pyBEscanner

Has TK_Assault_Pack_EP1 been added into the code recently? ie: 1.7.6.1

or is it a custom backpack you've added?

using standard dayz 1.7.6.1 client files + stapos dayz lite server pack... nothing custom concerning the backpacks...

i was also wondering why u got the _dz one :X

As per the dayzcommunity banlist filters TK_Assault_Pack_EP1 is not whitelisted from being logged. DZ_TK_Assault_Pack_EP1 - however is, and that's the one we have show up on our servers which is why its not blacklisted.

TK_Assault_Pack_EP1 was involved in a hack executed on our server in the past which is why it's black listed. So unless it makes it into "official code" it will stay in there. You can remove this from that list as you have already done, or alternatively you can whitelist it as Rywenski has suggested above.

Remember these rules are just guides based on what we have / haven't seen on our servers based on the server package/s that we use. Your welcome to create issues and push requests to the repo to make it more universally usable but it is only as good as those who contribute :)

just wondering, u got that experimental log scanning option... obviously its experimental.. but does it do anything yet?

i love how the pybescanner separates the files in folders according to the date, is it possible to scan the RPT for entries like combat logger detected or other custom entries and collect that in a separate file?

and maybe even ban.. e.g. the antihack script logs to the rpt i think.. so as soon as it detects stuff pybe could scan the logs for entries and ban right away

That was the original intent gaga. The original developer hasn't been seen for ages or made any updates so I doubt there will be any further updates to the code and functionality.

I do keep the filters up to date with new server version's being released but that's about it as I don't know enough about python to maintain it, and most server admins are holding out for standalone anyway :(

If you know enough about python then certainly look at the code, as I know it was originally planned and there was some basic functionality in there before it was removed because of an issue

Unfortunately i got no clue about Python... Only thing i did is uncomment some lines.. It moves the rpt to the logs folder now

I will be making updates as soon as 1.7.7 becomes client friendly :p

We haven't upgraded our server yet and it seems those who have are rolling back due to issues. I'm assuming a hotfix will be out soon and when it is, pyBEscanner will be patched.

Feel free to make pull requests though in the meantime :)

Curious if anyone has some updated files/detection to share?

@k4n30 - We've been able to stop the kicking (it seems) so now I'm just looking to get pyBEscanner back up and reliable; or at least not banning 80% of the server overnight, lol.

Alright our servers are now patched to 1.7.7

I'm going to start patching pyBEscanner rules, so if you have any suggestions to speed this process up, send them through :)

Good deal k4n30 - Looking forward to the updates; sorry, I'm horrible and have really no damn clue on getting you push/data from our public servers and just hadn't had the time to look into it.

Using the latest BE Filters for 1.7.7.1 we're seeing a lot of the following scripts-bans:

#27 "indof "plane")then{["AirDestruction", _v] call BIS_Effects_globalEvent;};if (_v iskindof "tank")then{_int = (fuel _v)*"
#24 "[this] spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestruction"
#25 "_v setVehicleInit format ["[this, %1, %2]spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestructionStage2",_int, _t];processInitCommands;};};"
#204 "s select 2) + 1];sleep 0.05;_v setVehicleInit format ["[this, %1, %2]spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestructionS"

Using the latest BE Filters for 1.7.7.1 we're seeing a lot of the following scripts-bans:

#27 "indof "plane")then{["AirDestruction", _v] call BIS_Effects_globalEvent;};if (_v iskindof "tank")then{_int = (fuel _v)*"
#24 "[this] spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestruction"
#25 "_v setVehicleInit format ["[this, %1, %2]spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestructionStage2",_int, _t];processInitCommands;};};"
#204 "s select 2) + 1];sleep 0.05;_v setVehicleInit format ["[this, %1, %2]spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestructionS"
Thats legit, don't ban for it.

Hello i don't understand how you install this pyBEscanner I've looked at the instructions but still don't understand please help.

So been gone awhile....
Really thought dayz standalone would been released publicly by now....

So i been playing catchup quickly on the forums... abit
Is this tool still usefully or lacking in some area's compared to other tools.
i.e pwnors server seems to be only active private server now

So been gone awhile....
Really thought dayz standalone would been released publicly by now....

So i been playing catchup quickly on the forums... abit
Is this tool still usefully or lacking in some area's compared to other tools.
i.e pwnors server seems to be only active private server now

YOU ALIVE!!!

Hello Torndeco

Got a problem, I've setup pyBEscanner and when i launch the application a black command prompt pops up very quick and closes again. I'm not sure if this is normal or there is a problem i'm new to using this pyBEscanner application and i heard its effective against hackers from server admins who use this.

Back