Origins Server?

I did try run Cortez files for 1hour but my servers FPS got so low everyone started to rubberband (29players with 3-4fps) i had 5-7fps with my old files with 50players and no rubberbanding, i dont get this... its so wierd... I VOTE FOR GITHUB!

Not sure if this was covered in Cortez's files or not, or if anyone else is seeing the problem, but does anyone else experience an insane amount of Patient Zero spawns? Any idea how to fix that?

Also, any way to make the zombies a little easier to kill? Some of them seem down right immortal.

Not sure if this was covered in Cortez's files or not, or if anyone else is seeing the problem, but does anyone else experience an insane amount of Patient Zero spawns? Any idea how to fix that?

Also, any way to make the zombies a little easier to kill? Some of them seem down right immortal.

Cortez mentioned removing the headshot requirement.
Give em time.

I noticed it executes the "call pCleanup()" , is this suppose to fix destroyed vehicles within the server and have them respawn in their original spawn points?
it deletes vehicles with damage=1 and also deletes the urals in sector b and recreates them with the full loot inside. (there you can change the ural iventory too if you like to customize it). The DC3 gets delted and respawned as well.

I created my own server start script which spawns the vehicles, and updates your ban lists from CBL, DWARDEN, and your own personal banlist.

I tossed it up on Github: https://github.com/MajorPainage/OriginsStart
Would it be possible to put in a line that opens BEC after the server is started and also make BEC run that script after every restart?

Also, I got a couple of bugs with my Origins, the players are complaining about that there's a rollback in their location after restart, blood transfusions doesn't work and restoring health while sleeping doesn't work.

EDIT: HiveExt.dll crashes from time to time, anyone got a fix?

some more information would be handy, which files are you using? Is the sleep feature in tents in the base mod or have you tried adding that in your self?

Seems like all of the above are related. It works now, but every now and then, the HiveExt.dll crashes, shutting down the server. I can't seem to find what's wrong.

Are there anyone else who have problems with the HiveExt.dll?

I also got word from some of the players that houses they had for days just disappeared into thin air, while the houses 2 meters to the left of it is still there.

We had our locations change on the second day, but that was after applying the latest files and restarting. We just assumed it was related to updating the files.

I've noticed that if you log out and immediately shut down the server, the locations do not get updated and it can even teleport you. I've had to start waiting about 2-3 minutes between the last person logging out and shutting down the server to give it time to finalize writes to the database.

Would it be possible to put in a line that opens BEC after the server is started and also make BEC run that script after every restart?

Also, I got a couple of bugs with my Origins, the players are complaining about that there's a rollback in their location after restart, blood transfusions doesn't work and restoring health while sleeping doesn't work.

EDIT: HiveExt.dll crashes from time to time, anyone got a fix?

I added Bec start up.
I don't use Bec so hopefully it's ok.
Unable to test it.

This weekend, I will try to get this mod up on git.

I added Bec start up.
I don't use Bec so hopefully it's ok.
Unable to test it.

This weekend, I will try to get this mod up on git.
Thanks, I will test it now. Just a heads up, you don't need to stop BEC, since it stops itself when arma2oaserver.exe stops.

And one more thing, QUACK, would it be possible to kick every player after the 5 minute countdown to restart with the message "Server restarting... Up in 2 minutes" and then wait a minute before restarting, so that their location would be saved?

If you're using my server files just noticed a mistake and you may want to change this line in your variables.sqf

dayz_maxLocalZombies = 2000;

there is 1 to many 0's on the end >.< and may want to change it to something like 200 or do a little but of trail and error and find a number that works best for your server.

Can someone make a tuto to host a dedi server? I've been trying to make one for three days and I can not make it work.

If you're using my server files just noticed a mistake and you may want to change this line in your variables.sqf

dayz_maxLocalZombies = 2000;

there is 1 to many 0's on the end >.< and may want to change it to something like 200 or do a little but of trail and error and find a number that works best for your server.

the best calculation will be 20 zombies per player slot. Eg 40 Slots times 20 Zombies so put 800 zombies. I found out that if you set this value too low zombies and loot won´t spawn once all zombies are spawned. The max number of zombies per player comes from player_spawnCheck:

Code:
    case "NameCityCapital": {
        _maxZombies = 20;
    };

Same belongs probably to _maxZombies in player_spawnCheck.sqf

Back