Origins Server?

All the people with the "house-bug" you dont put it into the foundation then? because there is 2 storages after you have built your house done, foundation is still there and you can store stuff in it and it has the same name as the house storage.

My brother have had his house for 2 weeks soon and it have never despawned any loot in it.
But then he didnt put his shit into the foundation :D becuase when he first did build it he did that and was like "wtf why did it not save???" and after that restart he found out there was 2 storages in 1 house.

So he did put 1 soda into each and looked into it after the next restart and that storage with the only soda in it was the right one.

So ye, there is 2 storages in 1 house, is this really a problem or did you just put all your stuff in the wrong storage?

the 2 different storages are meant as a security feature. If you somehow manage to bug yourself into a house you can open gear but you will find just a empty one (temporary held in memory by the server until next restart). The "real" storage goes directly into the database and is only available while the house was openend with the correct password.
The bug with disappearing items seems to be a problem of wrong escaping PlayerNames like [clan]-player1 that sometimes causes the hive to write en empty inventory.

What's with everyone using different mysql?

I'm using mysql server 5.6 on my windows 2008 server. It does seem to use more RAM, but what's the advantage of the 5.5.6 versions people've been posting? Is it skinnier in terms of RAM usage (I imagine) or what?

Always looking for ways to increase performance.

Anyone know where the starting gear loadout comes from? Its not from a table in the DB so am assuming one of the Origins scripts has a default array of items however I cant seem to find where it comes from.

Would be nice to add a map at the very least to the initial fresh spawn loadout.

This is unfortunaltely configured in @DayzOrigins\dayz_code\config.cpp and therefore not easy to overwrite because it has to go the the client as well

Code:
class Inventory {
        class Default {
            //weapons[] = {"Makarov"};
            magazines[] = {"ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller","8Rnd_9x18_Makarov"};
            weapons[] = {"ItemFlashlight","Makarov"};
            backpackWeapon = "";
            backpack = "";
        };
    };

All the people with the "house-bug" you dont put it into the foundation then? because there is 2 storages after you have built your house done, foundation is still there and you can store stuff in it and it has the same name as the house storage.

My brother have had his house for 2 weeks soon and it have never despawned any loot in it.
But then he didnt put his shit into the foundation :D becuase when he first did build it he did that and was like "wtf why did it not save???" and after that restart he found out there was 2 storages in 1 house.

So he did put 1 soda into each and looked into it after the next restart and that storage with the only soda in it was the right one.

So ye, there is 2 storages in 1 house, is this really a problem or did you just put all your stuff in the wrong storage?

Thats not my issue, i have noticed that once, that i player went in to his house and it was gone, but the DB had stuff in it. He looked again and then he saw everything. So i think that was the "bug" with the foundation inventory.

But i had several times that the real inventory went empty. In the database and in the game. So, its not just the foundation there. About 5-10 times this have hapend in 3 days.

Would there be a problem to setting the time to custom or local with the 4hr cycle? I'm somewhat worried as I want to do 4hr reboots. After three hours loot starts to not spawn as often. The server I run this on is a beast and it doesn't make a lot of sense to me as to why it'd be that.
Intel Xeon E31270V2 @ 3.50GHZ with 16gb of RAM.

Would there be a problem to setting the time to custom or local with the 4hr cycle? I'm somewhat worried as I want to do 4hr reboots. After three hours loot starts to not spawn as often. The server I run this on is a beast and it doesn't make a lot of sense to me as to why it'd be that.
Bad files, my loot spawns and i run 4hours but day 24/7.

Anyone notice houses get broken when fuel isnt set to 0?

Yep that's why I posted it like that :D I've even had errors with the server starting because it wasn't structured right with either the fuel or other variables not set properly. Later ill post the other two hero houses and their variables. Also i should probably note that my server files come from the original ones that I pulled off of some Russian forums a few days after they were leaked. Later I will post my entire set of files including my backup database. My Alienware spazzed so I had to restore it so I apologize for not posting much lately.

As far as the house bug goes when I've done it I unlock the house, go in, deposit the items, go out and lock, and it seems to work perfect. I think it does have to deal with the odd character names and saving in the DB. I'll test it at some point this week.

As far as loot it still seems to work fine save for grocery stores and some apartments, it seems to not want to load/spawn as quickly as other buildings but hospitals, churches, and most houses seem to be fine.

I've had problems with custom and local time settings. I haven't gotten to test it yet but since I've been doing server tests I placed it as static at 8. In theory whenever the server restarts it should start at 8a, with the time acceleration it should run through the proper day cycle...in theory.

Pain, doesn't the bathmobile need to exist in the object_classes as well in order to be spawning in?

Does this not include the AI for salvation city, etc?

Looking through I don't see any references to the AI at all. Are people getting around this somehow, ie, sarge's AI or?

how to disable a bot? so try to change the server onPlayerDisconnect.sqf
/ / diag_log format ["BOTLOG spawn disco_playerMorph:% 1 (% 2)% 3", _object, _playerID, _characterID];
/ / [_object, _playerID, _characterID, 30] spawn disco_playerMorph;
_id = [_playerID, _characterID, 2] spawn dayz_recordLogin;
does not help he is still created

I just made en upgrade on my linux MySQL server to debian 7 and mysql 5.5.31-0+wheezy1

The import works great now :)

Will try to run the gameserver on it tomorrow.
How did you guys lower the spawn time and the "bot" time?
How can we prevent combatloggers now?

in dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf
Code:
if(_timeOut == 600) then { Origins_connect = true; }; //60sec
set to 1 for the waitingtime on connect

and in dayz_server\compile\disco_playerMorph.sqf
Code:
while { _doLoop < 40 && !_isDead } do
set to 2 for the disco bot

in dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf
Code:
if(_timeOut == 60) then { Origins_connect = true; }; //60sec
set to 1 for the waitingtime on connect

and in dayz_server\compile\disco_playerMorph.sqf
Code:
while { _doLoop < 40 && !_isDead } do
set to 2 for the disco bot

my says 600 and not 60?
if(_timeOut == 600) then { Origins_connect = true; }; //60sec

alright... its 600... was my mistake...
just set it to 1 and your waitingtime has gone...

You have to run the pMain function to spawn vehicles.

Did you get errors when importing the sql? did you get a permissions message?
If so, import it as 'root' user.

Ok i tried that it still said no permission or missing super permission. I waited and it finally worked. Thanks you so much for your help.

Back