Origins Server?

I'm done....

I learned so much during my time modifying Origins. I spent more time scripting then playing and loved it. Thanks to everyone for putting up with my questions and helping me along the path. I'll keep a look out for the updated server files and my Origins server will stay online, my players still love it even on 1.7.1. Wish I could solve that damn house bug without giving a new dupe bug but oh well..

I am moving my attention over to Epoch which I find to be comparable to the Origins experience but without the hostility of the developers. I am putting the skills I learned from this experience to work in helping Bungle from DayzEpoch.com continue his Custom Server Pack which basically allows server owners to run all the mods that we have in the pack without needing to script it themselves. They can focus on building their player base and running their game.

Like Drew, I am willing to share my server files. Ya'll helped me make them afterall. I have Sarge AI, Customized SectorB, Auto Refuel, Dog Companions, Blue Pheonix's Admin tools, and bunch of other bug fixes completed and all working great. The only problems are the occasional house inventory will vanish but I just restore it in the database when it happens. If ya'll would like, I'll throw a copy on Drop Box and give you the link.

Feel free to check it out at 69.64.43.176:2350 (Origins) and 69.64.43.176: 2302 (Epoch)

Thanks again to all,
Share files, I will be very grateful.

Set your files to the server, at call BattlEye: Script Restriction #124
get help to understand.

you need to make an exception for that restriction in scripts.txt etc
if you copy the whole battleye folder, it should work.
otherwise if you get stuck, check out this post

http://opendayz.net/threads/howto-battleeye-tutorial.9717/

Thank you very much for your origins AI server files Drew Reid, it works like a charm on my server :)

you're very welcome

Hey guys,

I downloaded 2 or 3 different versions of this and I am having the 'Mission read from directory/bank" issue.

I've read every page here and havent found a solution so far.

I have @Taviana, @DayzOrigins installed and in the Arma2AO directory, I've copied the SQL across correctly, and I still have this issue.

Can anyone shed some light on it?

I downloaded the MajorPainage version...

You don't need @taviana for origins.

Make sure your server launch line is correct, I can't give you mine at the moment because I'm not at my PC.

Also make sure you have the mission set correctly in config.cfg

Hey guys,

I downloaded 2 or 3 different versions of this and I am having the 'Mission read from directory/bank" issue.

I've read every page here and havent found a solution so far.

I have @Taviana, @DayzOrigins installed and in the Arma2AO directory, I've copied the SQL across correctly, and I still have this issue.

Can anyone shed some light on it?

I downloaded the MajorPainage version...

If i remember correctly the problem is you pack the mission file without prefix ( if my memories serve me well i think the solution is somewhere around page 20~25 )
If the problem is really what is said and you're lazy to search i recommend using BinPBO (googled it ) to pack the mission file with [ z\addons\dayz_server ] in the addon prefix box ( it's in option )

hope it help :D
ps. if mine not understandable search around the page i said above it have picture in it so its not that hard to find

If i remember correctly the problem is you pack the mission file without prefix ( if my memories serve me well i think the solution is somewhere around page 20~25 )
If the problem is really what is said and you're lazy to search i recommend using BinPBO (googled it ) to pack the mission file with [ z\addons\dayz_server ] in the addon prefix box ( it's in option )

hope it help :D
ps. if mine not understandable search around the page i said above it have picture in it so its not that hard to find

Thanks for the suggestion but I have already added the prefix to the dayz_server.pbo.

Interestingly, even though I was SURE it wasnt going to work, I added the prefix to the mission as well (What can I say, I'll try anything at this point).

No dice. Still mission read from bank :(

Thanks for the suggestion but I have already added the prefix to the dayz_server.pbo.

Interestingly, even though I was SURE it wasnt going to work, I added the prefix to the mission as well (What can I say, I'll try anything at this point).

No dice. Still mission read from bank :(

What is your server launch line?

server is constantly attacked by scripters. They teleport, break bones, make people dance, all kinds of stuff and there is nothing i can do about it. Admins cant be on the watch 24x7 . My server is dying :(

How to install the thing which says "script scan complete" on joining? and is it able to stop hacker ?

IS THERE any anti hack tool out there which stops atleast some of these kids spawning and teleporting vehicles all to one island!!!!!!!!!

I will really appreciate it a lot if someone could guide me how to secure the server please :(

There are people on this thread running 50 slot servers. How do you do this can you please share something :(

Yep, you want ah.sqf but then you need to figure out how to pass script restriction 123 and 234. I'll find it for you when I get home.

server is constantly attacked by scripters. They teleport, break bones, make people dance, all kinds of stuff and there is nothing i can do about it. Admins cant be on the watch 24x7 . My server is dying :(

How to install the thing which says "script scan complete" on joining? and is it able to stop hacker ?

IS THERE any anti hack tool out there which stops atleast some of these kids spawning and teleporting vehicles all to one island!!!!!!!!!

I will really appreciate it a lot if someone could guide me how to secure the server please :(

There are people on this thread running 50 slot servers. How do you do this can you please share something :(

http://opendayz.net/threads/1-7-7-1-new-antihack-script.8552/

I was just going through that thread and was wondering if it will work with origins aswell .

Going to install it now and see if everything runs fine.

Thanks a lot again !

Id love to combine what you have Jay with what I have, if you dont mind sharing your files.

M&D's Origins AI v1.2
http://tiny.cc/originsai
Download Server Files Here

Known bugs; occasional black screen on death, reconnect.

Like Jay, I'll be moving on in the meantime to Epoch Taviana, a variation Im working on.
There will probably only be one more update for my Origins AI which will be when Sarge releases his new AI.

I like your work and say thanks to the time we spendt together and to all the other guys working together on the Origins Community Build. Personally I am now switching to Dayz Civilian (Alpaha). It could have potential to become a great mod . My Origins server is down now to safe some resources.

Back