapBuggy
rth_scrapbus
(Im guessing files that are named the ones above this.)

* Don't forget to put Pink SUV's next to your survivor vehicles.

* If you have your own Bliss server .pbo, you can use server_playerLogin.sqf to fix
that up. Otherwise you can ignore it and just use the .pbo's.

yeah i have my own dayz server. but dont know what bliss is.

ok so i have found the unofficial server files. i am trying to get it to work but i dont know what to do. i dont know what bliss is. i looked for a folder named bliss but i cant find any thing. im guessing bliss are special files. so this is what the read me says. the ones with the asterisk is the ones i don't understand.

yeah i have my own dayz server. but dont know what bliss is.

Bliss = Reality, it was the name of the server package prior to me taking over.

Back