Possible Nuke script / fallout like experience on server?

Is there a way to make sun not as bright? Otherwise works like a charm)
cat-light-switch.gif.pagespeed.ce.ywJs-34Ti3.gif
lightswitch off cat.

It's this part:

Code:
    _snow = "#particlesource" createVehicleLocal _pos;
    _snow setParticleParams _parray;
    _snow setParticleRandom [0, [10, 10, 7], [0, 0, 0], 0, 0.2, [0, 0, 0, 0.1], 0, 0];
    _snow setParticleCircle [0.0, [0, 0, 0]];
    _snow setDropInterval 0.01;

I changed the 0.01 to 0.2. Looks like this now:
(fucked up the color thing :p )

something else. I got lazy and replaced the color with my old one for the time being and thought fuck it im done with that dust stuff. But then I got bored and fiddled around a bit and forgot to change the color back

no go, set mine up exactly like yours and I don't see it.
Code:
    _snow = "#particlesource" createVehicleLocal _pos;
    _snow setParticleParams _parray;
    _snow setParticleRandom [0, [10, 10, 7], [0, 0, 0], 0, 0.2, [0, 0, 0, 0.1], 0, 0];
    _snow setDropInterval 0.01;

First, let me say sorry for the length of this post. This isn't a quick answer question. I will try to keep it as brief as possible. Second, particles are a pain in the butt. Just saying.

Ok, your script looks pretty good, there are a couple things you can change, I'll post the code changes at the bottom.

Now, keep in mind that even doing those code changes you may not get the same results. I am guessing you probably won't and here is why.

The various "effects" are in an ever changing state based upon the events taking place. For instance, the ash is much more prevalent after a nuke strike, as it should be, and it dies down after it clears. Now, how this is achieved is through a secondary set of effects being launched via the nuke, thus changing the overall effects of everything else going on, ash, dust , fire etc while the nuke effects are ticked on. Once they shut off the ash is back to the look it had before the nuke which is much lighter... again as it should be.

The size setting you guys are playing with isn't going to give you the results you want, all it will do is make it look/act funky. You can either darken up your global Color correction or adjust the color and alpha of the ash particle to make it darker, which will make it pop more.

The ash is using a 2d water particle object so it's going to be more translucent reactive thus you can give it a slightly higher alpha setting since it wants to act like water. You could try and use the smoke based particle (cl_basic) and see if that has a more thick dense feel to it. You could also play with changing to a 3d object and see how that works or a combination thereof.

Here are the code changes.

Change under //Wind & Dust:
Code:
_obj = vehicle player;
_pos = position _obj;

to

Code:
_pos = position player;

Change:
Code:
_ps setParticleParams [["\Ca\Data\ParticleEffects\Universal\universal.p3d", 16, 12, 8], "", "Billboard", 1, 3, [0, 0, -6], _velocity, 1, 1.275, 1, 0, [9], [_color + [0], _color + [_alpha], _color + [0]], [1000], 1, 0, "", "", _obj];

to

Code:
_ps setParticleParams [["\Ca\Data\ParticleEffects\Universal\universal.p3d", 16, 12, 8], "", "Billboard", 1, 3, [0, 0, -6], _velocity, 1, 1.275, 1, 0, [9], [_color + [0], _color + [_alpha], _color + [0]], [1000], 1, 0, "", "", _pos];

Change:
Code:
sleep (random 1);
deletevehicle _ps;
_delay = 10 + random 20;
sleep _delay;

to

Code:
sleep (random 1);
_delay = 1 + random 5;
sleep _delay;
deleteVehicle _ps;

Under Ash Section:
Change:
Code:
_snow setParticleRandom [0, [10, 10, 7], [0, 0, 0], 0, 0.05, [0, 0, 0, 0.1], 0, 0];
_snow setDropInterval 0.05;

to

Code:
_snow setParticleRandom [0, [10, 10, 7], [0, 0, 0], 0, 0.01, [0, 0, 0, 0.1], 0, 0];
_snow setDropInterval 0.003;

Try that and see how that works for you, hopefully I didn't miss anything... I had a late night in the studio so I am a bit brain dead but... while working tonight I started talking to a guy who does voice over work about dayz and I mentioned an idea I had that would need a voice over guy and he agreed to do it. So, over the next week or two as we have time we will record some cool audio to use in an addon I am working on, which I will release when we get all the audio done, as that is all that is needed to release it. Anyways, I'll save that for another thread. Hope this works for you.

Yeah I kinda figured it wasn't going to work. Set your file back, I am guessing you are using the color correction script with the ash built in. In that file under the ash section #12 is color... RED, GREEN, BLUE, ALPHA is the color setup so don't mess with the 1 at the end. 0 = invis. Try doing black, 1,1,1 and you can also try and change #00 to cl_basic. Can also change #15 from 1.2 to a higher value and see if it ups the intensity.

I'd like to get a script where nukes falls out like once per reset and warns everybody to get shelter or something otherwise really dangerous, like randomly on the map but towards city to not blowout player bases. Just to add action with radiation zones like your script Foamys.

And is there any script existing that makes a lot of places with heavy high altitude smoke? Like this :
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/328/c/f/apocalypse_by_sethpda-d33hvxo.jpg

Like.. I want really my server to look like apocalypse.. with zombies.. anybody have any scripts like this? Please.

I'd like to get a script where nukes falls out like once per reset and warns everybody to get shelter or something otherwise really dangerous, like randomly on the map but towards city to not blowout player bases. Just to add action with radiation zones like your script Foamys.

And is there any script existing that makes a lot of places with heavy high altitude smoke? Like this :
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/328/c/f/apocalypse_by_sethpda-d33hvxo.jpg

Like.. I want really my server to look like apocalypse.. with zombies.. anybody have any scripts like this? Please.

no but I have a script that will lag your server, just as much, would you like to try that first?

Yes, you could create a look like your picture but as blur pointed out it would create considerable lag. You could however write a script that randomly creates a smoke plume like the one in your picture from an object like a smoke stack or something and send off a warning that it malfunctioned or whatever. You could even get creative and script in an explosion to start the smoke event in case a player is in the area when the script triggers. You could also create static ones, but I would do them in moderation to avoid lag.

I've been trying to get a single dedicated nuclear smoke plume to work, will let you know when I get it to work

Back