Origins Server?

Yes please, would really appreciate that.
Open player_spawn_2.sqf
Comment out :
Code:
    /* //reset position
    _randomSpot = true;
    _tempPos = getPosATL player;
    _distance = _debug distance _tempPos;
    if (_distance < 150) then {
        _randomSpot = false;
    };    

_distance = [0,0,0] distance _tempPos;
    if (_distance < 100) then {
        _randomSpot = false;
    };
    _distance = _mylastPos distance _tempPos;
    if (_distance > 400) then {
        _randomSpot = false;
    };

if (_randomSpot) then {
        _mylastPos = _tempPos;
    };

dayz_mylastPos = _mylastPos;
    dayz_areaAffect = _size; */

Hi Guys,

First off, this thread is brilliant, following the instructions in the GIT Hub and the comments from the various users here I have managed to deploy a fully functioning Origins server with automatic reboot cycles and DaRT remote administration. I knew nothing of SQL nor DAYZ Servers before 5 days ago.... Thanks to you all!

I have a few niggling issues that seem to have been brushed upon but not really resolved yet....

• Loot does not despawn no matter how far you run. Only loot that has been picked up will be refreshed. I am having to do a 4 hour reboot cycle to stop the cities being full of tin cans.
  • Items are being wiped from houses on server reboot. I do not believe that I am having the issue where people are storing their items in their foundations. This happened to me and I'm pretty sure I did not do this. (This has been discussed many times but as far as I can see in the 53 pages here there has not yet been working fix to this yet).
  • Dr Ivan is included in most zombie waves that spawn. (Again cannot see a solid fix for this in here, only many people with the same issue).
On the other hand their are many issues here that I don't seem to have also....
If there are fixes in the forums to the points listed that I have overlooked please provide me a link :).

If
I wouldnt recommend the github files there a laggy and bad imo.
If you are so good and wonderfull, why won't you send some pull request on github and help us patch the file to have a unified version of the community origin servers?

I really start to get pissed by the people of your kind! We hate GP because they do not want to give back to the community......................................................................................
I really start to wonder why this forums is called opendayz!

Hi Guys,

First off, this thread is brilliant, following the instructions in the GIT Hub and the comments from the various users here I have managed to deploy a fully functioning Origins server with automatic reboot cycles and DaRT remote administration. I knew nothing of SQL nor DAYZ Servers before 5 days ago.... Thanks to you all!

I have a few niggling issues that seem to have been brushed upon but not really resolved yet....

• Loot does not despawn no matter how far you run. Only loot that has been picked up will be refreshed. I am having to do a 4 hour reboot cycle to stop the cities being full of tin cans.
  • Items are being wiped from houses on server reboot. I do not believe that I am having the issue where people are storing their items in their foundations. This happened to me and I'm pretty sure I did not do this. (This has been discussed many times but as far as I can see in the 53 pages here there has not yet been working fix to this yet).
  • Dr Ivan is included in most zombie waves that spawn. (Again cannot see a solid fix for this in here, only many people with the same issue).
On the other hand their are many issues here that I don't seem to have also....
If there are fixes in the forums to the points listed that I have overlooked please provide me a link :).

Liked your post until you said you used DaRT >.<

Okay, after not getting any answers, I try again.

Does anyone have a fix for arma2oaserver.exe crashing? It seems to be caused by HiveExt.DLL

EDIT: Usually happens at night with no players on.
I haven't had that problem yet. Could try re-installing the files again to see if that clears it up.

If
If you are so good and wonderfull, why won't you send some pull request on github and help us patch the file to have a unified version of the community origin servers?

I really start to get pissed by the people of your kind! We hate GP because they do not want to give back to the community......................................................................................
i dont know how to use GitHub and i dont wanna learn atm.

Hate is such a strong word, i wont support ppl that hates other ppl :/

Thanks for the kind words, but im not too good at this but i can be wonderfull in many ways :)

Hero LVL 2 House Variables:

CLASSNAME: small_house_lvl_2
HITPOINTS: [["stage_1",0],["stage_2",0],["stage_3",0],["stage_4",0],["stage_2_hide",1],["OWNERS_NAME",1.0e07],["passwordtut",####]]

Hero LVL 3 House Variables:

CLASSNAME: big_house_lvl_3
HITPOINTS: [["stage_1",0],["stage_2",0],["stage_3",0],["stage_4",0],["upgrd_1_stage_1",0],["upgrd_1_stage_2",0],["upgrd_1_stage_3",0],["upgrd_1_stage_4",0],["upgrd_1_show_1",0],["upgrd_1_hide_1",1],["OWNERS_NAME",1.0e07],["passwordtut",####]]

WheeBob, new bug! Has anyone tried killing and gutting animals lately? In the past 6 I've killed and gutted, only the Sheep allowed me to loot after the meat was placed on the corpse. Anyone else having this problem now?

WheeBob, new bug! Has anyone tried killing and gutting animals lately? In the past 6 I've killed and gutted, only the Sheep allowed me to loot after the meat was placed on the corpse. Anyone else having this problem now?

That bug happens on normal DayZ too sometimes. Just scroll and click Gear once you start gutting.

If

Not sure why you're getting so pissy with him. The files i had set up with a download link for everyone to use were just fine until someone happened to come along and fuck about to part of the server_cleanup.fsm and broke shit for everyone. That change happened to be the one that has its way onto github.

Alex happens to be using most of my fixes and funnily enough his server is running great and is rather popular. I think there is an old saying that would apply here which goes along the lines of "Too Many Cooks Spoil the Broth"

@ Oliver Meigs

I use this as my rcon program. The layout is 100x better than darts and does a far better job.
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthre...nformation&s=fbc9667d6f313da48fc646d481960b68

Do you have a seperate github, cortez? As far as I know, Pain's github was working with yours as I saw pull requests - figured you two were working together on a unified, bug free origins.

As well Pain, I can confirm farming works. Some of my members loot cycled for a few hours earlier to great success.

Do you have a seperate github, cortez? As far as I know, Pain's github was working with yours as I saw pull requests - figured you two were working together on a unified, bug free origins.
He have posted his ZIP files plenty of times in this thread already to help ppl like me and you out :)

i have only posted a few changes for people to pain's git. I do not have another git nor will i set up another git.

Edit : The ONLY gits i have are for the rcon and auto updater which is private between me, uncledave and dwarden of bohemia interactive.

What's the big difference between the two, your edition and his?

Also, noticing that some small towns have a ton of zombies and some larger ones have nill.

Sabina has not many for example. Anyone have a working fix for this-- or an easy way to up the amount of zombies. I have my localzombie count set to Pain's latest update, figured it'd help and it did somewhat.

This whole thread is very helpful, I have read through this thread about 3 times looking for issues i have had and couldn't find this one. I'm not sure if its me or what, But after i deleted an old .pbo and used the folder that was provided in the github download in mpmissions, I'm getting kicked when i try to join into the game after i have been in the lobby.

I get kicked for script restriction 87. Here is the kick itself.
Here Is the line i think, 05.06.2013 01:00:52: Austin x(x.xxx.xxx.xxx) ************************* - #87 "","_lastjipupdate","_lastupdate","_lastsync","_skipValue","_skipTime","_method","_i","_night","_nightValue","_nightSkip","_num","

I have looked through this thread and have found no one else having this issue, Anyone know a fix?

Back