quite bad desync occuring

thevisad is "Disable Server Simulation of Zombies? (ziellos2k)" in the latest have to do with this?

Yeah I have thrown it in there, a few users who have tested it indicated that it does definitely increase server fps; although, it does increase zeds as well.

Yep, I went from 3-4FPS to 7FPS on a full 50 player server after 2 hours, and I restart on the third hour. Seems to be working out really well.

Running dual E5-2690's as well but it shouldn't effect FPS drastically. The real miracle was in that fix so I'm excited to see what they can bring to the client to improve it more.

I run our instance on better hardware than "thevisad" listed and experience FPS dropping off after a period of time or when the user load increases.

You really must have magic servers thevisad ;)

i updated to latest reality - enabled ssZeds. it seems to have reduced the length and frequency of desync events (broken red chain), but it's still occurring.

now using same basic.cfg as thevisad, while it has helped a bit it hasn't completely stopped it.

hopefully dayzmod has a patch or something, cause not sure what else to try =)

There are many reasons for the Desync, first are foremost is a server sending out too many packets at once creating an overflow. Slow players connecting in (high ping 250+), logging enabled at a very high rate in the hive and diag_log spamming the server.

There is a great guide to optimising your server at http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?...ize-your-dayz-server-for-maximum-performance/

I only run a small dayZ server, lots of people trying it and not coming back, not too bothered at the moment as it is for friends mainly. I think your issues may be with your actual network, most hosts try to get too much out of the available hardware / bandwidth for obvious reasons.

Have had an ongoing issue with packet loss since November, could have been going on for longer, with my hosts, I rent a dedi server for my websites. They 'upgraded' the network this month which resulted in less latency and much less minimum latency. Basically they have reduced my ping to make up for packet loss.

Which is why I will be moving to a local hosting company, when I get the time to move nearly 100 websites :)

Ultimately, each server is different, definitely run a quality monitor from think broadband to get a good idea of latency and packet loss and tweak your basic configs to your particular setup.. win win.

thevisad - yes you're completely right. In my case, ping limit is at 170ms (I've been thinking of lowering this - never really thought about how this could affect desync so now you've mentioned it i'll give it a try), hive logging isn't spamming anything but I do notice that the batteleye script logs can get quite large - some up to 500mb! is that normal in your opinion? Using the latest filters...

axeman - yes I have followed that dayzmod guide previously. I actually found using their suggested basic.cfg settings made the desync issues worse for me. following the suggestions in this thread improved things.

So, i just test the ssZeds Package together with a customized basic.cfg as shown in the tutorial... and it seems to work quite well.

And yes, i can definitly say that huge battleye and rpt-logs suck the servers performance... the bottleneck of nearly every server is the harddrive, and because nearly everyone hosts the mysql-db on the same machine as the arma server, everything that writes to the db competes the mysql-server.

Thats why i earased lot of unimportant log-rules in my battleye-scripts and also deleted some unimportant diag_log commands in my server.pbo.... i mean who wants to check a scripts.txt thats a few hundret megabyte big. Most battleye-scripts that come with server-packages realy log every crap that happens on the server.

Will see real results in a few hours, when server is full.

have tried lowering our ping limit (was previously 170, now 110ms) and that seems to have helped too - still occurs, but now only occasionally (compared to almost like clockwork) and not for long.

Hey thevisad, where did you get the programme you are using below (server watch)?

Ok, this is a pretty big thing here and the cause of a lot of headaches for servers. Most likely the issue is this config option. Here is the formula on how to find out how much bandwidth your server is taking. Min bandwidth and max bandwidth does not matter as much as these four items. My server tool has this built onto the interface already.

In additon MaxPacket size should not exceed MTU of the line you are connecting to. Default internet traffic is 1500 and this line should be below that. Your specifying to send 2048 bits per packet which get stripped to 1500 (the max) since this protocol does not send ack, the systems just error out and fail to get the desired packet. Not all packets will be sent at this and therefore some will actually make it through properly. As the packets get larger you will have more problems as more of the packets fail.

(((Server FPS * NumPlayers) * MaxSizeGuaranteed) * MaxMsgSendText)

@Edd660 your server would consume 29440000 bps with 50 players while running at 50 FPS.
@Karl your server will consume 163840000 bps based on your settings.

1nU90

Hey Grafzahl... When you said this: "Thats why i earased lot of unimportant log-rules in my battleye-scripts and also deleted some unimportant diag_log commands in my server.pbo"

Did you just comment out diag_... lines in some of the server PBO files?

Also, what I am really interested in, is how you did the " earased lot of unimportant log-rules in my battleye-scripts" bit :p Any tips?

Thanks!

So, i just test the ssZeds Package together with a customized basic.cfg as shown in the tutorial... and it seems to work quite well.

And yes, i can definitly say that huge battleye and rpt-logs suck the servers performance... the bottleneck of nearly every server is the harddrive, and because nearly everyone hosts the mysql-db on the same machine as the arma server, everything that writes to the db competes the mysql-server.

Thats why i earased lot of unimportant log-rules in my battleye-scripts and also deleted some unimportant diag_log commands in my server.pbo.... i mean who wants to check a scripts.txt thats a few hundret megabyte big. Most battleye-scripts that come with server-packages realy log every crap that happens on the server.

Will see real results in a few hours, when server is full.

Here is my config, it has zero to no lag and typically runs between 30-50ish FPS with a full server.

Code:
MinBandwidth=10000000;
MaxBandwidth=40000000;
MaxMsgSend=26;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed=256;
MinErrorToSendNear=0.050000001;
MinErrorToSend=0.001;
MaxCustomFileSize=0;
MaxSizeGuaranteed=512;
Windowed=0;
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=1;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
class sockets
{
maxPacketSize=1400;
};

just wondering whats the player slot count for this server set up?

Back