Prevent Nukes

Nvdm

Hey there,

Lately my servers gets nuked multiple times a day. Is there a way to prevent nukes, I am getting tired of doing a rollback so many times.

Thanks,

Nvdm

indirect damage is a hard one to block. just watch your players, and make sure they are not shooting down trees with pistols.

indirect damage is a hard one to block. just watch your players, and make sure they are not shooting down trees with pistols.

What does that mean if someone is doing that? I have seen someone doing that in my server. With the anti-hack on.

What does that mean if someone is doing that? I have seen someone doing that in my server. With the anti-hack on.
it means they bypassed your anti hack. did you pay for your anti hack? if you paid for it, join the club!

i bought 3 anti hacks so far, and none work, hackers still do that.....I feel ripped off, I dont know about you because I dont know if you paid for yours

it means they bypassed your anti hack. did you pay for your anti hack? if you paid for it, join the club!

i bought 3 anti hacks so far, and none work, hackers still do that.....I feel ripped off, I dont know about you because I dont know if you paid for yours

from who did you buy antihacks from?

Would love to know how to prevent this from happening. Been hit twice so far over the weekend.

Edit = just after typing this my server was attacked yet again. got some script code error, then everyone commited suicide and hit with nukes. Tried shutting my .st server down but everytime i did it just said it was running.

Is there anything we can do to prevent this? I dont have a bought anti-hack because i wasn't sure if any work with Epoch.

Would love to know how to prevent this from happening. Been hit twice so far over the weekend.

Edit = just after typing this my server was attacked yet again. got some script code error, then everyone commited suicide and hit with nukes. Tried shutting my .st server down but everytime i did it just said it was running.

Is there anything we can do to prevent this? I dont have a bought anti-hack because i wasn't sure if any work with Epoch.

welcome to dayz, where people who make anti - hacks, also make the hacks, so they make anti hacks with backdoors for hackers, then sell the bypass to hackers.

there is nothing you can do, except buy anti hack after anti hack, and realize none work

If theses nukes are based on explosions spawned by createvehiclelocal commands, I am working on it in order to mitigate the aftermath.
For nukes based on createvehicle, you need to open createvehicle.log and look for tons of HelicopterExploSmall, HelicopterExploBig, or SmallSecondary, then ban the hacker.

most antihacks will block this, even the free ones. i reccomend that, and also make sure to update your battleye filters regularly. they are found on the dayz github, and are quite easy to replace.

I am talking about massive explosions that BE can't see, for example spawning explosions with createvehiclelocal commands and a bypass.
I agree current filters allow admins to detects other cheats, using basically scripts.log and createvehicle.log ;)

the solution is not on filters side, since as I mentioned earlier, damages are created by creatvehiclelocal. Damages are networked but invisible on BE filters.
The solution is to prevent any damage to legit players, by controlling the parameters given in the damage handler.
It's quite straightforward: if the damage comes from an unknown source, then ignore the event.

I have an issue where, I just retarted my server, and then it got nuked.

Now, the good thing was I JUST restarted it, so the RPT file is not that long.

maybe someone can help me understand, but shouldnt the RPT log, tell you EVERYTHING that has happened?

Here is my RPT log, can someone catch the hacker? I banned 2 regular players because these lines kept coming up. If im not mistaken, is it FriendlyDontShootBros shooting from 715 meters hacking? I see the amo looking funny, and im not sure.

Where can we find out about who did it? The ban hammer has come out, and I dont want to ban innocent people

