R3F Tow/Lift Help Needed

Hi Inkko, as an experiment I loaded you sample PBO file onto my server to see if it would work. it loaded up just fine except it spawned me on the opposite side of the mal from where i logged out, lol. I went to a dozen vehicles and "towing" did not come up on any of them. Any ideas what might be wrong?? Was that a working PBO?

If you don't have a dayz.st server and didn't change the instance id i don't think it'd work on your server.

anyknow know how i can make it so it attaches to the vehicle like 5-10m behind the vehicle. every vehicle i tow always bumps off and flys off into the sky when i untow it

Thanks for the help Inkko. I changed the ID and reloaded it. no change at all. still no tow option. that tells me something but I don't know what, lol. It's not a server issue as I've seem other HFB servers running it. well, guess I just have to keep plugging away.

Has anyone posted how to stop towing/lift of locked vehicles? I got it working for my epoch server anyone thats interested let me know..
should I post the scripts or just the link ???

credit for this goes to MRTesla I found it on dayzepoch and it workz

This will disable the functions of the R3F Artillery & Logistics addon (tow, lift, load in, and move) for vehicles that are locked.

Requirements:
-Something to unpack pbo files, such as PBO Manager.
-Text editor (Notepad++ recommended)

1. Unpack these files:
-dayz_code.pbo from your @DayZ_Epoch folder in your Arma 2 OA directory
-mission pbo
-server pbo (dayz_server.pbo)

2. In the dayz_code folder, copy the "local_lockunlock.sqf" from the "compile" folder and the "compiles.sqf" from the "init" folder and place them into your mission file. For this tutorial, they'll be placed in a folder call "Custom".

3. In the "local_lockunlock.sqf", change this:
if (local _vehicle) then {
if(_status) then {
_vehicle setVehicleLock "LOCKED";
} else {
_vehicle setVehicleLock "UNLOCKED";
};
};
to this:
if (local _vehicle) then {
if(_status) then {
_vehicle setVehicleLock "LOCKED";
_vehicle setVariable ["R3F_LOG_disabled",true,true];
} else {
_vehicle setVehicleLock "UNLOCKED";
_vehicle setVariable ["R3F_LOG_disabled",false,true];
};
};
4. In "compiles.sqf", change the file path in this line to point to your edited "local_lockunlock.sqf":
local_lockUnlock =compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_lockUnlock.sqf";//When vehicle is local to unit perform locking vehicle
So for this tutorial, it would be changed to this:
local_lockUnlock =compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Custom\local_lockUnlock.sqf";//When vehicle is local to unit perform locking vehicle
5. In the "init.sqf" in your mission file, change the file path in this line to point to your edited "compiles.sqf":
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";//Compile regular functions
For this tutorial, it would be changed to this:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Custom\compiles.sqf";//Compile regular functions
6. Repack the mission file and upload it to the server.

7. In the server file, open "server_publishVehicle2.sqf" in the "compile" folder and "server_monitor.sqf" in the "system" folder.

8. In "server_publishVehicle2.sqf", after this line:
_object setvehiclelock "locked";
add this line:
_object setVariable ["R3F_LOG_disabled",true,true];
9. Do the same thing in the "server_monitor.sqf" in this section:
if(_ownerID != "0") then {
_object setvehiclelock "locked";
};
10. Repack the server pbo and upload it to the server.

hi guys i am having trouble i run an epoch server and i want to tow and lift but i cant tow half of the cars/helis in game only ones from regular dayz PLEASE HELP!

Anyone know where the arma2_CO__objects.sqf is located for DayZ Epoch? I would like to adjust which vehicles can tow/lift if possible.

I have a bit of a problem with disabling towing/lifting on locked vehicles.

I can't seem to lift anything with a helicopter that's been bought, If I find a heli and use it, it can lift everything except locked vehicles. But a lockable heli cannot lift anything.

has anyone got the load in options to work ??
I can load say a atv or gunbox into a vehicle but I have no option to unload it
so I put a atv in a ural how do I get it back out (not tow) load/unload

has anyone got the load in options to work ??
I can load say a atv or gunbox into a vehicle but I have no option to unload it
so I put a atv in a ural how do I get it back out (not tow) load/unload
I have it working, i believe it should be cargo and it shows what is inside and you can unload things that have been loaded in.

Back