pyBEscanner

Seriously ?

Look @ the rules files for pyBEscanner
They aren't complicated...

Update the rules for 1.7.5.1 & send a pull request with the new exceptions for dayz 1.7.5.1
Or update your battleye filters to filter out the new zombie types + new backpack (since it already filters out the rest of spawning zombies + backpacks)

Either way only takes afew seconds todo

I don't run any server running 1.7.5.1 code atm, so u wont be seening me updating the filters for them

edit:- I have enough side projects without having to update the filters aswell for servers i don't run.
That and there is enough people running pyBEscanner that don't send a pull requests for new rule updates.

Torndeco I know how to add filters bud, my private messages to you should tell you that, but different ban reasons are coming through continuously as more and more 1751 code is caught. Once I add one filter another ban comes through and my players are getting annoyed at me when the entire server is innocently banned and they cannot play until I fix it :( For me I doubt I will be able to reliably use pyBE until filters are updated for 1751 as too much innocent code is caught for it to work. I will try collect a list of rule filters and put in a pull req for you but time is limiting for me too. Hopefully other pyBEscanners will read this and contribute

The place falls apart when the main contributors dont update :p

I'm still running 1.7.4.4 as well as probably will until 1.7.5.2 is released considering all the issues with 1.7.5.1. It'd be great if you could add those exceptions Doc or anyone else running a 1.7.5.1 server :) (hint: also remember all the unbanned weapons in 1.7.5.1 too)

Hint u change the rcon username + password to something rubbish...

That way pyBEscanner can't ban kick or ban anyone + u can update the rules & review the logs etc...
Just need to remove the entries from bans.txt afterwards

Torndeco I know how to add filters bud, my private messages to you should tell you that
For me I doubt I will be able to reliably use pyBE until filters are updated for 1751

Hint u change the rcon username + password to something rubbish...

That way pyBEscanner can't ban kick or ban anyone + u can update the rules & review the logs etc...

Ooh I didn't know it worked like that. That seems easy enough to do :)

I will see what I can do, but my community is asking for a 1744 rollback too, and seeing as R4Z0R49 is a cock, I can't imagine future dayz mod releases being any better.

Code:
i.e
Ban gets added to bans.txt
But server never receives reloadbans, no-one gets banned...

Makes it handy todo while server = running & u can alter the rules till they are right

-----

As for 1.7.5.1 changes....
He does have a point u can always make up a small mod like rmod to undo the weapon bans...
U just need to get dayz-commander to support it to get player base

Torndeco

Is there any way to make so it if the scanner for what ever reason it does not ban players in the bans.logs then it will readd the missing players to the bans.txt

edit: To clarify

pyBEscanner doesn't rescan log files...

In console u will see the following as a ban is added ( u can ingnore the start messages etc.
Code:
Ban Added: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This happens when a new ban added to bans.txt...

-------------------------------------
-------------------------------------

Code:
bans-pyBEscanner-report.txt
Also there is also a bans report file, that is located in same directory as bans.txt
called
This file is written to at the same time in the same block of code
There is no real way possible to have a ban in the report file + not in the bans.txt file.
If u don't see this file u need to double check your ban file settings etc...

If u dont see the report file u need to check your ban settings for battleye directorys / shared / symlinked etc...

If u have the report file u need to check your bans.txt settings +
Another possibility is if arma doesn't do a fresh loadbans whening writing bans to bans.txt
U might have a race condition between EPM tool writebans + pyBE reloadbans..

Yea checked the bans-pyBEscanner-report.txt and everything was logged there. It seems it did catch them but got "lost" somewhere down the line between adding them to the bans.txt

I have noticed that in the PyBEscanner window it does show Failed to reload bans, which could be caused by the rcon tool but will need to do some more research into the area.

rcon error is different thing altogether....
Just highlights a problem with the C# app, it just logs onto server sends it reloadbans & disconnects.
It doesn't add bans to bans.txt

https://github.com/Torndeco/pyBEscanner/blob/master/modules/bans.py#L186-L201
It is in the same small block of code that appends bans to bans.txt & bans-pyBEscanner-report.txt @ the same time
Its basicly impossible code wise for it not to add bans to both files

I put money on its the EPM chat tool or file permission's issue (although former should cause pyBE to crash out)

so we putting money down its the because of the auto write bans thats part of the EPM Rcon tool. If so ill take alook into it and see what Dave can come up with to solve the issue.

