Origins Server?

@cortez

Your debug monitor is bugged.
It always shows your website address even though I changed the line.
If I go into combat, my website appears.

It's not bugged but compared to the old version the newer version has the website in 3 different locations. Once while your not in combat and twice while you're in combat.

You will need to change the following lines of code within the player_spawn_2

Code:
if (_timeleft > 0) then {
                      hintSilent parseText format ["
    <t size='1.15' font='Bitstream' color='#5882FA'>Visit: www.epm-gaming.co.uk</t><br/><br/>

next line is

Code:
} else {
    <t size='1.15' font='Bitstream' color='#5882FA'>Visit: www.epm-gaming.co.uk</t><br/><br/>

then below that on line 415

Code:
};
        } else {

Thanks.

I wasn't sure if it was an error or trying to create a special character.
Anyways, I removed that portion, and converted 2 pickups into the bath mobile in the sql.
Git has been updated.

adding the bathmobile results in:

HiveExt: [Error] Skipping ObjectID 3103 load because of invalid data in db

ID 3103 references to the bathmobile

Well the bathmobile is spawnable in game so you can rule out any issues with that side of things. Odd that it's saying it has invalid data thought.

Well the bathmobile is spawnable in game so you can rule out any issues with that side of things. Odd that it's saying it has invalid data thought.

mysql> select * from object_data where Classname like '%bath%'\G;
*************************** 1. row ***************************
ObjectID: 3103
ObjectUID: 0000000000327
Instance: 1
Classname: origins_bathmobile
Damage: 0.05000
CharacterID: 0
Worldspace: [59,[11098.3,18706.2,0]]
Inventory: [[[],[]],[[],[]],[[],[]]]
Hitpoints: [["motor",0.8],["karoserie",1],["palivo",0.8],["wheel_1_1_steering",1],["wheel_2_1_steering",1],["wheel_1_2_steering",1],["wheel_2_2_steering",1],["sklo predni P",1],["sklo predni L",1],["front_plow",1],["wheel_guards",1],["windshield_guard",1]
Fuel: 0.01000
Datestamp: 2013-06-05 14:00:31
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

i somehow can´t see an error there

EDIT: the Hitpoint entry was missing a closing ] .. now it seems to work

I download everything from github https://github.com/MajorPainage/Origins then put them in OA2.
Then I run "originsserver.cmd"
I launch Dayz Origins client and I found the server under lan(also internet)
But when I try to connect, I'm stuck at the "wait for host" screen
Looking at the timestamp screen I see "Dayz Origins Read From Bank" message

How do I fix this?

My skype is "gooharafw" willing to pay if anyone wanna help me out. Cheers

You might be missing the actual map.
Copy it over from dayz commander.

To clean up destroyed vehicles it should be enough to run the pMain function. At least, if you fixed it the way its described a few pages earlier or are using Major Pains newest files from github.
In detail, the pCleanup function is what checks specifically for the destroyed ones as well, so might want to try that if pMain doesnt work for you.

Ok so I have come to understand that pMain and pCleanup respawns vehicles that have damage set to 1. What actually flags a vehicle as damaged? I have vehicles on my server that have been stripped of all parts and do not respawn when this script is run.

I do get an error in my server startup batch file. (Quack's one) when calling the pMain and pCleanup functions. Something along the lines of "It is not recommended to type your password in at the command line". Not 100% sure the functions are being called properly....

It's not bugged but compared to the old version the newer version has the website in 3 different locations. Once while your not in combat and twice while you're in combat.

You will need to change the following lines of code within the player_spawn_2

Code:
if (_timeleft > 0) then {

next line is

Code:
} else {

then below that on line 415

Code:
};
        } else {

Sounds good. Missed the other 2.
Will update git with instructions.

adding the bathmobile results in:

HiveExt: [Error] Skipping ObjectID 3103 load because of invalid data in db

ID 3103 references to the bathmobile

Like I mentioned before, it may have to do with the parts allowed on the vehicle.
I used the pretty much a standard vehicle, with windshield cover, plow, and wheel covers for reinforcing.
I am sure it will require adjusting to find the correct items.

I was using combination scrapbus and scrapbuggy parts to try and figure it out.
The difficulty is the engine cover and the roof cover. I am going off what my sons told me that he thinks it's the wheel cover that applies the engine cover and the windshield cover that applies the roof.

I think it's the scrap part that might need fixing.

Got a random crash again today, anyone having this more than me?

Fault address: 73279B98 01:00078B98 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@hive\HiveEXT.dll
file: dayz_1.origins (__cur_mp)
world: tavi
Prev. code bytes: CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC 55 8B EC 2B 4D 08 78 0D
Fault code bytes: DD 04 CD 70 11 37 73 DC 08 DD 18 5D C3 DD 00 BA

Registers:
EAX:00A59AD4 EBX:1DF474A0
ECX:00012E1E EDX:00000000
ESI:00A59BD4 EDI:00A59DBC
CS:EIP:0023:73279B98
SS:ESP:002B:00A59AB0 EBP:00A59AB0
DS:002B ES:002B FS:0053 GS:002B
Flags:00010206
=======================================================
note: Minidump has been generated into the file dayz_1.origins.tavi\arma2oaserver.mdmp

Pain,

The new cleanup-- how will it work? Will it despwan if no players are in the immediate area and if so, by default, will everything disappear when hopping into a vehicle?

I dled your updated files but github still says the pbo is from four days ago and the folder itself was the one that was updated. Should I just pbo the folder-- or did it actually pull in the pbo as well without editing the comment?

Thanks.

Thought something was weird-- and my server crashed after I moved them over, good old hiveext.dll issues.

Thanks.

The only crashes I have had on my test server are due to attempts at adding to the database where a field is either not present or doesn't have a default value. Stuff like hitpoints and inventory (for vehicles).

Be nice to your hive by making sure the db knows what is doing without being told :)

The only crashes I have had on my test server are due to attempts at adding to the database where a field is either not present or doesn't have a default value. Stuff like hitpoints and inventory (for vehicles).

Be nice to your hive by making sure the db knows what is doing without being told :)

care to elaborate?

Change line 44 to start with // setDate

Run the pMain on every restart.

I looked and line 44 already had that commented out, Is there anything else i can try so people don't get kicked on refuel.

I found the code of the kick,
Code:
 if (isserver) then
{
_snd = createSoundSource ["Sound_Fire", getpos _v,"
06.06.2013 19:30:11: Austin (xxxxxxxxxx) %%%%%%%%%%%% - #43 "005;

if (_cfcust >= 1.0) then { _cfcust = 1.0; };

_target setFuel _cfcust;
};

titleFadeOut 1;

ib_refueling_in_progress = fal"

Back