Origins Server?

i added this
Code:
!"_skipTime"
to this line
Code:
5 skipTime !"\"skipTime\"," !"rskiptime = 'skiptime'" !"rskiptimecode = compile PreprocessFile (BIS_PathMPscriptCommands + 'skiptime.sqf')"

Hey I 'm new in this forum and my english is not very good , could anyone upload a program with which I am able to set up my own dayz origins server or which includes origins sry but I am a newbie in things like programming and I dont understand the whole forum .

The problem with the houses _could_ be related to a stranger entering your house. I have one user that never had loosed any gear at all. But when I entered the house (he opened it) it went empty in game and in DB instant..

server keeps crashing with an error

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 00402901
Allocator: D:\games\ArmA2\Expansion\beta\dll\tbb4malloc_bi.dll

Fault address: 6CCF9B98 01:00078B98 D:\games\ArmA2\@dayz_1.origins.tavi\HiveEXT.dll

Looks like the hiveext.dll is trying to write to the database and fails because it might be restricted access.

Hi Guys,

First off, this thread is brilliant, following the instructions in the GIT Hub and the comments from the various users here I have managed to deploy a fully functioning Origins server with automatic reboot cycles and DaRT remote administration. I knew nothing of SQL nor DAYZ Servers before 5 days ago.... Thanks to you all!

I have a few niggling issues that seem to have been brushed upon but not really resolved yet....

• Loot does not despawn no matter how far you run. Only loot that has been picked up will be refreshed. I am having to do a 4 hour reboot cycle to stop the cities being full of tin cans.
  • Items are being wiped from houses on server reboot. I do not believe that I am having the issue where people are storing their items in their foundations. This happened to me and I'm pretty sure I did not do this. (This has been discussed many times but as far as I can see in the 53 pages here there has not yet been working fix to this yet).
  • Dr Ivan is included in most zombie waves that spawn. (Again cannot see a solid fix for this in here, only many people with the same issue).
On the other hand their are many issues here that I don't seem to have also....

If there are fixes in the forums to the points listed that I have overlooked please provide me a link :).

For your first point, there was a code entered to resolve the items despawning when entering a vehicle. I am going to track down that and provide the option of with or without the fix. I will update git once I remember what was added.

Second, your items are not wiped. If you look in your database, I think you will see your stuff is still there. Try to access the GEAR while inside with door locked and you will probably see that it looks empty. Unlock and open the door, and check the GEAR again, and it should appear. At least this is what is happening on our server. But note I did store the items with the house locked.

Third, we haven't been to concerned about the Ivans. Usually see 1 per city or zombie spawn area.

in dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf
Code:
if(_timeOut == 600) then { Origins_connect = true; }; //60sec
set to 1 for the waitingtime on connect

and in dayz_server\compile\disco_playerMorph.sqf
Code:
while { _doLoop < 40 && !_isDead } do
set to 2 for the disco bot

dont work for me.

can anyone help ?

I changed only
Code:
if(_timeOut == 600) then { Origins_connect = true; }; //60sec
to
Code:
if(_timeOut == 100) then { Origins_connect = true; }; //10sec
and Works

Bug report:

Vehicles, if you fix them to 100% - all it takes is a small hit against something, going say 20, and it explodes/lights on fire and boots you out. This has happened with three diff vehicle types. I don't think that, while in game it says the engine is fine, that the state is actually changing from the 20% it spawns at.

So i decided to use the github version instead of cortez and the it keeps saying disconnect and try again. The console that shows mysql changes isnt opening.

Hi

I really want to run Origins server to play with my brother and a couple of friends
If anyone willing to hold me hands and walk me through every steps to get it up and working, I'm more than happy to gift some cash via paypal

Add me on skype "gooharafw"

Thank you

So i decided to use the github version instead of cortez and the it keeps saying disconnect and try again. The console that shows mysql changes isnt opening.

Download the git again. I had to upload Cortez's dayz_server.pbo.
I have tried 3 different programs and none of them are packing the folder correctly.

One last thing, Is that When refueling now i get kicked. Script restriction 43.

Also can anyone tell me what function to run to clear all exploded cars and just re gen them only.

To clean up destroyed vehicles it should be enough to run the pMain function. At least, if you fixed it the way its described a few pages earlier or are using Major Pains newest files from github.
In detail, the pCleanup function is what checks specifically for the destroyed ones as well, so might want to try that if pMain doesnt work for you.

One additional thing I just had and fixed on my server:
A house disappeared completely and I wasnt able to get it back onto the server before I fixed this:

The "inventory" entry in the database is set to a max amount of 999 chars, which the disappeared house just hit and thus, it didnt write the last two "]]" into the database and left the inventory entry incomplete and unusable.
So to fix it, just edit the object_data table and alter the max length of the Inventory field to 5000 or something high enough.
999 clearly aint, because with a few weapons and some items with long names, you can easily hit the 999 chars limit.

Im not yet sure if this has anything to do with disappearing house inventory as well, as that was what I tried to have a look into, but seems this other bug is a good fix on the go and should keep people from getting even more trouble with having their homes vanish.

I download everything from github https://github.com/MajorPainage/Origins then put them in OA2.
Then I run "originsserver.cmd"
I launch Dayz Origins client and I found the server under lan(also internet)
But when I try to connect, I'm stuck at the "wait for host" screen
Looking at the timestamp screen I see "Dayz Origins Read From Bank" message

How do I fix this?

My skype is "gooharafw" willing to pay if anyone wanna help me out. Cheers

Back