I am still finalizing my plans on what to do with DZAI. An announcement with more details will be made sometime next week to clarify things. Because of how busy I have been since the beginning of 2014, the only real difference you will notice going forward is that I will be around less.
All the updates I have made during what little free time I've had were to ensure that DZAI is unbreakable as possible no matter what future updates bring. The feature most likely to "break" is the dynamic weapon list since it reads the DayZ loot tables in a very specific way. However one of the most recent DZAI updates allows it to fall back on the prebuilt weapon tables if it can't read loot table data, so loot table structure changes are no longer a critical problem.
The second most likely feature to "break" is the static spawn system if another new map is released for DayZ since I have to manually create new spawn configs for every new map. DZAI can try to automatically generate static spawns for unrecognized maps but I've noticed it has some flaws especially for Napf and Sauerland, before I had released static spawn configs for them (ie: spawns being created on lakes or empty areas). For existing maps, static spawns are very unlikely to break.
The dynamic spawn system and helicopter AI patrols will work no matter what the future brings, so these features are unlikely to break either.
I am also planning on rolling out one last update to bring DZAI to version 2.0 next week, which includes fixes I consider high to critical importance. One of the fixes is something that Epoch users have been bugging me about for a long time so I will be glad to get that off my back (no, it's nothing related to buildings or walls, sorry).
For now, if any users wish to release their own updates or additions to DZAI, just post them on the DZAI forums for others to use. Just be prepared to offer support for content you release.
I will also be re-evaluating my decision to end development for DZAI in May 2014. Between now and then it's simply impossible for me to do anything, as I have made publicly known before, so essentially nothing has changed around here. You'll just see a lot less of me around here.