Ty for the help btw and great program.

I feel as if pyBEscanner has got the platform already in place to detect those who use a battleeye bypass. Would it be difficult, since pyBEscanner is already scanning the scripts.log file, to record player names from the log as well? It would need to then compare that list with a player list from rcon to see which players are missing from script.log aka using a bypass.

I know Torndeco has enough on his plate so if anyone who is familiar with python and can get their hands on a playerlist tool (I know Gotcha has one) should give this a go :) .

In the end, hackers spend so much time trying to hide their actions from our logs - why not just look for that.

If they are using a bypass nothing will show in the logs :( hence the BE bypass.

Once Torndeco has arma2oa.rpt and server.log scanning functioning properly (he removed it recently for some reason) then I don't see why it cant be done, but in its current state its not possible

I have been trying to test if this is working by adding the gcam script to the script.kicklist but it doesn't seem to be kicking me :/
Does this look ok to you guys?
77jAU6N.png

If they are using a bypass nothing will show in the logs :( hence the BE bypass.

Once Torndeco has arma2oa.rpt and server.log scanning functioning properly (he removed it recently for some reason) then I don't see why it cant be done, but in its current state its not possible

That was where I was getting at. While they won't be in the logs, they will still show up in rcon. I have in the past compared player screenshots, straight after a server wide teleport/mass kill, with the scripts.log and found the culprit by seeing which name is missing from the log.

Hi! Please add this id's to pyBEscanner whitelist!
(1.7.5.1)
Backpacks:
(Some old backpack's replaced by new)
DZ_Patrol_Pack_EP1
DZ_Assault_Pack_EP1
DZ_Czech_Vest_Puch
DZ_ALICE_Pack_EP1
DZ_TK_Assault_Pack_EP1
DZ_British_ACU
DZ_CivilBackpack_EP1
DZ_Backpack_EP1
Weapons:
Sa58P_EP1
Sa58V_EP1
Sa58V_RCO_EP1
Sa58V_CCO_EP1
G36C
G36C_camo
G36A_camo
G36K_camo
M40A3
BAF_L85A2_RIS_CWS replaced with BAF_L85A2_RIS_Holo (FROM CHANGELOG)
Vehicles:
HMMWV_DZ
MH6J_DZ
Food:
FoodmuttonRaw
FoodchickenRaw
FoodrabbitRaw
FoodbaconRaw
FoodbeefRaw
FoodmeatCooked
FoodmuttonCooked
FoodchickenCooked
FoodbaconCooked
FoodrabbitCooked
FoodbeefCooked
AngelCookies
P.S. - Sorry for my very bad english!

I've got an issue with a createvehicle-spam.txt ending up in banning some users:

Player Name = xxxxxx
Action = BAN
16.02.2013 12:31:51: xxxxxx xx.xx.xx.xx:xx abc123 - #0 "DZ_TK_Assault_Pack_EP1" 120:994 [0,0,0]
16.02.2013 12:31:51: xxxxxx xx.xx.xx.xx:xx abc123 - #52 "DZ_TK_Assault_Pack_EP1" 120:994 [0,0,0]
16.02.2013 12:31:51: xxxxxx xx.xx.xx.xx:xx abc123 - #0 "DZ_TK_Assault_Pack_EP1" 120:1004 [0,0,0]

This is in my createvehicle.spamlist file:

Rule = .
Exception = DZ_TK_Assualt_Pack_EP1
Count = 4
Time = 1
Action = BAN

Rule = ..
Count = 5
Time = 8
Action = BAN

Rule = .*\[[0],[0],[0]\]
Exception = #0 "HelicopterExplo
Exception = #0 "SmallSecondary
Count = 3
Time = 59
Action = BAN

I figured that would stop pyBEscanner from banning anyone against the DZ_TK_Assault_Pack_EP1 - What did I miss/forget?

i cannot get this working i installed python and when i run the bescanner.py i get this message

Code:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

File "C:\Users\*******\Desktop\pyBEscanner-master\pyBEscanner-master\pyBEscan
ner.py", line 37
    print "---------------------------------------------------------"

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Back