14:08:15 "P1ayer PID#13(Masiania) hit by PID#7(FriendlyDontShootBros) with DMR_DZ/B_762x51_noTracer <ammo left:19> from 715 meters"
14:08:15 "P1ayer PID#27(GreeB64rus) hit by PID#7(FriendlyDontShootBros) with DMR_DZ/B_762x51_noTracer <ammo left:19> from 715 meters"
14:08:18 "P1ayer PID#13(Masiania) hit by PID#7(FriendlyDontShootBros) with DMR_DZ/B_762x51_noTracer <ammo left:17> from 696 meters"
14:08:19 "P1ayer PID#27(GreeB64rus) hit by PID#7(FriendlyDontShootBros) with DMR_DZ/B_762x51_noTracer <ammo left:17> from 696 meters"
14:08:23 "P1ayer PID#13(Masiania) hit by PID#7(FriendlyDontShootBros) with DMR_DZ/B_762x51_noTracer <ammo left:15> from 650 meters"
14:08:23 Client: Object 27:20 (type Type_70) not found.
14:08:23 Client: Object 22:7 (type Type_70) not found.
14:08:23 "P1ayer PID#27(GreeB64rus) hit by PID#7(FriendlyDontShootBros) with DMR_DZ/B_762x51_noTracer <ammo left:15> from 650 meters"
14:08:33 "P1ayer PID#13(Masiania) hit by PID#7(FriendlyDontShootBros) with DMR_DZ/B_762x51_noTracer <ammo left:19> from 543 meters"
14:08:33 Client: Object 22:7 (type Type_70) not found.
14:08:33 Client: Object 27:29 (type Type_94) not found.
14:08:33 "DEBUG: needUpdate_objects=[B 1-1-M:1 (Masiania) REMOTE]"
14:08:33 "HIVE: WRITE: "CHILD:306:34492:[["wheel_1_1_steering",0.0872444],["wheel_1_2_steering",0],["wheel_2_1_steering",0.0162175],["wheel_2_2_steering",0],["palivo",0],["motor",0.0683849],["glass1",0],["glass2",0.010308],["glass3",0],["glass4",0],["sklo predni P",0],["sklo predni L",0],["karoserie",0.290162],["wheel_1_4_steering",0],["wheel_2_4_steering",0],["wheel_1_3_steering",0],["wheel_2_3_steering",0]]:0.019685:""
14:08:33 "P1ayer PID#27(GreeB64rus) hit by PID#7(FriendlyDontShootBros) with DMR_DZ/B_762x51_noTracer <ammo left:19> from 541 meters"

The solution is not on filters side, since as I mentioned earlier, damages are created by creatvehiclelocal. Damages are networked but invisible on BE filters, and their origin can't be traced on RPT log too.

The solution is to prevent any damage to legit players, by controlling the parameters given in the damage handler.
It's quite straightforward: if the damage comes from an unknown source, then ignore the event.

For debug purpose, edit/overwrite fnc_usec_damageHandler.sqf and add the following at the beginning:
diag_log str _this;
this will trace on the server all the damages when next nuke will come, then copy/paste the log in this thread and I will help.

Second solution is to prevent hackers to spawn explosions :
To mitigate the nuke, if the hacker is using a legit script such "secondaries.sqf", edit/overwrite this BIS script so that "Smallsecondary" (aka the explosion) is triggered only if a vehicle is near.
For example, add the following line to "secondaries.sqf" before the line containing "Smallsecondary" :
if (!((_v isKindOf "Air") OR {((_v isKindOf "LandVehicle") OR {(_v isKindOf "Ship")})}))exitWith{};
Put the file in your mission files, then add
BIS_Effects_Secondaries = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "path\to\your\file\secondaries.sqf";

I edited all BIS Effects libs to limit such hack, and it's already in the default DayZ Epoch 1.0.3.1.
A previous version is already in default vanilla DayZ Mod 1.8.0.3.

So I don't understand, it's clearly written in RPT that FriendlyDontShootBros did the hack.
The thing to add is to evaluate whether a 700 meter hit is legit or not for such weapon.

you can mitigate the attack by adding the following line just above "if (_unit == player) then {"
if ((vehicle _unit) distance (vehicle _source) > 800) exitWith {diag_log "Dam4ge from far, murder mode?";0};
in the script fn_damageHandler.sqf
(it's in days_code, you will have to put it in your mission files to overwrite the event handler:
fnc_usec_damageHandler = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "path-to-your-file\fn_damageHandler.sqf";
)

Last edited:
We are currently the target of a group of hackers who have now demanded money to stop hacking us.

Everyday they hit us. We went from rank 12 server on Gametracker to 80th since 26th December, they even told us they would not stop until we paid.

Nothing we can do about it, I certainly will not pay for them to stop. Could just shut the server down.

Back